EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, DISCERNING said:

Do you have an idea of documents to present for the AOS interview?

They are listed on the interview letter.

and you can review on the AOS guide:

Eventually most people (see exception below) will receive a letter from the CIS informing you of your interview date. It will include instructions on what to bring to the interview and any required items you may need to complete before hand. One of the most critical items requested will be "evidence of the relationship" which proves that your marriage is true and faithful (i.e. photos, joint checking account, joint lease, joint mortgage, and birth certificates of children if any, etc.). Also, it is important to bring the current passport of the beneficiary to the interview. The interview is fairly painless and may be video recorded and lasts between 15-30 minutes. If approved you will be mailed your "green-card" shortly after the interview date (weeks).

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

8 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

They are listed on the interview letter.

and you can review on the AOS guide:

Eventually most people (see exception below) will receive a letter from the CIS informing you of your interview date. It will include instructions on what to bring to the interview and any required items you may need to complete before hand. One of the most critical items requested will be "evidence of the relationship" which proves that your marriage is true and faithful (i.e. photos, joint checking account, joint lease, joint mortgage, and birth certificates of children if any, etc.). Also, it is important to bring the current passport of the beneficiary to the interview. The interview is fairly painless and may be video recorded and lasts between 15-30 minutes. If approved you will be mailed your "green-card" shortly after the interview date (weeks).

Thank you 🙌🏾

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Malaka2019 said:

Glad to report back to this thread that I had my interview on the 14th, and my case was approved right away! Here's a detailed breakdown:

-The notice said arrive 15 min prior, but we were worried about the security check line so just entered the building a few minutes before. No one said anything. 

-No one was allowed in the building without a mask on, only 4 people were allowed in the elevator at the time, plenty of hand sanitizers, 6 ft distancing for people on a line, and waiting room had a few pair of chairs separated from each other by good distance. 

-We waited about 1.5 hr, there did not seem to be much order in who gets called first because people with both lower and higher waiting number than us got called in before us. 

-Once we got called in, interview itself was very fast; probably less than 10 minutes. The interviewer asked to see our passport and marriage certificate first then asked us to take an oath, then again asked for "any joint document we want to present". We gave him our 2019 joint tax return (just the receipt), joint checking acct statements, and my medical exam. We also showed him our photo album which he looked over and took three random photos.

-The interviewer asked my husband (USC): date and place of my birth, our current address and when we moved in there, if anyone else living with us, and the last date I traveled out of the country <- this last one was a curve ball and my husband was off by an entire year... but the interviewer did not seem to care too much about it.

-The interviewer asked me: date and place of husband's birth, marriage date, if either of us have been married before (we have not), and a bunch of questions from I-485 which he flew through. 

-At the end he gave us a slip that says our result is pending, but he said he will approve our case before we even leave the building... and that's what he did. Case status was updated to "new card being produced" within the hour and couple days later it showed up as "Case approved". 

Hope that was helpful for anyone waiting for the interview, I got so much help from this thread since I filed last year. Good luck for all of us!

Congratulations! 

Husband and I had his interview yesterday at the Baltimore Office

super organized there, checked in with ease. Waited about 45-an hour before his name was called. He told us he wasn’t concerned about the bonafides of our relationship as we had presented great evidence. Asked my husband the biographical information on the form then the officer chose some questions from the YES/NO section. Asked me 1 question and didn’t want any other evidence as he already made his decision for approval. 

left our appointment at 12:45 and at 4:00 his card was in production!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Card was delivered to the address on record last Friday - 5 days from the interview. Is this the Uscis or Amazon prime? 😂 hope there is no typo in the name or anything when I go pick it up. 

Also, if anyone is staying somewhere else than the address on record be careful with mail forwarding. My lawyer told me that she saw too many cards get lost this way because apparently uscis does not like mail forwarding. I had a forwarding set up with USPS and had to cancel it right after the interview. 

Adjustment Of Status

06/14/2019    Application sent

06/26/2019    NOA1 Issued

07/01/2019    NOA1 hard copy

07/16/2019    Biometrics

10/17/2016    Status updated: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

02/19/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

02/24/2020    Interview schedule notice received (snail mail)

04/09/2020    Interview canceled due to covid-19 lockdown

08/12/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

08/20/2020    Interview reschedule notice received (snail mail)

09/14/2020    Interview at the USCIS Field Office, new card being produced 

09/16/2020    Case approved, Card mailed

• 2 weeks later...

Interview done! We had ours scheduled this morning 7.45am in Newark, NJ. Arrived at 7.30am, we waited maybe 40-45 mins, interview was over in 10 mins - we took an oath, she asked for additional evidence(she said it was plenty and she didn’t even take it all). She asked a couple of simple questions - how we met, when we started officially dating, how many guests in our wedding, how long we‘ve lived together etc. Then she asked me to confirm my husbands (the USC) full name, date of birth, country of birth as well as few of the yes/no questions from the application. and said everything seems fine, we should have an update by EOD.

We got home and within 30 minutes of the interview ending my status already changed to ‘card is being produced’. It was super simple and easy and the officer was a lovely lady, who said she’s been working there for over 18 years. 
Glad it is over for now! 

My wife and I had her interview yesterday at the Baltimore Office. After we both gave an oath, the officer went through the I-485 application with my wife and had her sign/date at the end. The officer was impressed with the application, as he said it's rare to find an application with no mistakes. The only document that was asked of us is a certified copy of our marriage certificate, since the officer couldn't find the one we already submitted in the stack of documents in front of him. Thankfully, we had another certified copy with us and handed it over to him.

Unlike some fortunate people here, the officer did not give an immediate approval and said that the case would have to be reviewed by others in the office, giving us a letter stating as such. This may be due to the fact that the officer is relatively new (he shared that he hasn't been there long), so I'm assuming he doesn't have the authority to approve on the spot. Also, from what I've found online, it's common for cases to go into further review after the interview at the Baltimore Office. Later that afternoon, the online case status was updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed." Who knows how long that will take! They have up to 120 days to review the case, so I'm sure they will take their time.

So for those that receive an immediate approval, especially at the Baltimore Office, count your lucky stars! @emm21717

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsRo said:

Interview done! We had ours scheduled this morning 7.45am in Newark, NJ. Arrived at 7.30am, we waited maybe 40-45 mins, interview was over in 10 mins - we took an oath, she asked for additional evidence(she said it was plenty and she didn’t even take it all). She asked a couple of simple questions - how we met, when we started officially dating, how many guests in our wedding, how long we‘ve lived together etc. Then she asked me to confirm my husbands (the USC) full name, date of birth, country of birth as well as few of the yes/no questions from the application. and said everything seems fine, we should have an update by EOD.

We got home and within 30 minutes of the interview ending my status already changed to ‘card is being produced’. It was super simple and easy and the officer was a lovely lady, who said she’s been working there for over 18 years. 
Glad it is over for now! 

I've been waiting to hear that your AOS was approved! Congratulations!

6 hours ago, MrsRo said:

Glad it is over for now! 

Congratulations!

I have mine in 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, JasonIsMyName said:

My wife and I had her interview yesterday at the Baltimore Office. After we both gave an oath, the officer went through the I-485 application with my wife and had her sign/date at the end. The officer was impressed with the application, as he said it's rare to find an application with no mistakes. The only document that was asked of us is a certified copy of our marriage certificate, since the officer couldn't find the one we already submitted in the stack of documents in front of him. Thankfully, we had another certified copy with us and handed it over to him.

Unlike some fortunate people here, the officer did not give an immediate approval and said that the case would have to be reviewed by others in the office, giving us a letter stating as such. This may be due to the fact that the officer is relatively new (he shared that he hasn't been there long), so I'm assuming he doesn't have the authority to approve on the spot. Also, from what I've found online, it's common for cases to go into further review after the interview at the Baltimore Office. Later that afternoon, the online case status was updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed." Who knows how long that will take! They have up to 120 days to review the case, so I'm sure they will take their time.

So for those that receive an immediate approval, especially at the Baltimore Office, count your lucky stars! @emm21717

The inconsistency is strange.

Some get approved on the spot, others have to wait.

We had our interview this Tuesday. It seemed like went well. We however havent gotten any updates yet. The officer did mention they need have to do background checks and that we should expect something in the mail in 3 weeks.

Very different scenario from what others experienced.

I agree @DISCERNING. Our interview went well too, so I was really hoping USCIS would approve the case within a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we're into the third week now, and the case status has not changed. Originally, when we were notified on August 24th that the interview had been scheduled, we were thinking there's no need to renew my wife's EAD/AP card. However, now we're sitting at one month to expiration with no idea when her I-485 will be approved, despite the fact that the interview was completed on September 28th. So, we went ahead and submitted the paperwork to renew her EAD/AP card today.

12 minutes ago, JasonIsMyName said:

I agree @DISCERNING. Our interview went well too, so I was really hoping USCIS would approve the case within a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we're into the third week now, and the case status has not changed. Originally, when we were notified on August 24th that the interview had been scheduled, we were thinking there's no need to renew my wife's EAD/AP card. However, now we're sitting at one month to expiration with no idea when her I-485 will be approved, despite the fact that the interview was completed on September 28th. So, we went ahead and submitted the paperwork to renew her EAD/AP card today.

Sorry..... That must be very frustrating... But I hope it wont go beyond 3 weeks.

I applied to renew the EAD even after the interview was scheduled since I had a feeling the I-485 process would drag.

Yet to receive the new EAD Card though.

Already gave my employers the notice of  EAD renewal... Mine expires in November  - So close!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.