dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2019

1,447 posts in this topic

Ugh ok...so here's the deal...our joint sponsor is my sister who lives abroad but still has US domicile...works abroad...in Dubai. They asked for her W2s but she doesn't get them being that she's working abroad. I'm looking for information now on what they will accept instead of W2s. I already submitted her offer letter of employment and 3 years of tax returns not including 2018 because she didn't file. So it's in AP until we submit what they need. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, alpha97 said:

Thank you.

CC - May 16. Embassy - Belmopan, Belize

I hope more IL's start going out!!!

Congrats. Yeah, hopefully it's a flood in here this week.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

Ugh ok...so here's the deal...our joint sponsor is my sister who lives abroad but still has US domicile...works abroad...in Dubai. They asked for her W2s but she doesn't get them being that she's working abroad. I'm looking for information now on what they will accept instead of W2s. I already submitted her offer letter of employment and 3 years of tax returns not including 2018 because she didn't file. So it's in AP until we submit what they need. 

These people they are stubborn; if they ask for W2s they are really after W2s. But since you absolutely cannot provide it, maybe you should write a letter to them explaining the circumstances as to why you can't provide W2s, and include tax return transcripts from IRS? 

If not you might have to look for another joint sponsor based in the US.

Edited by nastra30

1 minute ago, nastra30 said:

Can you she provide tax return transcripts from IRS? or you already provided that too?

I didn't get transcripts but gave the actual returns. They are specifically asking for 2018 W2s. She doesn't get a W2 from working abroad. She makes tax free money. I'm not sure what they will need or want now. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I didn't get transcripts but gave the actual returns. They are specifically asking for 2018 W2s. She doesn't get a W2 from working abroad. She makes tax free money. I'm not sure what they will need or want now. 

If you had initially sent tax transcripts from IRS you wouldn't have needed a W2. So check with them if they will accept tax transcripts from IRS.

Edited by nastra30

I  am going to quote this "If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside". I found this on IRS website.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kabaddi_Cali1983 said:

I  am going to quote this "If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside". I found this on IRS website.

Unless you make below the minimum threshold of $12,000 (for an individual). In that case, you have to write a letter explaining why you were not required to file.

Edited by nastra30

2 minutes ago, Kabaddi_Cali1983 said:

Yes I know but they want W2s for a company that doesn't give W2s because they are subject to witholding American taxes. 

4 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

If you had initially sent tax transcripts from IRS you wouldn't have needed a W2. So check with them if they will accept tax transcripts from IRS.

They still asked for my W2s with my tax transcripts

Timeline
4 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

Yes I know but they want W2s for a company that doesn't give W2s because they are subject to witholding American taxes. - I  understand that so refer to my original responses; you'll have to be proactive with them. Or find another joint sponsor.

They still asked for my W2s with my tax transcripts - You provided tax transcripts? or Tax returns? They are two different things.

Edited by nastra30

Just now, nastra30 said:

i provided my transcripts and my sister could only give me her tax return pdf at the time. i didn't wait for her to go online to get her tax transcripts because I thought the returns would do just as well as the transcripts. sorry to not have been more clearer. we are joint sponsors to my husband. 

3 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

i provided my transcripts and my sister could only give me her tax return pdf at the time. i didn't wait for her to go online to get her tax transcripts because I thought the returns would do just as well as the transcripts. sorry to not have been more clearer. we are joint sponsors to my husband. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.