Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 FILERS

1,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 11:33 PM, boozy said:

Hello everyone! I created this account like 1 min ago lol. Thank you for making forums like these so we can all share our journeys together!

I sent my k1 application in on June 1st, they received it on June 3rd. Got the NOA1 text on June 7th. Received the receipt in the mail today, June 13th! Now awaiting the lengthy process time.....

Chiang Mai doesn't do K1. I wish they did, since my GF lives in Chiang Mai and it would just make our life so much easier :)

Your consulate for K1 will be Bangkok, please update your profile.

3 minutes ago, soco said:

Yay! Congrats! Still waiting on my notification. Same pick up date. 

I lied!

I just checked my bank account and I have a pending withdrawal:

Pending
Jun 21
ACH DEBIT USCIS DALLAS Spend

- $535.00

That's enough of a notification for me!

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

1 minute ago, soco said:

I lied!

Pending
Jun 21

- $535.00

Congrats.....

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

30 minutes ago, soco said:

I lied!

Pending
Jun 21

- $535.00

Congratulations! Still waiting on mine - my pickup wasn't until Tuesday morning so I guess I will be waiting until next week! 

@Ameriaussie

Does the I-129F sent date on your time line reflect  the first time you sent in your petition before it was sent back to you?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just another small update. I received this text today, about 8 hours after I got the pending withdrawal notification:

USCIS: Your case was reeceived. Receipt #WACxxxx. Official receipt notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail.

So I am officially paid for and notified. Now just waiting on NOA1.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, soco said:

I lied!

Pending
Jun 21

- $535.00

Hooray!!!!! Congratulations.

14 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Ameriaussie

Does the I-129F sent date on your time line reflect  the first time you sent in your petition before it was sent back to you?

Absolutely

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 6/20/2019 at 10:56 PM, Kitterattack said:

Hello Everyone, Me and my fiance plan on sending our I-129F package this month. We have done a lot a of google searching but we can't seem to find our answers. For our package we are wondering if there is a form that we need to put as proof for joint sponsorship. I have a year round "Part-Time" Job and I don't get paid enough to reach the Poverty Guidelines on my own but my lovely parents have 100% agreed to help as a joint sponsor. So Is there a form to file for that or do I have to include pay stubs from me and my parents. Please Help we very appreciate any responses. He was also a J-1 student the past two years and we are curious is he will have to get the medical stuff done if he has already been through that kind of process.  

you will do that part later in the process, no income documents submitted with 1-129F

Well, I've hit my first roadblock already : ( 

I got my package back in the mail.  It was "received damaged" by USPS.  It looks like complete , and my check is gone.  Many of the papers are all dirty and damaged as is my passport photo.  Getting it all repackaged tonight.  I'm so mad at USPS.  I will try tomorrow and send with UPS.  Two weeks down the drain. 

On 6/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, YB&TR said:

I initially intended to file last month but filed Thursday June 20. Let the waiting begin.🙂 Wishing everyone the best throughout this journey!

I sent mine to DR last week but got it sent back because the post office damaged it, so I'll send it again tomorrow morning.  We should keep in touch! Similar dates and for the same country! : ) 

8 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Well, I've hit my first roadblock already : ( 

I got my package back in the mail.  It was "received damaged" by USPS.  It looks like complete , and my check is gone.  Many of the papers are all dirty and damaged as is my passport photo.  Getting it all repackaged tonight.  I'm so mad at USPS.  I will try tomorrow and send with UPS.  Two weeks down the drain. 

Oh no, I would use FedEx  myself, just get back in the saddle again. Put stop payment on check. Youll be ok just a slight setback. You have copies right?

Citizenship Complete!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Oh no, I would use FedEx  myself, just get back in the saddle again. Put stop payment on check. Youll be ok just a slight setback. You have copies right?

Yep, I made copies of everything, good thing I did! Thanks for the encouragement.  Any reason you would pick FedEx over UPS? There is a UPS right by my house so I can take it before work tomorrow...wouldn't have time to do FedEx until later so it would be another wasted day - but I will do that it if needed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.