Greenbaum

JUNE 2019 K-1 FILERS

1,043 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, soco said:

I just got my NOA1! Got a letter in the mail: Form I-797C, Notice of Action.

Received Date: June 17 2019

Notice Date: June 20 2019

What's interesting is it looks like it's going through the California Service Center.

Your application was sent to Texas where they open all the mail and scan the contents into your online case file. The paper contents will be sent to the California Service Center CSC for adjudication. (There's that word. :D) So most everyone's case is sent to CSC for processing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

47 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:
The timeline is determined based on what other VJr's add to their timeline. Some keep up with it and others don't. So, it's not 100 percent but it gives you a better idea then nothing.

This is why I questioned the context of it, I know what adjudicate means. But how is that tool estimating that timeframe. Is it based on when people enter the NOA1 form then come back when they receive their NOA2? After they receive a RFE? From what I understand there's no way of telling when the government judges the I-129 until you either receive an NOA2 or RFE correct?

Edited by soco

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

18 minutes ago, soco said:

This is why I questioned the context of it, I know what adjudicate means. But how is that tool estimating that timeframe. Is it based on when people enter the NOA1 form then come back when they receive their NOA2? YES

After they receive a RFE? YES

From what I understand there's no way of telling when the government judges the I-129 until you either receive an NOA2 or RFE correct? YES

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, soco said:

This is why I questioned the context of it, I know what adjudicate means. But how is that tool estimating that timeframe. Is it based on when people enter the NOA1 form then come back when they receive their NOA2? After they receive a RFE? From what I understand there's no way of telling when the government judges the I-129 until you either receive an NOA2 or RFE correct?

The VJ estimator tool? It's a statistical estimation based off of everyone's inputs into VJ, hence it's important for everyone to input their timelines. It's not always accurate but it is close enough for the vast majority. For instance, mine estimated a January approval and I got mine in late December (a couple weeks earlier than it had estimated). 

No one can accurately estimate an approval, but the estimator vaguely sets some form of guideline. 

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

5 minutes ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

The VJ estimator tool? It's a statistical estimation based off of everyone's inputs into VJ, hence it's important for everyone to input their timelines. It's not always accurate but it is close enough for the vast majority. For instance, mine estimated a January approval and I got mine in late December (a couple weeks earlier than it had estimated). 

No one can accurately estimate an approval, but the estimator vaguely sets some form of guideline. 

Yeah I'm not going to really use it and get my hopes up based on what it's saying. Just surprised at the September timeframe. My own personal guestimate would be November/December. Totally just a guess though based on what I read so far.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Any way to know if a USPS money order got cashed? fiancé filled the inquiry but they said it takes a week to show up in the system? It’s ridiculous... Have a better chance of getting a NOA1 before even finding out if it got cashed 😖. Packet got received 06/25 but no news so far :( 

1 hour ago, Ela S. said:

Any way to know if a USPS money order got cashed? fiancé filled the inquiry but they said it takes a week to show up in the system? It’s ridiculous... Have a better chance of getting a NOA1 before even finding out if it got cashed 😖. Packet got received 06/25 but no news so far :( 

You can check by calling 1-866-459-78221-866-459-7822 FREE. From there you will be prompted to enter the 11 digit number of your money order, the dollar amount, and the 6 digit post office code. All of these numbers are on the receipt that you hopefully kept (the smaller part you were left with after you tore off and mailed in the larger part).

After you have done this, the automated fellow will tell you that the number you have entered either "Matches" or "Does Not Match" their records. If it says that it "matches" that means that the money order you are asking about WAS NOT CASHED, and if it says "Does Not Match", that means WAS CASHED!

Again, "matches" = NOT CASHED, and "does not match" = CASHED.

*If you are having trouble finding your numbers on the receipt, you can look at this pic as an example: https://www.swgloballlc.com/images/money_order2.jpg

In the example the 11 digit number is: 18366885775 and the 6 digit post office number is: 060190. Just replace these numbers with the ones on your receipt.*

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You can check by calling 1-866-459-78221-866-459-7822 FREE. From there you will be prompted to enter the 11 digit number of your money order, the dollar amount, and the 6 digit post office code. All of these numbers are on the receipt that you hopefully kept (the smaller part you were left with after you tore off and mailed in the larger part).

After you have done this, the automated fellow will tell you that the number you have entered either "Matches" or "Does Not Match" their records. If it says that it "matches" that means that the money order you are asking about WAS NOT CASHED, and if it says "Does Not Match", that means WAS CASHED!

Again, "matches" = NOT CASHED, and "does not match" = CASHED.

*If you are having trouble finding your numbers on the receipt, you can look at this pic as an example: https://www.swgloballlc.com/images/money_order2.jpg

In the example the 11 digit number is: 18366885775 and the 6 digit post office number is: 060190. Just replace these numbers with the ones on your receipt.*

Thank you for the info!! Just called and unfortunately they said it matches. Don’t think it’ll get cashed til next week... Hoping it does asap 🤞🏼

Timeline

Omg!! Fiancé just got a text with the receipt number!! Said we would get the official receipt in the mail shortly :D I suppose they have/will cash it shortly as well. This does count as a NOA1 right? since we already got the receipt # and are in the system. Woot made our weekend :) 

2 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Omg!! Fiancé just got a text with the receipt number!! Said we would get the official receipt in the mail shortly :D I suppose they have/will cash it shortly as well. This does count as a NOA1 right? since we already got the receipt # and are in the system. Woot made our weekend :) 

Yes thats your NOA1. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

Does it take into account the beneficiaries country? Because I see a few on here who got their NOA1 after others but their estimate for NOA2 is a week or 2 sooner 🧐

Timeline
3 minutes ago, S_&_M said:

Does it take into account the beneficiaries country? Because I see a few on here who got their NOA1 after others but their estimate for NOA2 is a week or 2 sooner 🧐

I was going to ask that.. Because my estimate says September 19-22 but other people who got a NOA1 earlier than me have later dates. Not complaining but  curious as to why! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! Finally had the courage to post here. I just sent in my k1 petition on Tuesday. My  tracking number hasn't updated since 5am. Tracking says, "The item is currently in transit to the destination." Has anyone had a similar experience? I know it's early to worry, but I can't help feel anxious!

50 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Hi all! Finally had the courage to post here. I just sent in my k1 petition on Tuesday. My  tracking number hasn't updated since 5am. Tracking says, "The item is currently in transit to the destination." Has anyone had a similar experience? I know it's early to worry, but I can't help feel anxious!

Welcome to the group. This first step is pretty exciting but the road ahead is long, stressfull and sometimes filled with hiccups. My recommendation is to lower your expectations and go with the flow and it will be much more enjoyable.  All the best.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, bengal17 said:

No courage needed to post here, welcome to the group we are glad you found us, now sit back and try to relax enjoy the forum learn all you can. You can be assured that your petition will arrive and you'll be on your way!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.