Trevor and Lorie

Help with expediting correction of BC at PSA

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope someone out there has gone through the process that we are going through so that you can help inform us of the fastest way to get this done. Our K1 and K2 visa file is ready at the Embassy in Manila. My fiancé's daughter (the K2) had an issue with her birth certificate. It showed my fiancé married to he daughters father on the BC, however they were never married and my fiancé has the cenomar to prove that. So she started this process in August to correct her daughters BC. She just got the finalized decision from the court to go ahead and correct the BC so the legal part is finished. However, her daughter does not have a passport and cannot get a passport or do anything else until she has the corrected BC. Our case is ready at the Embassy so we need to get this BC as soon as possible. Has anyone out there gone through this? If so can anyone please tell us what we can do if anything to get the BC as soon as possible hopefully in a couple weeks. We can schedule our interview right now, and this is the one thing that is holding up our process in order for her to move to the US so we can be a family together finally. Can we make an Advanced Endorsement on something like this to get the PSA to get it done fast? and if anyone has gone through this how long did it normally take to get the corrected copy from the PSA. Please if anyone can help us with this we would appreciate it very very much!! We Thank you in Advance!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Even if she was not married,  she would still need permission of father to bring the children to the US

We already have that from the father. and in the Philippines that is not requires because the mother always has custody of an illegitimate child. But we got his consent anyway just to be safe

Edited by TLC2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Even if she was not married,  she would still need permission of father to bring the children to the US

This is not true for the Philippines. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Understand Philippines law.  Children out of wedlock don't need it 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Understand Philippines law.  Children out of wedlock don't need it 

seriously?

thought the embassies went by US laws especially since there was a big case about 10 years ago where a Cuban man went to court to have custody of his son and won

and the US had to return the boy to his father

i stand corrected but i still think fathers have rights

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is this a Coffee Money issue?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

seriously?

thought the embassies went by US laws especially since there was a big case about 10 years ago where a Cuban man went to court to have custody of his son and won

Not in PI, and this is an unbelievably common question. Inevitably there is a complexity where you have different systems that do not relate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

seriously?

What US law gives a Filipino man rights that his own country doesn't provide?

YMMV

Timeline

seriously?

They don't in the Philippines, because so many men there get women pregnant and leave them. its a real problem. And its a US law but not a law in the Philippines. Just like child support. That is the same way.

Timeline

Please if we could stick with the original topic. I really need help with figuring out how to expedite at the PSA. Thanks!

Timeline

I may be confusing terms with different Countries, but informal payments to make something happen.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

What he meant is it is common is these parts of the world to slip the local officials a few bucks to "expedite" the process whether it's getting a BC, passport or police certificate for example.

oh ok I c. Thank you for explaining. I have heard that the Philippines has cut down lately on doing those sort of things like paying somebody under the table to move it along faster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.