Trevor and Lorie

Help with expediting correction of BC at PSA

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I don't know if this is a reputable site, maybe you could look in to it: 

https://nsohelpline.com/faq

It says delivery is within 2 - 7 days from receipt of payment, depending on location. 

6 minutes ago, TLC2019 said:

oh ok I c. Thank you for explaining. I have heard that the Philippines has cut down lately on doing those sort of things like paying somebody under the table to move it along faster.

That usually doesn't mean jack. It's part of the culture of this part of the world. You'll be amazed how much faster $10 or $20 bucks would bring the BC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TLC2019 said:

oh ok I c. Thank you for explaining. I have heard that the Philippines has cut down lately on doing those sort of things like paying somebody under the table to move it along faster.

I have heard the same as it relates to the common man.  I am sure,  Duterte may still be exempt 

YMMV

42 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Even if she was not married,  she would still need permission of father to bring the children to the US

Not for the Philippines. PI law states the mother has all rights and privileges for the care of the child. It's a federal law.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Even if she was not married,  she would still need permission of father to bring the children to the US

Not in the Philippines.   Mother has sole custody.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, TLC2019 said:

I hope someone out there has gone through the process that we are going through so that you can help inform us of the fastest way to get this done. Our K1 and K2 visa file is ready at the Embassy in Manila. My fiancé's daughter (the K2) had an issue with her birth certificate. It showed my fiancé married to he daughters father on the BC, however they were never married and my fiancé has the cenomar to prove that. So she started this process in August to correct her daughters BC. She just got the finalized decision from the court to go ahead and correct the BC so the legal part is finished. However, her daughter does not have a passport and cannot get a passport or do anything else until she has the corrected BC. Our case is ready at the Embassy so we need to get this BC as soon as possible. Has anyone out there gone through this? If so can anyone please tell us what we can do if anything to get the BC as soon as possible hopefully in a couple weeks. We can schedule our interview right now, and this is the one thing that is holding up our process in order for her to move to the US so we can be a family together finally. Can we make an Advanced Endorsement on something like this to get the PSA to get it done fast? and if anyone has gone through this how long did it normally take to get the corrected copy from the PSA. Please if anyone can help us with this we would appreciate it very very much!! We Thank you in Advance!!

Have your fiance been to the local registrar office at her city? They will make the endorsement and you send it via same day delivery. When I sent mine it only took two weeks from the endorsement and PSA sent me a confirmation. It is better to contact the local registrar's office to know if there can be an expedited process.

Edited by GreenGem
By you I mean your fiance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, TLC2019 said:

I hope someone out there has gone through the process that we are going through so that you can help inform us of the fastest way to get this done. Our K1 and K2 visa file is ready at the Embassy in Manila. My fiancé's daughter (the K2) had an issue with her birth certificate. It showed my fiancé married to he daughters father on the BC, however they were never married and my fiancé has the cenomar to prove that. So she started this process in August to correct her daughters BC. She just got the finalized decision from the court to go ahead and correct the BC so the legal part is finished. However, her daughter does not have a passport and cannot get a passport or do anything else until she has the corrected BC. Our case is ready at the Embassy so we need to get this BC as soon as possible. Has anyone out there gone through this? If so can anyone please tell us what we can do if anything to get the BC as soon as possible hopefully in a couple weeks. We can schedule our interview right now, and this is the one thing that is holding up our process in order for her to move to the US so we can be a family together finally. Can we make an Advanced Endorsement on something like this to get the PSA to get it done fast? and if anyone has gone through this how long did it normally take to get the corrected copy from the PSA. Please if anyone can help us with this we would appreciate it very very much!! We Thank you in Advance!!

For the passport you will need a PSA birth certificate.  If the name has not changed for the child why not use a current BC, get a copy from PSA.. take that to DFA and get the passport.   If you expedite delivery, it is possible to have the passport in 2-3 weeks.

https://www.passport.gov.ph/requirements/new-application-minor

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
38 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

seriously?

thought the embassies went by US laws especially since there was a big case about 10 years ago where a Cuban man went to court to have custody of his son and won

and the US had to return the boy to his father

i stand corrected but i still think fathers have rights

Nope .. none.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, GreenGem said:

Have you been to the local registrar office at your fiance's city? They will make the endorsement and send it via same day delivery. Went I sent mine it only took two weeks from the endorsement and PSA sent me a confirmation. It is better to contact the local registrar's office to know if there can be an expedited process.

She has not been there yet I told her to go there and ask for Advanced endorsement. When yours was fixed did you have to go through the court process first like she had to?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

For the passport you will need a PSA birth certificate.  If the name has not changed for the child why not use a current BC, get a copy from PSA.. take that to DFA and get the passport.   If you expedite delivery, it is possible to have the passport in 2-3 weeks.

https://www.passport.gov.ph/requirements/new-application-minor

She cant use the copy as is right now. Because it shows her parents were married when she was born. So my fiancé would have to provide a MC which of course she does not have. So we need the annotated copy.

Just now, TLC2019 said:

She has not been there yet I told her to go there and ask for Advanced endorsement. When yours was fixed did you have to go through the court process first like she had to?

Luckily no. I only needed to do the postings on a local news paper. The problem on mine was the gender. But my ex husband had the similar problem with your fiance's daughter and during that time (year 2006) corruption is on peak so $$ was involved and it was fast like took less than a week. I went thru a "normal" route coz I had time.

Timeline
Just now, TLC2019 said:

She cant use the copy as is right now. Because it shows her parents were married when she was born. So my fiancé would have to provide a MC which of course she does not have. So we need the annotated copy.

Ah .. the things that are done with a birth certificate in the Philippines just to not show the child illegitimate, then it comes to bite them later.        

Father signed off on the BC like that at birth?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, TLC2019 said:

She needs to go there on Monday and hopefully the endorsement can be done as soon as possible and if she knows someone who works at the city hall who can help her that will help too. Lol

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah .. the things that are done with a birth certificate in the Philippines just to not show the child illegitimate, then it comes to bite them later.        

Father signed off on the BC like that at birth?

Yes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.