TBoneTX

I-751 January 2018 Filers, Part II

293 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, asr_nyc said:

@Roy&Chanel, @Ivan W:

Folks may be you guys can help me out here.   I have a friend whose 751 case approved but she never received the physical green card (got lost in the mail and is in the process of requesting the card to be redelivered from USCIS) but she did get the Approval notice.   Now she is trying to apply for UKs tourist visa and the application form asks about the following -->> Green Card Start Date & Expiration Date...

Having gone through the UK visa process myself, here's what I would do. If she can't wait to apply till she gets the new green card:

• Start Date: Use the "Resident Since" date on the current (expired) green card
  • Expiration Date: Use the "Card Expires" date plus 18 months. So if the card expired Jan 1, 2019,  for example, use July 1, 2020
  • Include a copy of the Extension Notice and a note saying her green card expiration date has been extended by USCIS
  • Include a copy of the Approval Notice and a note saying her conditions have been removed and her stay extended till XXXX date (on the Approval Notice), but card is in production
  • Make sure that the Expiration Date (including 18 month extension) covers the period of her proposed travel, with 3+ months to spare (or whatever their requirement is)

The thing is, the UK authorities will likely go by the date on the formal documentation that is allowed as proof of US residency. Expired green card + Extension Notice is allowed; Approval Notice alone is not.

Aside: Many have reported serious delays in getting a UK visa (mine took 2 months), so factor that into the decision whether or not to apply without green card (which could delay the application even further for verification). See: https://www.yelp.com/biz/british-consulate-general-new-york-2

Edited by afrocraft

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Having gone through the UK visa process myself, here's what I would do. If she can't wait to apply till she gets the new green card:

• Start Date: Use the "Resident Since" date on the current (expired) green card
  • Expiration Date: Use the "Card Expires" date plus 18 months. So if the card expired Jan 1, 2019,  for example, use July 1, 2020
  • Include a copy of the Extension Notice and a note saying her green card expiration date has been extended by USCIS
  • Include a copy of the Approval Notice and a note saying her conditions have been removed and her stay extended till XXXX date (on the Approval Notice), but card is in production
  • Make sure that the Expiration Date (including 18 month extension) covers the period of her proposed travel, with 3+ months to spare (or whatever their requirement is)

The thing is, the UK authorities will likely go by the date on the formal documentation that is allowed for travel purposes. Expired green card + Extension Notice is allowed; Approval Notice alone is not.

Aside: Many have reported serious delays in getting a UK visa (mine took 2 months), so factor that into the decision whether or not to apply without green card (which could delay the application even further for verification). See: https://www.yelp.com/biz/british-consulate-general-new-york-2

@afrocraft Thanks for the great suggestion.   I actually was thinking of doing the same but the only issue is her Conditional GC expires 02/21/2018 and if we add 18 months to it that becomes August 21, 2019.   She plans to travel on 15th July for about a week.  Which implies the 3 months to spare wont work out.  That is why I was thinking that in the form, we specify that the Green Card Issuance date say 04/28/19 and expiry as 04/28/2029.  Along with that, we will provide all the above as you mentioned i.e. Old Green card copy, 18 month extention plus the approval letter + A letter explaining that the card was returned.  We still have 2 months to fly out, hopefully if the embassey comes back with an inquiry, we can then provide a copy of the 10 year green card (if she gets it by then).  What do you think?

21 minutes ago, asr_nyc said:

@afrocraft Thanks for the great suggestion.   I actually was thinking of doing the same but the only issue is her Conditional GC expires 02/21/2018 and if we add 18 months to it that becomes August 21, 2019.   She plans to travel on 15th July for about a week.  Which implies the 3 months to spare wont work out.  That is why I was thinking that in the form, we specify that the Green Card Issuance date say 04/28/19 and expiry as 04/28/2029.  Along with that, we will provide all the above as you mentioned i.e. Old Green card copy, 18 month extention plus the approval letter + A letter explaining that the card was returned.  We still have 2 months to fly out, hopefully if the embassey comes back with an inquiry, we can then provide a copy of the 10 year green card (if she gets it by then).  What do you think?

Can do, but obviously, she's taking a big risk. So let's turn to factors mitigate/aggravate that risk: Has she visited the UK before? Does she have other extensive overseas travel? Has she broken the terms of a UK/other visa? Does she have solid ties to the US -- like high-earning employment?

Edited by afrocraft

Timeline
Just now, afrocraft said:

Can do, but obviously, she's taking a big risk. So let's turn to factors mitigate/aggravate that risk: Has she visited the UK before? Does she have other extensive overseas travel? Has she broken the terms of a UK/other visa?

Has she visited the UK before?   --> NO

Does she have other extensive overseas travel? -->  She has travelled to Europe, India and a country or two.

Has she broken the terms of a UK/other visa? --> NO, clean record.

26 minutes ago, asr_nyc said:

That is why I was thinking that in the form, we specify that the Green Card Issuance date say 04/28/19 and expiry as 04/28/2029.  Along with that, we will provide all the above as you mentioned i.e. Old Green card copy, 18 month extention plus the approval letter + A letter explaining that the card was returned.  We still have 2 months to fly out, hopefully if the embassey comes back with an inquiry, we can then provide a copy of the 10 year green card (if she gets it by then).  What do you think?

2 minutes ago, asr_nyc said:

Has she visited the UK before?   --> NO

Has she broken the terms of a UK/other visa? --> NO, clean record.

So: First-time UK visitor who can only substantiate US residence beyond a few weeks after her proposed visit date. No new Green Card, just a letter that can be faked. If I were looking at her application, I might wonder whether she's at risk of losing her US residence (and is looking to hop to the UK). Don't expect an inquiry; they make it clear that their review is a paper one, based on the package that is submitted.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

So: First-time UK visitor who can only substantiate US residence beyond a few weeks after her proposed visit date. No new Green Card, just a letter that can be faked. If I were looking at her application, I might wonder whether she's at risk of losing her US residence (and is looking to hop to the UK). Don't expect an inquiry; they make it clear that their review is a paper one, based on the package that is submitted.

Yup, I know how that looks.  It sucks, because her case is approved and cos of USPS the mail went back.  SMH

is anyone shredding away those chat records, etc documents from K1-ROC? Im shredding them cos I dont have space. Still have the softcopies though. I'm only keeping the application forms, evidence of comingling etc and receipts got to go! 😂 

While doing it, I laughed at myself thinking back of the journey we have all went through! It was a fun ride!

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

4 hours ago, asr_nyc said:

@Roy&Chanel, @Ivan W:

Folks may be you guys can help me out here.   I have a friend whose 751 case approved but she never received the physical green card (got lost in the mail and is in the process of requesting the card to be redelivered from USCIS) but she did get the Approval notice.   Now she is trying to apply for UKs tourist visa and the application form asks about the following -->> Green Card Start Date & Expiration Date.   If she would have applied while her 751 application was pending, she could have just applied with the Copy of Conditional green card and the 18-month extension but since her 751 case has been approved, we were thinking of providing all those documents plus the copy of the 751 approval notice because who knows how long it will take to get the physical green card resent.

I wanted to ask you guys to help me figure out what the "Issued Date" on your green card is and based on the events of your case.  Following is the timeline of the events that took place:

* Notice Date on the Approval Notice (797) --> 04/28/2019

(Old USCIS website history) 

* We Ordered your new card --> 04/28/2019

* We mailed your new card your Form I-751..., directly to address you gave us --->> 05/02/2019

* The Post office picked up mail containing your new card -->> 05/03/2019

So, you think the Issued Date on the card would be 04/28/2019 or 05/02/2019??  Anyone else, please feel free to pitch in your suggestions.

Thank you again for your help.

There is no issue date on the greencard.

There's only Card Expires: from the date of approval I assume, cos mine says 8th April 2029

And Resident Since: The date on your adjustment approval I believe. Mine says March 2016

hope that helps

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

@carvalho

Congrats fellow Brazilian! :)

Hope they do the combo interview... I'm still waiting for my N-400 interview to get scheduled. At least I see some movement in Chicago office.

Edited by bperes
AOS Timeline
09.01.15 - Submitted AOS/EOD docs

09.09.15 - NOA1

10.02.15 - Biometrics Appointment

11.16.15 - I-765 AED Approved

11.16.15 - I-131 AP Approved

11.20.15 - I-766 EAD Card Received
03.17.16 - Interview Date (Approved!)

03.24.16 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline
01.29.18 - Submitted I-751
01.31.18 - NOA1
08.18.18 - 18-months Extension Letter Received
02.05.19 - Case Transferred to new Office - Nebraska
07.02.19 - Application Approved (New Card is Being Processed)
07.10.19 - New Green Card Received

Naturalization Timeline
12.18.18 - Submitted N-400 (Online)
12.18.18 - NOA1
12.22.18 - Biometrics Scheduled
01.11.19 - Biometrics Appointment
05.16.19 - Interview Scheduled
06.24.19 - Interview Appointment (Canceled)
08.09.19 - New Interview Appointment (Approved!)
09.27.19 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, MadMax101 said:

We didn't apply for N400.

Hmmm I am looking at Vermont Service Center mostly.. but maybe you will have some good news soon!

09/14/2015 - AOS Package Mailed (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131)

09/17/2015 - AOS delivered and signed for

09/28/2015 - NOA assigned by USCIS

10//01/2015 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

10/05/2015 - notification of I-485 RFE sent out

10/14/2015 - Biometrics Appointment for EAD/AOS

10/27/2015 - USCIS received RFE response, begins working on the case again

11/23/2015 - EAD/AP approved, new card is in production

11/23/2015 - I-485 case ready to be scheduled for an interview

12/02/2015 - EAD/AP card received

1/13/2016 - interview is scheduled on Feb 16th, 2016

2/16/2016 - interview canceled due to imminent weather

3/16/2016 - 2nd interview scheduled for Apr 20th, 2016

4/20/2016 - Green card approved.

1/26/2018 - Applied for Remove of Conditions

1/26/2019 - Applied for N-400

6/6/2019  -  Interview for N-400 scheduled on 7/11/2019

I mailed evidence back to USCIS on 5/13. Now just waiting for their update.. Not sure if they have already received my mail, I sent overnight express shows delivered next, hopefully they check their PO box everyday and hopefully I can get an update soon.

52 minutes ago, Pikachu Babe said:

I mailed evidence back to USCIS on 5/13. Now just waiting for their update.. Not sure if they have already received my mail, I sent overnight express shows delivered next, hopefully they check their PO box everyday and hopefully I can get an update soon.

You should hear from them at the end of the week. I sent my response via regular mail on a Wednesday and got a receipt email on the following Tuesday. I’ve heard that they scan all the documents they receive amongst other processes. Maybe after that they send the receipt response. 

2 hours ago, Boston19 said:

You should hear from them at the end of the week. I sent my response via regular mail on a Wednesday and got a receipt email on the following Tuesday. I’ve heard that they scan all the documents they receive amongst other processes. Maybe after that they send the receipt response. 

Did you track your mail?  How many days it took for them to send a receipt response after mail delivered?  

Anyone else still waiting that applied for i-751 in January 2018 and have a pending N400? 

We are still waiting. Hoping to hear something soon. My husband did an info-pass a couple months ago and they said everything's fine.

Other friends who have applied for N400 from our local office 3-4 months before us have received letters for interviews, so we're hoping to hear something in the coming months.

Expecting a baby in August though! So the baby will get citizenship first it looks like :D

Edited by edpa

AOS

1/14/2016 - Mailed I-485/130/131/765
1/15/2016 - USPS tracking confirmed delivery
1/21/2016 - Text message confirmations received
1/26/2016 - Physical mail receipts received for all 4
2/06/2016 - Biometric letter arrived for appt
2/19/2016 - Biometric appointment
2/29/2016 - Status updated on website: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"
3/08/2016 - Interview is scheduled for April 8
4/02/2016 - I-765 status set to: New Card is Being Produced; I-131 status set to: Case Was Approved
4/06/2016 - I765 Card was Mailed
4/08/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail; Greencard Interview same day,
4/11/2016 - Online update - I485/I130 are APPROVED!
4/13/2016 - Welcome Letter received in the mail; update online shows Greencard has been mailed

4/18/2016 - GREENCARD ARRIVED!!!

Removal of Conditions

1/10/2018 - Mailed I-751 Next Day Service

1/11/2018 - Arrived to PO Box in Laguna Niguel

1/11/2018 - NOA Notice Date

1/18/2018 - NOA(Extension Letter) physically received in mail

N-400 Application (While I-751 is still Pending)

1/14/2019 - Applied for N400 Online

1/15/2019 - Received notice of acceptance via email

1/19/2019 - Online notice received that biometrics was scheduled

2/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment schedule and completed this day

2/05/2019 - Update on website that biometrics received and no information needed at this time

6/24/2019 - Online Update that Interview is Scheduled

6/26/2019 - Document available online - Interview scheduled for 7/29/2019

7/29/2019 - Interview.... approved!

8/24/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.