TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,371 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, A.yasini said:

I know someone who got their visa 3 weeks after their second medical, however that was before covid so I m not sure if it’s the same timeframe now. 

Thanks! 😊

I totally forgot checking my visa status until recently. I signed in in the CEAC platform and the status said REFUSED. One of the worst days of my life so far...

They didn't give me any explanation, no notification, nothing. Just refused.

I don't know what to do know or what is causing the problem. What should I do?? Hopefully someone can give me some helpful insights here, I can't even describe how I'm feeling right now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Cashorino said:

I totally forgot checking my visa status until recently. I signed in in the CEAC platform and the status said REFUSED. One of the worst days of my life so far...

They didn't give me any explanation, no notification, nothing. Just refused.

I don't know what to do know or what is causing the problem. What should I do?? Hopefully someone can give me some helpful insights here, I can't even describe how I'm feeling right now

Everyone who has been in extended ap status changed to refused.  Just new verbiage for you visa is refused for administrative processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 9:10 AM, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Thanks for sharing. I have hired Jim as well he’s so instrumental in our journey and I am so happy I decided to go with him as well. He’s the best out there. My husband been in AP for one year and five months and due to our current pandemic I decided to go with Jim we now in the waiting phase June 20 will be out 60 days to hear back unless our time gets extended. I’m positive. May Allah swt makes it easy for us all on this journey and reunite us with our loved ones. Please be safe everyone and if anyone looking for a GREAT ATTORNEY call Jim Hacking. 

Good luck!! Hiring Jim was the best the decision I’ve ever made for my husband and I. Now we are happy and he is settling in the US great!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi! I wanted to post this in hope that it might give anyone else some hope with their case. I know reading about other people’s cases on this forum has helped me get through this time a little easier. I also think in a way it’s been humbling to know other people are going through the same issues.

My husbands case has been under AP since June 2018. A few days before the “2 year anniversary” on AP he got a call asking him to submit updates document like a new medical and was told he might be asked for a second interview but if so it won’t be anytime soon (since due to COVID everything’s closed).

his case has been updating every couple of days since he sent the documents (still says refused) but as much as it’s exciting to see the updates (our case never updated unless with an inquiry) it’s turning me into a nervous wreak! I’m nervous because I don’t know if any visas are being issued during this time because of COVID and I can’t find any information online, has anyone read anything about it?

On 6/23/2020 at 7:42 AM, Tory&Taz said:

Hi! I wanted to post this in hope that it might give anyone else some hope with their case. I know reading about other people’s cases on this forum has helped me get through this time a little easier. I also think in a way it’s been humbling to know other people are going through the same issues.

My husbands case has been under AP since June 2018. A few days before the “2 year anniversary” on AP he got a call asking him to submit updates document like a new medical and was told he might be asked for a second interview but if so it won’t be anytime soon (since due to COVID everything’s closed).

his case has been updating every couple of days since he sent the documents (still says refused) but as much as it’s exciting to see the updates (our case never updated unless with an inquiry) it’s turning me into a nervous wreak! I’m nervous because I don’t know if any visas are being issued during this time because of COVID and I can’t find any information online, has anyone read anything about it?

My husband also got called in for second medical and we are waiting for the visa (if they’re issuing them now that is) so we too are a Nervous wreck.... 😐

45 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

Anyone knows if it's ok to not know English when entering the us through Qatar airways on k1 visa??

Airports generally have language interpreters available.  I would think an immigrant’s experience in the United States with be much better with English language skills though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
21 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

My husband also got called in for second medical and we are waiting for the visa (if they’re issuing them now that is) so we too are a Nervous wreck.... 😐

Do you mind me asking how long you’ve been waiting and if he went in for a 2nd interview?

1 hour ago, Tory&Taz said:

Do you mind me asking how long you’ve been waiting and if he went in for a 2nd interview?

June 24 made exactly 3 years since my husband was put on AP. He wasn’t asked to go to second interview, only second medical.

today made exactly 5 weeks since he completed the medical 

10 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

June 24 made exactly 3 years since my husband was put on AP. He wasn’t asked to go to second interview, only second medical.

today made exactly 5 weeks since he completed the medical 

when i joined this forum back in feb 2018 you were older A.P fellows i was following your posts from then.InsAllah pretty soon you will be out of this A.Pease uncertain world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.