TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,372 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Can you please tell me in detail how did ur senator helped in expediting the process as my senator received almost the same email as we are receiving from the embassy on inquiring. ?

So that I can push my senator more than now to get any positive feedback for my case. Please share ur senator's experience in detail.

Although the Senators office can not expedite the case I have gotten more detailed responses from their office.  Especially last year when our case was returned they were extremely helpful in getting a response from the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tory&Taz said:

I don’t think involving the senator matters, I had my senator asked about my husbands case for almost a year and no movement with his case at all. They replied with the exact email they send me. I also had a bunch of issues to begin with and that’s why I involved the senator (no issues with my case but my name and address ended up on someone else’s paper work and I received someone else’s green card and social security number, no department wanted to claim responsibility till I contacted the ombudsman who helped with that issue but no assistance with my husbands case) . Almost 14 months in AP and no news. I had the senator stop asking about our case because I was done with seeing updates only to be disappointed.

Thats very unfortunate but ofcourse there’s been some few instances where senators enquiring did help in a way.

Anyway I hope your case gets solved as soon as possible.

11 hours ago, M.Hassan Khan said:

Can you please tell me in detail how did ur senator helped in expediting the process as my senator received almost the same email as we are receiving from the embassy on inquiring. ?

So that I can push my senator more than now to get any positive feedback for my case. Please share ur senator's experience in detail.

Security/background checks cannot be expedited.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello 

Unfortunately I'm joining you guys because I Interviewd last week and got a verbal approval Co took my passport everything looked good until emailed me a DS-5535 !

Timeline
4 hours ago, Aziz 33 said:

Hello 

Unfortunately I'm joining you guys because I Interviewd last week and got a verbal approval Co took my passport everything looked good until emailed me a DS-5535 !

Thats very unfortunate but all is not lost yet.

Just fill the forms and submit them as soon as you can and wait patiently on the embassy.

Goodluck.

1 hour ago, Zaczon said:

Just fill the forms and submit them as soon as you can and wait patiently on the embassy.

Goodluck.

1 hour ago, Zaczon said:

Goodluck.

Hello, I read almost every single page of this forum from part one. I am naturalized US Citizen and got married to a Moroccan girl but I am not from Morocco.  She went to her CR-1 Visa interview on February 1, 2018 to US Embassy in Casablanca.  Right after her interview she was given DS-5535 and requested her to send it back to the embassy.  We filled out the form and sent it back to the Embassy on the same day. We had few updates.  I used to send emails to the Embassy every other month. 

Early first week of July 2019 I received an email from Casablanca US Embassy saying that her review is complete and will notify you next steps.  Two days later we received another email asking her to come to the Embassy on July 31, 2019 again to retake the oath and bring new medical, police report, court report, and 2018 tax returns.   She submitted all the requested documents and she was given a letter saying that your visa is approved.  They kept her passport and ask her to pick up the passport within two weeks from Aramex.  I checked the status of her case on CEAC and shows as Issued.  18 months it was Administrative Processing.

I know it is very difficult for everyone keeping family apart.  For us too, it was very difficult since we have a two year old child.  Please try to be patient and have faith in Allah and InshaAllah everyone will get visa at the end and this nightmare will over InshaAllah.

34 minutes ago, here_7 said:

Hello, I read almost every single page of this forum from part one. I am naturalized US Citizen and got married to a Moroccan girl but I am not from Morocco.  She went to her CR-1 Visa interview on February 1, 2018 to US Embassy in Casablanca.  Right after her interview she was given DS-5535 and requested her to send it back to the embassy.  We filled out the form and sent it back to the Embassy on the same day. We had few updates.  I used to send emails to the Embassy every other month. 

Early first week of July 2019 I received an email from Casablanca US Embassy saying that her review is complete and will notify you next steps.  Two days later we received another email asking her to come to the Embassy on July 31, 2019 again to retake the oath and bring new medical, police report, court report, and 2018 tax returns.   She submitted all the requested documents and she was given a letter saying that your visa is approved.  They kept her passport and ask her to pick up the passport within two weeks from Aramex.  I checked the status of her case on CEAC and shows as Issued.  18 months it was Administrative Processing.

I know it is very difficult for everyone keeping family apart.  For us too, it was very difficult since we have a two year old child.  Please try to be patient and have faith in Allah and InshaAllah everyone will get visa at the end and this nightmare will over InshaAllah.

this is such a good news a relief and a big hope 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, here_7 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Im sure it will be of great help to those going through the waiting process.

All the best to everyone.

Timeline
5 hours ago, here_7 said:

Many many congratulations to you both. I am happy to hear that Casa is giving families the chance to be together. We have been waiting 24 months for that email/call. My husband is certain we need to hound them, but I don’t see that that has any positive affect at all. Inshallah we will be together very soon.  

DEAB

Timeline

It's been 4 months since interview and 3 months since submitted Questionnaire. CR1 isb pakistan us embassy. Anyone has any information on how much longer is it going to take? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Isaeed105 said:

It's been 4 months since interview and 3 months since submitted Questionnaire. CR1 isb pakistan us embassy. Anyone has any information on how much longer is it going to take? 

No idea how much longer....  We have been waiting almost 10 months since submitting the Questionnaire to Islamabad embassy.  Ive seen some get the visa in 2 months and some still waiting after 25 months.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.