Jump to content
Joyude

Do I qualify to expedite my case?

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, 

min new to this forum and immigration process in general, but I researched a lot on the topic of IR-1.

Hope I can get some clarification and help. 

Here is my situation.

Im a US citizen living abroad with my wife (Canadian) and a daughter (Canadian/American). I worked as a subcontractor  for 4 years for one company, in January I became an employee of it. Now this company is opening an office in States and wants to transfer me with 1-3(max)months notice. I understand that sponsorship for my wife through USCIS will take at least 12 months. 

 

Can i I apply through us consulate to expedite the case? Was anyone successful in that kind of scenario?   

There is no DCF available. 

 

Thank you in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Work is not grounds for expedite, some say even pregnancy is not. I know medical reasons is a valid reason for expedite, I don't know anything else. 

 

Sadly lots of partners and families have to be apart for periods of time while waiting for their applications to be approved. That's how it is. 

 


Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2018/12/21

I-130 sent: 2019/03/13

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/27

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/21

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/30

Case receive NVC: 2019/10/07

Case Number receive NVC: 2019/11/01

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/02

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/12/13

DQ: 2020/01/21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, you cannot apply through the US Consulate.  You can only apply through USCIS.  

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

 

Edited by gregcrs2

N-400

12/30/2019  Filed N-400 online

12/30/2019  NOA1

01/09/2020  Walk in biometric set up by IO at Ft. Myers to be done at ASC Ft. Myers.  Biometric completed.  Original Biometric was scheduled for  01/23/2020.  Estimated       Case Completion time 10 months (November 2020).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Work is not grounds for expedite, some say even pregnancy is not. I know medical reasons is a valid reason for expedite, I don't know anything else. 

 

Sadly lots of partners and families have to be apart for periods of time while waiting for their applications to be approved. That's how it is. 

 

I believe US Military are also allowed to expedite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well theoretically it may be possible but not within 1 to 3 months.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joyude said:

Hi guys, 

min new to this forum and immigration process in general, but I researched a lot on the topic of IR-1.

Hope I can get some clarification and help. 

Here is my situation.

Im a US citizen living abroad with my wife (Canadian) and a daughter (Canadian/American). I worked as a subcontractor  for 4 years for one company, in January I became an employee of it. Now this company is opening an office in States and wants to transfer me with 1-3(max)months notice. I understand that sponsorship for my wife through USCIS will take at least 12 months. 

 

Can i I apply through us consulate to expedite the case? Was anyone successful in that kind of scenario?   

There is no DCF available. 

 

Thank you in advance 

You can try to expedite through USCIS for severe financial loss.......but don't expect it to be fast.


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

I believe US Military are also allowed to expedite.

Not for merely being in the military, no.


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well theoretically it may be possible but not within 1 to 3 months.

Thank you for your replies. I emailed us consulate and here is their response:

You have reached the Immigrant Visa Unit at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. We process only U.S. Immigrant Visa applications that are pending at our office. According to our records we do not have a pending immigrant visa case for you at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

 

I-130 petitions are usually filed in the USA with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In a limited number of exceptional circumstances, USCIS may authorize the Department of State to adjudicate I-130 at a Consulate abroad only in certain emergency situations, including when:

                     A U.S. service member stationed overseas becomes aware of a new deployment or transfer with very little notice.

                     A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an urgent medical emergency that requires immediate travel.

                     A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an imminent threat to personal safety.

                     A beneficiary is within a few months of aging out of eligibility.

                     The petitioner and family have traveled for the immigrant visa interview, but the petitioner has naturalized and the family member(s) require a new, stand-alone petition.

                     The petitioner adopted a child and there is an imminent need to leave the country.

                     Short notice of position relocation: A U.S. Citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, who receives job relocation within the same company or subsidiary to the United States, or an offer of a new job in the United States with very little notice (employment letter is required).

 

 

what do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

How long have you been married? If over 2 years, then your can apply for IR for your wife and from the little I've seen on this forum, the process is faster than if you were newly married, but the process would still take months. 


Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2018/12/21

I-130 sent: 2019/03/13

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/27

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/21

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/30

Case receive NVC: 2019/10/07

Case Number receive NVC: 2019/11/01

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/02

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/12/13

DQ: 2020/01/21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If you were thinking of an expedite due to being separated from your child that won’t work.

 

i also lived overseas 5 years with my fiancé (now wife) and our child was 2.5 years old. I also tried to expedite a few different ways but to no avail. 

Edited by George & Roth

 


 


    AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif



 

 

 
 
 
 
 

        

Enter this signature for GIF heaven :goofy:

 

jDSUBz2.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juliet57 said:

How long have you been married? If over 2 years, then your can apply for IR for your wife and from the little I've seen on this forum, the process is faster than if you were newly married, but the process would still take months. 

Married for 5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, George & Roth said:

If you were thinking of an expedite due to being separated from your child that won’t work.

 

i also lived overseas 5 years with my wife and our child was 2.5 years old. I also tried to expedite a few different ways but to no avail. 

:( seems it’s hard to get approval for expediting cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Joyude said:

Thank you for your replies. I emailed us consulate and here is their response:

You have reached the Immigrant Visa Unit at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. We process only U.S. Immigrant Visa applications that are pending at our office. According to our records we do not have a pending immigrant visa case for you at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

 

I-130 petitions are usually filed in the USA with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In a limited number of exceptional circumstances, USCIS may authorize the Department of State to adjudicate I-130 at a Consulate abroad only in certain emergency situations, including when:

                     A U.S. service member stationed overseas becomes aware of a new deployment or transfer with very little notice.

                     A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an urgent medical emergency that requires immediate travel.

                     A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an imminent threat to personal safety.

                     A beneficiary is within a few months of aging out of eligibility.

                     The petitioner and family have traveled for the immigrant visa interview, but the petitioner has naturalized and the family member(s) require a new, stand-alone petition.

                     The petitioner adopted a child and there is an imminent need to leave the country.

                     Short notice of position relocation: A U.S. Citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, who receives job relocation within the same company or subsidiary to the United States, or an offer of a new job in the United States with very little notice (employment letter is required).

 

 

what do you guys think?

The last one, but 1 to 3 months is unrealistic.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...