andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hi everybody! papers sent on my side! :D  Fingers crossed! 

Welcome to the club! :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

We have our biometrics appointment tomorrow.  Planning on taking the NOAs copies and the letter for the appointment plus his SSN and passport.  Are we missing anything?  What else should we bring?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

We have our biometrics appointment tomorrow.  Planning on taking the NOAs copies and the letter for the appointment plus his SSN and passport.  Are we missing anything?  What else should we bring?

Marriage certificate just in case. I brought it but they only asked for my state ID which has my new name and the biometrics letter

Just now, andreaam said:

Marriage certificate just in case. I brought it but they only asked for my state ID which has my new name and the biometrics letter

Thanks!  Will bring that as well.  So, he does not have a state ID (I believe in Florida you need to be resident, etc. to be able to get that).  Would this be an issue?  Or should we try to get him one tomorrow before the appointment?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks!  Will bring that as well.  So, he does not have a state ID (I believe in Florida you need to be resident, etc. to be able to get that).  Would this be an issue?  Or should we try to get him one tomorrow before the appointment?

He can get his passport. That’s why I said to being the marriage certificate just in case.

I was able to get my state ID in NYC without a problem. It arrived in the mail 2 weeks after I apply for it. I even traveled to LA and Chicago by plane with it. No need to have my passport for traveling inside de country 

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

He can get his passport. That’s why I said to being the marriage certificate just in case.

I was able to get my state ID in NYC without a problem. It arrived in the mail 2 weeks after I apply for it. I even traveled to LA and Chicago by plane with it. No need to have my passport for traveling inside de country 

Thanks for your response.  In other states (mine included), the DMV has said to not risk asking for the ID, etc.  SO, we played it safe.  But, glad it worked out for you!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Done with biometrics!  Quick and easy!  Didn't even ask for marriage certificate or anything, just the letter and the passport as ID.  Woot!  Hoping the status changes by tomorrow and let the wait begin!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
4 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Done with biometrics!  Quick and easy!  Didn't even ask for marriage certificate or anything, just the letter and the passport as ID.  Woot!  Hoping the status changes by tomorrow and let the wait begin!

Good to hear!!! Do you check your status in https://www.uscis.gov/ page? in "Check case status" or did you create and account?

Another question that you might wonder or have info on... do you know if there's something we can do while we wait on the papers to be "legaly okey" to drive? I don't know if this depends on the state but it's my understanding that we need the residence in order to apply for a driver's license so i was wondering if there's something temporary that we could do. I have my driver's license from Argentina and with that I was able to rent a car but i don't think it will be good enough if the patrol or police stop me and ask me for me documents. 

Even if I get my temporary permission to work approved I will need a car to get to work so, this is starting to go around my head.

I will try to go to the service center this week and have some insight info on this. If anybody has any information about it it will be very much appreciated. :) 

20 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Good to hear!!! Do you check your status in https://www.uscis.gov/ page? in "Check case status" or did you create and account?

Another question that you might wonder or have info on... do you know if there's something we can do while we wait on the papers to be "legaly okey" to drive? I don't know if this depends on the state but it's my understanding that we need the residence in order to apply for a driver's license so i was wondering if there's something temporary that we could do. I have my driver's license from Argentina and with that I was able to rent a car but i don't think it will be good enough if the patrol or police stop me and ask me for me documents. 

Even if I get my temporary permission to work approved I will need a car to get to work so, this is starting to go around my head.

I will try to go to the service center this week and have some insight info on this. If anybody has any information about it it will be very much appreciated. :) 

I believe I will find out tomorrow if it is through the USCIS or the CEAC and will let you know.

It is my understanding you can’t drive in most states without GC. Some states allow a one year with some paperwork (I can’t recall which), so this is more on a state-by-state. However, I have read a lot of people at the DMV were advised to not risk the request or drive until the proper paperwork is done. So, it would be up to you and the state you are in.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Fla&Mark As a follow up, you do not use CEAC anymore because that is the website for visas only, AOS is no longer a visa, so all status updates will come through the USCIS website.

To ALL, update from us:

Got an e-mail at 4:02AM EST from USCIS indicating that the status has been changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".  This is less than 24 hours, since out biometrics was at 1PM EST yesterday (10/17/19).  Hooray!  Hoping everything continues to be smooth for us and all of you!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

15 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hey @Andrea + Gaston is everything okey on your side? any update?

Hi guys. No updates from us. We are STILL waiting on getting his divorce/marriage decree annotated. We have now experienced 5 paros (strikes) since our interview so everything keeps getting delayed. Everything is against us and it's been extremely frustrating. 

We are still hopeful to get him here before the new year but I don't know. If the visa is tied to the medical, we only have until February so I am getting worried.

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

2 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hi guys. No updates from us. We are STILL waiting on getting his divorce/marriage decree annotated. We have now experienced 5 paros (strikes) since our interview so everything keeps getting delayed. Everything is against us and it's been extremely frustrating. 

We are still hopeful to get him here before the new year but I don't know. If the visa is tied to the medical, we only have until February so I am getting worried.

Hoping things get resolved soon!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

I'm sorry to hear this. I know how frustraiting it can be. Keep as strong and positive as you can.. at the end of the road, is worth it.  

Let us know if we can help somehow, and don't worry, once that is over with, everything else happens very fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.