andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Javier Mera said:

Blows me away that they can lose such vital documentation.

Yes it really annoyed me. We spent so much time checking that everything was there and then someone lose it. I’m guessing it was lost because we had proof we sent it and because is the long form one they are asking for. 

I also read in May filers and June filers thread that this happened to a lot of people too. So it kind of calmed me down haha. 

I’m trying to be positive and think the status will change soon and we will hear something about EAD next month 

*crossing fingers*

3 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Yes it really annoyed me. We spent so much time checking that everything was there and then someone lose it. I’m guessing it was lost because we had proof we sent it and because is the long form one they are asking for. 

I also read in May filers and June filers thread that this happened to a lot of people too. So it kind of calmed me down haha. 

I’m trying to be positive and think the status will change soon and we will hear something about EAD next month 

*crossing fingers*

Cheers to you!  Let us all get good results!  So tempted to do a random annual family reunion for Argentinian filers! :D 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

I got confirmation from USPS that it got delivered yesterday (09/18/2019).  However, it says it got delivered to Chicago, IL.  Thoughts?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

I got confirmation from USPS that it got delivered yesterday (09/18/2019).  However, it says it got delivered to Chicago, IL.  Thoughts?

All cases are mailed to Chicago and then they transfer them to wherever they need to be. Most AOS cases go to National Benefit Center in Missouri. 

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

All cases are mailed to Chicago and then they transfer them to wherever they need to be. Most AOS cases go to National Benefit Center in Missouri. 

Thank you!  I am hoping to get the NOA1 within the next week.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hold tight. I got it after a week but Javier had to wait longer. I don’t remember if it was 3-4 weeks

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

For most people that I read it took about 1 week. But for some 2 weeks, and for me exactly 3 weeks. 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, Fe.Ta said:

Update:  For those of you that will be filing the AOS AFTER the October 15th, 2019.  Please read through this page as the I-864 seems to be more intrusive.  Although I did not review it, I read in another thread that the new one asks for credit card debt and credit score.  Just a nugget of knowledge if you need to start thinking about potential co-sponsors or whatever.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

Ugh 😫

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
On 9/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Right.  It is a number, so, as I said, even if they do issue a RFE, it would be easily fixed.  In comparison to what we have gone through (medical exams in USA on top of paperwork), re-submitting a number would be easy! :D 

Hi everybody!

As for medical exams I have my reservations because we've been trough this a couple of months ago and spent quite some money and time on it. For me, it makes no sense to do it all over again when it's something they already have (on top of that I'm not a big fan of needles, I admit). I think it's some of your personal situations as well that you don't have anything, not a paper of the medicals took in Argentina.

I went ahead and wrote an email to Argentina's embassy for clarification and to see if they could provide me some kind of proof that I already went trough those and that the results are on their side. They replied confirming that the medical exams are with USCIS and that mines have validation until December 11th (I took them on June 11th) and that I SHOULD be fine with I-693 and advised me to check with them IF i have to go trough them all over again or add something to the existing ones.

I'm preparing my papers so what I'm thinking of doing is to add a note with this email translated stating this information. I'm thinkig that maybe a call in advance to the USCIS could help me clarify this situation as well.

I read that some of you are leaving that info for RFE if any or the interview. Just wanted to add this little piece of info here. 

I will definatly add here if i have some other info regarding this. 

4 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

For most people that I read it took about 1 week. But for some 2 weeks, and for me exactly 3 weeks. 

Thank you! Patience! 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

1 hour ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hi everybody!

As for medical exams I have my reservations because we've been trough this a couple of months ago and spent quite some money and time on it. For me, it makes no sense to do it all over again when it's something they already have (on top of that I'm not a big fan of needles, I admit). I think it's some of your personal situations as well that you don't have anything, not a paper of the medicals took in Argentina.

I went ahead and wrote an email to Argentina's embassy for clarification and to see if they could provide me some kind of proof that I already went trough those and that the results are on their side. They replied confirming that the medical exams are with USCIS and that mines have validation until December 11th (I took them on June 11th) and that I SHOULD be fine with I-693 and advised me to check with them IF i have to go trough them all over again or add something to the existing ones.

I'm preparing my papers so what I'm thinking of doing is to add a note with this email translated stating this information. I'm thinkig that maybe a call in advance to the USCIS could help me clarify this situation as well.

I read that some of you are leaving that info for RFE if any or the interview. Just wanted to add this little piece of info here. 

Right. If your medical is good, and not missing anything, you are good to file AOS. Six months for POE and up to a year for AOS. @Javier Meraand I had issues because our spouses were missing vaccination records (whether it was the documentation was never given to them or they didn’t get vaccines under the assumption it was OK to get them here and it wasn’t). Thus, a whole new medical was needed. Also, please note, the embassy is good help, but they have no influence over USCIS. If USCIS says “we don’t have it”, no one can argue otherwise. For example, @andreaam submitted her birth certificate and translation, has proof, yet got RFE asking for it, so she just needs to do it. Thank you for sharing the information! 

Edited by Fe.Ta
Nana

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
20 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Hi everybody!

This subject will remain confusing to me until the day I can ask someone at USCIS how it really works. Do what you think it's best in your case because like others have mentioned in other threads, worst case scenario you get an RFE and you just go get it and send it over and move on with the application.

To me the confusion is that while the medical is suppose to be valid for 6 months or a year in argentina, there are some tests/shots that are only valid for the period of 30 days. So yes it is valid in the timeline for the embassy interview for the K1, but of course is not going to be valid for the AOS because more than 30 days have passed. That's basically why my wife had to do it again, on top of not having proof of the other tests like @Fe.Ta mentioned.

So again at your own risk you might just have to comply with an easy to fix RFE.

5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

This subject will remain confusing to me until the day I can ask someone at USCIS how it really works. Do what you think it's best in your case because like others have mentioned in other threads, worst case scenario you get an RFE and you just go get it and send it over and move on with the application.

To me the confusion is that while the medical is suppose to be valid for 6 months or a year in argentina, there are some tests/shots that are only valid for the period of 30 days. So yes it is valid in the timeline for the embassy interview for the K1, but of course is not going to be valid for the AOS because more than 30 days have passed. That's basically why my wife had to do it again, on top of not having proof of the other tests like @Fe.Ta mentioned.

So again at your own risk you might just have to comply with an easy to fix RFE.

Yes, the MMR is the one with 30 days and its confusion. Lol

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

I believe you can get what's called a "blanket waiver" for anything marked with a letter in the column on the right. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-c-chapter-3 This means you don't need to re-do them, they are waived based on which letter the doctor marked them as long as you file within a year of exam date. For us, the MMR is specifically marked B "insufficient time interval".

We plan to submit the DS-3025, NOT I-693 (2nd medical exam), as proof of vaccinations because:

• He had all required vaccinations for his age (MMR, TD/Tdap, Varicella, Influenza)
  • Every single vaccination on the sheet is marked with a date and/or letter.
  • Our sheet is marked complete "K1 applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"

Maybe our situation is different but I share @Fla&Mark's view of not understanding why you need to do it again if the I-693 instructions say you should be okay to submit the overseas DS-3025 with the above criteria met. I guess we'll see if we get an RFE😐

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

8 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

I believe you can get what's called a "blanket waiver" for anything marked with a letter in the column on the right. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-c-chapter-3 This means you don't need to re-do them, they are waived based on which letter the doctor marked them as long as you file within a year of exam date. For us, the MMR is specifically marked B "insufficient time interval".

We plan to submit the DS-3025, NOT I-693 (2nd medical exam), as proof of vaccinations because:

• He had all required vaccinations for his age (MMR, TD/Tdap, Varicella, Influenza)
  • Every single vaccination on the sheet is marked with a date and/or letter.
  • Our sheet is marked complete "K1 applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"

Maybe our situation is different but I share @Fla&Mark's view of not understanding why you need to do it again if the I-693 instructions say you should be okay to submit the overseas DS-3025 with the above criteria met. I guess we'll see if we get an RFE😐

Please note, @Javier Mera and I had different situations than you and @Fla&Mark.  We were just sharing our experiences so you know possible scenarios or for others that come searching for a thread can find some useful information of several possibilities or events that could happen (and have happened) to Argentinians.  As stated above, from instructions, it is good for 6 months at the POE and a year for AOS.  But, with USCIS, you never know.  There are people that at the POE never get any documentation back, so they are required to do another medical because the proof is not in their hands.  Likewise, we are all trying to be as thorough as we can before submitting, but we are not exempt from RFEs in doing so.  You can only plan so much ahead to have everything you need, but at the end of the day we have no control of what that officer is going to interpret or ask for at any given moment.  If I have learned anything (since I wanted to make sure everything was perfect to avoid RFEs), is that I can only do so much and just hope everything turns out OK.  If I DO get any RFEs, I just hope and pray it is simple and something easily solvable.  We all want to be able to be with our loved ones or have them be able to work, feel independent, etc., but patience is key at any step of the process until they become citizens.  Then, in marriage in general, patience will still be key in just getting through life.  Believe me, I get the jitters, the nervousness, etc. (I have them myself).  But, that's the whole point why we are here for one another and there are resources to fix most of these RFEs anyways.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.