andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 hours ago, Alemnai said:

Hello!

My fiance from Argentina arrived in the US in early August and we married in late September, within the 90 days. His I-94 expires on friday, November 1st.

I haven't been able to send out his AOS yet but I will be able to on November 1st, the I-94 expiration listed above.

Is that already too late?

You can send the AOS packet whenever you want in the process. No mather if I-94 or visa are expired. 
a lot of people take their time to do this step because it can be a little expensive. Specially after celebrating a wedding.

So no worries about time, just make sure you have everything from the checklist 

3 hours ago, andreaam said:

You can send the AOS packet whenever you want in the process. No mather if I-94 or visa are expired. 
a lot of people take their time to do this step because it can be a little expensive. Specially after celebrating a wedding.

So no worries about time, just make sure you have everything from the checklist 

Really? I didn't know that a lot of people wait to do the AOS.

But wouldn't he be here unlawfully by Friday, Nov 1st if that's when the I-94 expires? Or does it still count as the 90 days?

Thanks!

Timeline
20 hours ago, Alemnai said:

Really? I didn't know that a lot of people wait to do the AOS.

But wouldn't he be here unlawfully by Friday, Nov 1st if that's when the I-94 expires? Or does it still count as the 90 days?

Thanks!

Imagine people come here with kids. Every AOS costs 1200 dollars. If you have 2 kids you have to pay 3600. Not everyone have that money saved. Specially after helping the fiancé moving and everything. So that’s why people need to wait to save money. 
You can go to the USCIS website if you want to be sure with everything I’m saying. 
Here is a link that says that you can file with a expired visa if you came with a K1 and married after 90 days
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

No updates yet from anyone?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

Nope. Still didn’t received an answer for my RFE. So I’ll have to make an inquiry next week. It will mean that my case was out on hold for 2 months. For something that wasn’t even my fault. 
in the meantime I joined a runners club which I’m loving and helps me a lot with my mental stability haha

Timeline

Does anyone here know if the International Drivers License can be done online? I've googled some of them but I'm not sure if they are legit or not lol.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
On 11/6/2019 at 12:00 PM, Fe.Ta said:

No updates yet from anyone?

Biometrics done on Thursday. Super fast. 

This week or the next one I will apply for my driver's license. They told me at the office that with the NOA for AOS i would be able to get a temporary six month driver's license until i get my EAD approved (1 year after then). 

Will keep you guys posted on how's that process in case somebody is interested. 

Edited by Fla&Mark

2 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

Does anyone here know if the International Drivers License can be done online? I've googled some of them but I'm not sure if they are legit or not lol.

I haven't even heard of that. LOL!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Biometrics done on Thursday. Super fast. 

This week or the next one I will apply for my driver's license. They told me at the office that with the NOA for AOS i would be able to get a temporary six month driver's license until i get my EAD approved (1 year after then). 

Will keep you guys posted on how's that process in case somebody is interested. 

Nice! I think we are going to try to go this week and explain them that we have the NOA1 and we are waiting for her EAD and GC. Here in oklahoma she can drive with her local DL but it's expiring next month. Wish we could find a way to do the international driver license here in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alemnai said:

Hey all, so we sent out my husband's AOS application along with the EAD on Nov 1st, it got to the dropbox in Chicago and was picked up on Nov 4th but we haven't gotten a text or email yet of them having received it or processing it.

Should we be worried?

It takes time. For me it was a week. But for other a month. Is normal waiting. Get use to it because there’s a lot of that from now on. 

8 hours ago, andreaam said:

It takes time. For me it was a week. But for other a month. Is normal waiting. Get use to it because there’s a lot of that from now on. 

Ahh gotcha, thanks for the reassurance!

Also completely random question but, what would technically be the filing date of our case? Like the day we sent out the whole application to Chicago via USPS which was Nov 1st? Or is it the day they recieved the case which was Nov 4th?

7 hours ago, Alemnai said:

Ahh gotcha, thanks for the reassurance!

Also completely random question but, what would technically be the filing date of our case? Like the day we sent out the whole application to Chicago via USPS which was Nov 1st? Or is it the day they recieved the case which was Nov 4th?

I believe the filing date is the date that it was received at the lockbox or wherever it was received.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Hey all!

Any updates?  Ours still nothing. :(  Just hoping we don't get any RFEs.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.