andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hi guys. No updates from us. We are STILL waiting on getting his divorce/marriage decree annotated. We have now experienced 5 paros (strikes) since our interview so everything keeps getting delayed. Everything is against us and it's been extremely frustrating. 

We are still hopeful to get him here before the new year but I don't know. If the visa is tied to the medical, we only have until February so I am getting worried.

Hoping the best for you guys! Don't lose the energy! Everything will be sort out soon

Timeline
10 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Fla&Mark As a follow up, you do not use CEAC anymore because that is the website for visas only, AOS is no longer a visa, so all status updates will come through the USCIS website.

To ALL, update from us:

Got an e-mail at 4:02AM EST from USCIS indicating that the status has been changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".  This is less than 24 hours, since out biometrics was at 1PM EST yesterday (10/17/19).  Hooray!  Hoping everything continues to be smooth for us and all of you!

Ours updated pretty quick too to that status. It's been 6 weeks since our biometrics and still the same status "Fingerprint Review Was Completed". Maybe you get into the pool of those lucky applicants where their interviews were scheduled within 4-6 weeks from their biometrics. At this point I'm not going to worry until December if we don't hear anything at that time.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
7 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hi guys. No updates from us. We are STILL waiting on getting his divorce/marriage decree annotated. We have now experienced 5 paros (strikes) since our interview so everything keeps getting delayed. Everything is against us and it's been extremely frustrating. 

We are still hopeful to get him here before the new year but I don't know. If the visa is tied to the medical, we only have until February so I am getting worried.

Sorry to hear this. I'd probably be flipping out in your situation and battling with a few ulcers. I hope you guys can get this resolved.

1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

Ours updated pretty quick too to that status. It's been 6 weeks since our biometrics and still the same status "Fingerprint Review Was Completed". Maybe you get into the pool of those lucky applicants where their interviews were scheduled within 4-6 weeks from their biometrics. At this point I'm not going to worry until December if we don't hear anything at that time.

Yeah, at this point I am not expecting something too quickly. Our office takes 12-24 months, unless we get lucky. Just hope Ap and EAD is sooner than the Feb 2020 estimate.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
2 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

It makes me so ansious seeing all the people getting the interviews. But then I realized that those are maybe the 5% os the cases. The rest of us have to wait a year at least for GC interview. 
hopefully we will get news about EAD soon! 

1 minute ago, andreaam said:

It makes me so ansious seeing all the people getting the interviews. But then I realized that those are maybe the 5% os the cases. The rest of us have to wait a year at least for GC interview. 
hopefully we will get news about EAD soon! 

I agree. We just hope we get AP and EAD soon (hopefully before the end of the year) so we can continue to build our life together. He is so ready to work!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Our EAD also changed status last night at 1AM EST.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
16 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

I agree. We just hope we get AP and EAD soon (hopefully before the end of the year) so we can continue to build our life together. He is so ready to work!

Yes me too! I graduated from college and came here. So basically I’m ready for the ‘work world’ haha

Random question: Will coloring your hair or changing hairstyle affect AOS after biometrics? We are both considering going platinum, but wouldn’t want that to affect us. Obviously, we would change it back to our dark colors before the interview.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Random question: Will coloring your hair or changing hairstyle affect AOS after biometrics? We are both considering going platinum, but wouldn’t want that to affect us. Obviously, we would change it back to our dark colors before the interview.

That’s a good question. No idea!

My common sense says it shouldn’t be a problem. You are free to do whatever you want. It would be crazy if besides of not being allowed to work or travel outside the country you can’t either cut/dye your hair 😂

Timeline
On 10/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Fe.Ta said:

I wouldn't change the hair color after biometrics have been done. It wouldn't have been an issue if it was done before and then the biometrics would have information about your "new hair color". I think it's a risk that nobody has an answer to and I wouldn't take it honestly. In the end the officer you get the day of the interview has the saying if your spouse gets a green card or not. And you never know if you interview on a bad day for them.

Edited by Javier Mera

On 10/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, Javier Mera said:

I wouldn't change the hair color after biometrics have been done. It wouldn't have been an issue if it was done before and then the biometrics would have information about your "new hair color". I think it's a risk that nobody has an answer to and I wouldn't take it honestly. In the end the officer you get the day of the interview has the saying if your spouse gets a green card or not. And you never know if you interview on a bad day for them.

Thanks. We aren’t planning on attending the interview with it. We just didn’t know If we could do it while we wait, which now I think we can. As I said, we aren’t planning on keeping it. From our research, you just need to make sure to keep your natural (biometrics) for interview and once all docs are issued so you DO match the pictures, etc.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

As a reminder, don't forget to use this link to excuse yourself and avoid the penalty:

https://infractores.padron.gov.ar/

Unfortunately, we got penalized for the August one, but were able to complete it for Sunday's voting.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.