hellschild31

Administrative Procedure after interview in Kabul Embassy

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Government agencies typically do not have a very good customer service culture, that's the way it is.  It's a big bureaucratic mess.  They post estimated processing times on their websites but those are not always accurate, depending on the country of origin these times can change a lot.  And embassies/consulates usually do not post much information about visa processing times, except for saying things like "do not quit your job or make travel plans or buy plane tickets until you have the visa in hand."  Anything can happen and no visa is guaranteed.  There are lots of potential delays and even denials for various reasons.  I think that's why forums like Visa Journey were formed, to fill this need for information sharing, so that people going through this very long, frustrating, and complicated journey can exchange experiences and help each other to know more about what to expect.  Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find useful information here and lots of support.  Good luck!

Nicely said about beurocratic mess! People pay great amounts of money to do this and when some issue has been prevelant trend at a consulate like this issue. There should at least  be a short paragraph warning stating its a issue. I don't like flying blind with no warning at all. Really makes a person feel like a mushroom placed in the dark and fed manor. 13 couples in a row for a year and a half placed in AP at the Kabul Embassy is definitely a issue. I looked for the topic on this AP issue on the USCIS website and nothing can be found. Really not acceptable!!! Thanks for this website it's the only placed explained and mentioned. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Government agencies typically do not have a very good customer service culture, that's the way it is.  It's a big bureaucratic mess.  They post estimated processing times on their websites but those are not always accurate, depending on the country of origin these times can change a lot.  And embassies/consulates usually do not post much information about visa processing times, except for saying things like "do not quit your job or make travel plans or buy plane tickets until you have the visa in hand."  Anything can happen and no visa is guaranteed.  There are lots of potential delays and even denials for various reasons.  I think that's why forums like Visa Journey were formed, to fill this need for information sharing, so that people going through this very long, frustrating, and complicated journey can exchange experiences and help each other to know more about what to expect.  Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find useful information here and lots of support.  Good luck!

Well said about poor customer service and bureaucratic mess.

8 hours ago, hellschild31 said:

Nicely said about beurocratic mess! People pay great amounts of money to do this and when some issue has been prevelant trend at a consulate like this issue. There should at least  be a short paragraph warning stating its a issue. I don't like flying blind with no warning at all. Really makes a person feel like a mushroom placed in the dark and fed manor. 13 couples in a row for a year and a half placed in AP at the Kabul Embassy is definitely a issue. I looked for the topic on this AP issue on the USCIS website and nothing can be found. Really not acceptable!!! Thanks for this website it's the only placed explained and mentioned. 

AP has nothing to do with the USCIS as another poster has mentioned. It is a function of the State Department approval of visas. Everyone at every embassy goes through some sort of AP. Some very short. Some very long. I do agree with you that the whole process...from filing with the USCIS all the way through delivery of the visa is the most frustrating and least transparent process that I have been through.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Afghanistan of all places, and you would not think there might be complicating issues, amazing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Afghanistan of all places, and you would not think there might be complicating issues, amazing.

There seems to be complicated issues in all the visa procedure from start to end with lack of proper explanation. How people think the US Embassy in Kabul is a separate establishment not governed by US regulations and procedures amazes me. They are being payed by US citizens not Afghanistan citizens. 

Timeline

Consulates are governed by US regulations. If you are looking at Immigration then the fees are supposed to pay for services, I doubt this is the case in Afghanistan, the security costs alone would make that untenable. So there must be some cross subsidies.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

you dont get special treatment if you complain. AP happens with EVERYONE at every embassy.

At the end of your immigrant visa interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application on ceac.state.gov.

If your visa has been denied, you may find useful information on Ineligibilities and Waivers on usvisas.state.gov.

this is directly from https://af.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/case-status/

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
4 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

you dont get special treatment if you complain. AP happens with EVERYONE at every embassy.

At the end of your immigrant visa interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application on ceac.state.gov.

If your visa has been denied, you may find useful information on Ineligibilities and Waivers on usvisas.state.gov.

this is directly from https://af.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/case-status/

No it does not happen that everyone is stuck in AP for months to years at every Embassy. Please do read the post about 13 people in a row being placed into AP. Some of them waited just weeks (just 2 of them). The rest been  waiting for months to almost 2 years. One couple who is at 18 months now is still waiting. If this is happening where 80 percent are stuck waiting over a year then people should be informed about it. In my opinion they should be informed before paying all the NVC fees, medical fees and when the recipient is sent the packet. It is not complaining its called human decency to inform two people in love they might want to consider other options. Spending lots of money on fees where 80 percent are not sure they going to get a visa some day is not morally acceptable. It is darn right cruel and unacceptable to not be informed.

18 minutes ago, hellschild31 said:

No it does not happen that everyone is stuck in AP for months to years at every Embassy. Please do read the post about 13 people in a row being placed into AP. Some of them waited just weeks (just 2 of them). The rest been  waiting for months to almost 2 years. One couple who is at 18 months now is still waiting. If this is happening where 80 percent are stuck waiting over a year then people should be informed about it. In my opinion they should be informed before paying all the NVC fees, medical fees and when the recipient is sent the packet. It is not complaining its called human decency to inform two people in love they might want to consider other options. Spending lots of money on fees where 80 percent are not sure they going to get a visa some day is not morally acceptable. It is darn right cruel and unacceptable to not be informed.

learn to read better. i never, not once said everyone gets stuck for months or years. you should also read the link i posted, and really learn not to put words into people's mouths. i even highlighted the important parts for you. stop being obtuse and argumentative.

your complaining will get you exactly nowhere. you do not deserve special treatment.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
16 hours ago, hellschild31 said:

I am not asking for special treatment I am speaking for all the couples rights to be informed. At this point a US prisoner is being informed of his prison sentence. Then why do we as law abiding citizens not have the right to be properly informed. No I will continue to complain as well as everyone should do until something is done to improve how people are informed by the US Embassies and USCIS. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

learn to read better. i never, not once said everyone gets stuck for months or years. you should also read the link i posted, and really learn not to put words into people's mouths. i even highlighted the important parts for you. stop being obtuse and argumentative.

your complaining will get you exactly nowhere. you do not deserve special treatment.

Complaining as you call it is a constitutional right to do as an American Citizen. I like to call it my right to voice my thoughts on unfair practices and treatment. At this moment as your reading my post a prisoner is being handed his sentence in a court system. The prisoner has the right to know the charges and length of his prison term. He/she even has rights while sitting in his prison cell for proper medical treatment and so on. I find it really odd that you find it wrong or complaining to be informed of the issue of unreasonably long AP incidences happening at the Kabul Embassy. People have the right to be informed or warned of these issues ahead of time to give them the right to choices and to plan alternatives. USCIS and US Embassies are not above the law to inform US Citizens of certain important need to know information. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
50 minutes ago, hellschild31 said:

I am not asking for special treatment I am speaking for all the couples rights to be informed. At this point a US prisoner is being informed of his prison sentence. Then why do we as law abiding citizens not have the right to be properly informed. No I will continue to complain as well as everyone should do until something is done to improve how people are informed by the US Embassies and USCIS. 

That is an excellent project for you while your case is in AP, perhaps more meaningful than preaching/brow-beating to us folks who are already behind you in the choir. 

You are right the immigration system is broken and is need of severe overhaul. Since USCIS, DHS, and DOS are departments/agencies under the purview of the executive branch of our Federal government, your missive is best directed at our country's chief Federal executive, the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC.

A good place to start your improvement project may be to become acquainted with their "Bible," The USCIS Policy Manual, https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual . When you get through with that one, there is likely another similarly brief tome for the DOS. You can likely find it through a simple Google search.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Nothing much a President can do, has to start in Congress I am sure the current Incumbent would love to do wholesale changes, now they can fudge around with a few things but that is about it. So probably best to start with your representatives.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Nothing much a President can do, has to start in Congress I am sure the current Incumbent would love to do wholesale changes, now they can fudge around with a few things but that is about it. So probably best to start with your representatives.

Good point, Boiler, I may have mistakenly thought that the author of this thread wanted a venue to vent his obvious frustration about the treatment provided by several departments and agencies of the executive branch of the federal government.  American citizens have to start with your state's elected Federal members of Congress and Senate, to get laws changed. Get their support to introduce legislation to comprehensively overhaul the immigration system. A good place to start is likely to brush up on the pertinent sections of The  Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, AKA The MaCarran-Walter Act (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STATUTE-66/pdf/STATUTE-66-Pg163.pdf).

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

Good point, Boiler, I may have mistakenly thought that the author of this thread wanted a venue to vent his obvious frustration about the treatment provided by several departments and agencies of the executive branch of the federal government.  American citizens have to start with your state's elected Federal members of Congress and Senate, to get laws changed. Get their support to introduce legislation to comprehensively overhaul the immigration system. A good place to start is likely to brush up on the The  Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, AKA The MaCarran-Walter Act (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STATUTE-66/pdf/STATUTE-66-Pg163.pdf).

Your right Pitaya we as citizens collectively have to join forces and start reading up on laws and procedures. I like how this thread is going now. I think to make this work it takes more then one US citizen to change things. It takes all of us US citizens to start rallying, voicing our opinions, and en-powering ourselves with knowledge on our rights to change things. If people been watching whats happening in Algeria we can see that process happening right now. Thanks Pitaya for your informative information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.