hellschild31

Administrative Procedure after interview in Kabul Embassy

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think it takes more then one of us to change things there has to be a committee of us joined together to rally and in a civil way present ideas. To take the time to read the laws and that USCIS "bible" to see what we can do to change things. Social media is a great platform for many to voice ideas and to bounce around what we know and have learned . I like to see a change happen because the system they have in place is broken.

Edited by hellschild31

15 minutes ago, hellschild31 said:

I think it takes more then one of us to change things there has to be a committee of us joined together to rally and in a civil way present ideas. To take the time to read the laws and that USCIS "bible" to see what we can do to change things. Social media is a great platform for many to voice ideas and to bounce around what we know and have learned . I like to see a change happen because the system they have in place is broken.

How is it broken?

My opinion is that it isn't broken. They promised you one thing and that is an answer to your filing of the I-129f application. Everyone gets an answer. But what I discovered is that the answer is on USCIS's timetable and NOT the applicant. So how is that broken? To be broken they would have had to tell you that you would receive an answer on such and such date. But they never promised you that. So again, how is this broken?

What's broken is your high expectations and when they are not met, you're let down and now you need to find fault to explain away your misery. Just my opinion of the process and how the applicants respond to not getting what they expect when they expect it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

How is it broken?

My opinion is that it isn't broken. They promised you one thing and that is an answer to your filing of the I-129f application. Everyone gets an answer. But what I discovered is that the answer is on USCIS's timetable and NOT the applicant. So how is that broken? To be broken they would have had to tell you that you would receive an answer on such and such date. But they never promised you that. So again, how is this broken?

What's broken is your high expectations and when they are not met, you're let down and now you need to find fault to explain away your misery. Just my opinion of the process and how the applicants respond to not getting what they expect when they expect it.

The system is broken because it lacks obvious communication break down. If you most come to this site to find out that All visa recipients are being put in AP after the interview process at the Kabul Embassy. Then there is a obvious lack of communication at some level in their infrastructure/communication system. I am not the only one who finds this disturbing. They have put everyone on this AP process at the Kabul Embassy for some nearing two years now. Yet no where on there site or letter sent before spending money on filing out a K1 application or before paying your NVC fees, or when the packet is sent to the recipient abroad was a informative notice sent by either letter or on the website. There was plenty of opportunities for USCIS and the US Kabul Embassy to inform people on AP ahead of time. This is where the system is wrong. If you go get your new car serviced at the dealership and lets say their car hoists are broken. They are obligated to say sorry we are having issues with our hoists lifts. You can wait 2 years or go else wheres. It takes minimal effort to send a letter to people or post a short paragraph warning on their website. I AM NOT ASKING FOR THEM TO BUILD A SPACESHIP! If the system is working so why are you here in the first place? Can I ask the reason you need to be here if the system is working flawlessly. My good guess is this you came here because you could not find answers on their highly effective communication customer service platform by either their website or by mail.

Edited by hellschild31

3 hours ago, hellschild31 said:

I am not asking for special treatment I am speaking for all the couples rights to be informed. At this point a US prisoner is being informed of his prison sentence. Then why do we as law abiding citizens not have the right to be properly informed. No I will continue to complain as well as everyone should do until something is done to improve how people are informed by the US Embassies and USCIS. 

you are really going to go there? comparing administrative processing to being in prison? seriously?

and no, you are complaining because you want a real change, you simply want special treatment, it has nothing to do with anyone else, no matter how you want to portray it as a holy crusade. if this was not happening to you, you would not give 2 hoots about it happening to anyone else (of which there are plenty of people who have waited much much longer than you have) at best you are disingenuous about your intentions, at worst, you are not capable of simple reading comprehension

1 minute ago, hellschild31 said:

The system is broken because it lacks obvious communication break down. If you most come to this site to find out that All visa recipients are being put in AP after the interview process at the Kabul Embassy..

i already posted a direct quote and link from the Kabul embassy. its on you if you refuse this information because you want to keep yammering about prisoners and how unfair it is and only you are so oppressed etc....

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

you are really going to go there? comparing administrative processing to being in prison? seriously?

and no, you are complaining because you want a real change, you simply want special treatment, it has nothing to do with anyone else, no matter how you want to portray it as a holy crusade. if this was not happening to you, you would not give 2 hoots about it happening to anyone else (of which there are plenty of people who have waited much much longer than you have) at best you are disingenuous about your intentions, at worst, you are not capable of simple reading comprehension

i already posted a direct quote and link from the Kabul embassy. its on you if you refuse this information because you want to keep yammering about prisoners and how unfair it is and only you are so oppressed etc....

At the end of your immigrant visa interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application on ceac.state.gov. This is what you talking about. Yes correct but says some not all but some. They also forgot to say this little bit. All recipients are being placed on AP and it can take a few days to years depending on each case. Currently there are recipients waiting past a year. Now that be more accurate and less illusive on what is happening currently. All recipients are being placed on it not some.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, hellschild31 said:

At the end of your immigrant visa interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application on ceac.state.gov. This is what you talking about. Yes correct but says some not all but some. They also forgot to say this little bit. All recipients are being placed on AP and it can take a few days to years depending on each case. Currently there are recipients waiting past a year. Now that be more accurate and less illusive on what is happening currently. All recipients are being placed on it not some.

Furthermore I am not insulting or degrading you, learn to be more polite and eloquent in your responses to people. Bringing up bible crusades and that I am not capable of reading comprehension is teenage/middle school ways to talk to people. Furthermore I had no idea it was happening to everyone at the Kabul Embassy had it not been for this site.  Since I did read their little announcement saying some when in fact its far off the mark in describing it.

Edited by hellschild31

Just a thought, but maybe if the process is not happening as rapidly as you would like, the USC could move to Afghanistan?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Just a thought, but maybe if the process is not happening as rapidly as you would like, the USC could move to Afghanistan?

This is why US is going down the tubes, because people now a days find time for social media insulting versus trying to find solutions for changing things. I am 50 years old maybe some means all these days. Please inform me if the English language has changed on the definition of some versus all. Maybe my reading comprehension has slipped to the level of social media society of today.

1 minute ago, hellschild31 said:

This is why US is going down the tubes, because people now a days find time for social media insulting versus trying to find solutions for changing things. I am 50 years old maybe some means all these days. Please inform me if the English language has changed on the definition of some versus all. Maybe my reading comprehension has slipped to the level of social media society of today.

How in the world was my question insulting???  It was a legitimate question.  If our visa had been denied, I would have moved to New Zealand to be with my husband.

And perhaps you are correct in that it is a reading comprehension issue, as I didn't refer to anything about "all vs some."

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

How in the world was my question insulting???  It was a legitimate question.  If our visa had been denied, I would have moved to New Zealand to be with my husband.

And perhaps you are correct in that it is a reading comprehension issue, as I didn't refer to anything about "all vs some."

Perhaps you need to full the whole thread to know what that is all about.

Just now, hellschild31 said:

Perhaps you need to full the whole thread to know what that is all about.

I have read the whole thread.  You quoted me and referred to something someone else said, not me.  

1 hour ago, hellschild31 said:

Furthermore I am not insulting or degrading you, learn to be more polite and eloquent in your responses to people. Bringing up bible crusades and that I am not capable of reading comprehension is teenage/middle school ways to talk to people. Furthermore I had no idea it was happening to everyone at the Kabul Embassy had it not been for this site.  Since I did read their little announcement saying some when in fact its far off the mark in describing it.

i dont need lessons from you. maybe if you were more reasoned in your approach you would have been met with it in kind. you should learn not to use hyperbole because that to me invalidates any point you would be making.

I am very blunt, and no, i do not apologize for it. I do not have time for fake niceties.

in case you are wondering, we had to do administrative processing after the interview and it was a little longer than expected, but you would not have known it because we just sucked it up and waited for it to sort out instead of posting about it trying to rally people to how unjust it was.....

at any rate, i am glad you finally took the time to read. grats. now go back and reread the post right after your first post way back on page 1. it is the best advice anyone will give you.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

i dont need lessons from you. maybe if you were more reasoned in your approach you would have been met with it in kind. you should learn not to use hyperbole because that to me invalidates any point you would be making.

I am very blunt, and no, i do not apologize for it. I do not have time for fake niceties.

in case you are wondering, we had to do administrative processing after the interview and it was a little longer than expected, but you would not have known it because we just sucked it up and waited for it to sort out instead of posting about it trying to rally people to how unjust it was.....

at any rate, i am glad you finally took the time to read. grats. now go back and reread the post right after your first post way back on page 1. it is the best advice anyone will give you.

Thanks for your wonderful sympathy and support. I do like blunt factual statements also. I hate statements of half truths. Had I known about this months back that it be years or months placed on AP. I had chosen to move to his country to be with him. That is what I am angry about the fact nobody is given accurate up to date information. We have wasted months waiting and money also. I rather go to Afghanistan face bombs and terrorism to be with my fiance then spend unknown number of days wondering how long on AP.  The truth being I not have filled out that K1 visa application had that statement on that Kabul US Embassy been blunt and accurate information. I had found other alternatives to be with him.

43 minutes ago, hellschild31 said:

Thanks for your wonderful sympathy and support. I do like blunt factual statements also. I hate statements of half truths. Had I known about this months back that it be years or months placed on AP. I had chosen to move to his country to be with him. That is what I am angry about the fact nobody is given accurate up to date information. We have wasted months waiting and money also. I rather go to Afghanistan face bombs and terrorism to be with my fiance then spend unknown number of days wondering how long on AP.  The truth being I not have filled out that K1 visa application had that statement on that Kabul US Embassy been blunt and accurate information. I had found other alternatives to be with him.

Its certainly not too late.  Why not move there now?

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.