Finnsickle

Please help, K-1 clueless and heavily pregnant

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi everyone. 

Here's one lost soul seeking for guidance on where to start and what to do with the K-1 Visa. My biggest fail in life is the total incompetence of understanding any paperwork :P

Our original plan was to get married in Finland. My husband to be is American. But sadly that plan fell through and he is unable to fly out to Finland for unknown period of time, I'm 6 months pregnant and we would reunite as a family as soon as possible. 

So if anyone is kind enough to tell me how to get started with the process and how to proceed with things, I'm more than grateful and appreciative. 

- Finnsickle 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Finnsickle said:

Hi everyone. 

Here's one lost soul seeking for guidance on where to start and what to do with the K-1 Visa. My biggest fail in life is the total incompetence of understanding any paperwork :P

Our original plan was to get married in Finland. My husband to be is American. But sadly that plan fell through and he is unable to fly out to Finland for unknown period of time, I'm 6 months pregnant and we would reunite as a family as soon as possible. 

So if anyone is kind enough to tell me how to get started with the process and how to proceed with things, I'm more than grateful and appreciative. 

- Finnsickle 

He needs to petition for you.  Guides are available in the Guides section.  Read them, follow them.

Unfortunately, nothing in immigration is remotely fast.  You are looking at nearly a year for the entire process to complete  

YMMV

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, Finnsickle said:

Hi everyone. 

- Finnsickle 

Sorry about your condition but thank God for VJ!...now what you need is a good working laptop with internet connection....something to write with and something to write on....log on to VJ read and take notes...it might take you a week to go through all the General  K1 forum...maybe a couple of days more to go through the finland k1 forum and then read up the k1 visa instruction page  and then :https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

by the time you done...you will have all the answers and know what to do...Good luck 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

17 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Sorry about your condition but thank God for VJ!...now what you need is a good working laptop with internet connection....something to write with and something to write on....log on to VJ read and take notes...it might take you a week to go through all the General  K1 forum...maybe a couple of days more to go through the finland k1 forum and then read up the k1 visa instruction page  and then :https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

by the time you done...you will have all the answers and know what to do...Good luck 

This thread is from April.  OP is likely much further into the process by now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.