Qian

Expeditious Naturalization (INA319B)-A Complete Experience Report

182 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello there, I'm planning to apply 319 (B) too, my husband is US contractor here in Kuwait.. Did you apply online? (thinkin about online is better)

and how to make letter of Intent?

Best Regards,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Phillygirl said:

Hello there, I'm planning to apply 319 (B) too, my husband is US contractor here in Kuwait.. Did you apply online? (thinkin about online is better)

and how to make letter of Intent?

Best Regards,

I don't think we can apply online if filing from overseas. It's on USCIS site- "where to file" section. I sent my package by mail, which I think it was better anyway, because it's easier to put a lot of supporting documents.

Letter of Intention is no more than expressing/stating your intention, but better accompanied with supporting documents. i.e. if you have joint saving accounts or property in the States, that can show your intention of moving back to the States after the assignment. If nothing else, your statement should work too, if the "qualifying employment" case can be established- which I believe it's the critical part of 319B.

Best of luck!

Expeditious Naturalization 319B (Experience Report)

CR1 I-130 NOA1: Apr 17 2017

Naturalization: Apr 11 2019  

US passport in hand: Apr 18 2019 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is really interesting. Never heard of this category before. It does appear odd that they would have a category that expedites citizenship for a green card holder that is married to US citizen who is not serving in the military, that can apply far ahead of others who are living in the US without following the same 3/5 year rule. It is however great to know. Thanks for sharing. 

N-400 Naturalization acpplication

9/9/2018: 90 day window early application opened. (3 year rule)

9/9/2018: N-400 Application submitted ONLINE. Estimated case completion: November 2019 (14 months).

9/10/2018: NOA

9/15/2018:Scheduled for Biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 10/1/2018

10/1/2018: Biometrics completed. 

4/11/2019: Scheduled for Interview.

5/20/2019: Interview day, APPROVED!

5/30/2019: Oath Ceremony. Officially a US citizen! Time to Vote :D

AOS / AP / EAD

7/22/2015: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

7/28/2015: Received electronic notification that USCIS has received my case and they are forwarding it to national benefits center.

8/1/2015: Received Hard copy of NOA of all 4 forms by mail.

8/6/2015: Received Biometrics appointment in mail, date 8/20

8/20/2015: Biometrics completed.

8/31/2015: Case updated to Interview scheduled for 10/1/2015

9/1/2015: Received interview letter hardcopy by mail

9/28/2015: EAD / AP Card in production

10/1/2015: Interview completed, unfortunately will need further review...

10/3/2015: Recieved EAD / AP combo card in mail

11/16/2015: Completed first Infopass. J1 file still pending from DOS

12/9/2015: I485 / I130 approved. I-485 updated to "New Card is being produced"!!!

12/14/2015: Received I130/I485 approval / Welcome letter

12/15/2015: Received Green Card in mail!!!!

J1 Exceptional Hardship Waiver Timeline:

12/18/2014: Form DS-3035 was received by the DOS

11/2014-2/2015: We collected letters of support from Family

2/15/2015: Last DS-2019 was received.

2/27/2015: Sent I-612 + Affidavit and supporting documents (This was sent to California Service Center)

3/4/2015: USCIS received I-612 and sent Form I-797C notice of action in mail which I received later on.

4/9/2015: USCIS requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for Form I-612

4/14/2015: From I-612 and I-613 were received by the DOS

5/6/2015: DOS: Post input: received,

6/27/2015: DOS decision turned to Favorable recommendation, Recommendation sent on 6/26

7/2/2015: USCIS approved I-612 application online

7/9/2015: Received Hard copy approval in mail

Timeline
9 hours ago, medicalguy said:

This is really interesting. Never heard of this category before. It does appear odd that they would have a category that expedites citizenship for a green card holder that is married to US citizen who is not serving in the military, that can apply far ahead of others who are living in the US without following the same 3/5 year rule. It is however great to know. Thanks for sharing. 

My understanding is that although not for the military, either business people, or academic people etc. who satisfy this category are living away from home performing work to benefit the US. Benefit US's economy directly and other soft power. 

And to promoting family reunions for these citizens living abroad are the purpose of 319B.

Have a good one! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
19 hours ago, Qian said:

I don't think we can apply online if filing from overseas. It's on USCIS site- "where to file" section. I sent my package by mail, which I think it was better anyway, because it's easier to put a lot of supporting documents.

Letter of Intention is no more than expressing/stating your intention, but better accompanied with supporting documents. i.e. if you have joint saving accounts or property in the States, that can show your intention of moving back to the States after the assignment. If nothing else, your statement should work too, if the "qualifying employment" case can be established- which I believe it's the critical part of 319B.

Best of luck!

Hi thanks for reply, I sent already thru online yesterday.. finger crossed hope it works.

Thank you again

Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 2:29 PM, Phillygirl said:

Hi thanks for reply, I sent already thru online yesterday.. finger crossed hope it works.

Thank you again

Good luck!!!

Have you received the NOA yet? I'm interested, please let me know!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for sharing experience, good to know there is some category for regular applicants to expedite it. 

My guess is there is no way applicant residing in US (which constitutes atleast 90-95% on this forum) is eligible for this category, unless I'm missing something here.

Another thing : 6-7 months is general timeline anyways in lots of field offices within US except few backlogged field offices like Dallas etc. 

N-400 Application Timeline :

Application sent via mail - April 15th  (Field office Dallas, TX)

NOA Receipt date - April 17th

Biometrics receipt - April 22th (appointment scheduled for May 14th)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Interview completed & Case approved - November 17th

Naturalization Ceremony (in January 2020 - waiting on notice)

Timeline
5 hours ago, sharin said:

Thanks for sharing experience, good to know there is some category for regular applicants to expedite it. 

My guess is there is no way applicant residing in US (which constitutes atleast 90-95% on this forum) is eligible for this category, unless I'm missing something here.

Another thing : 6-7 months is general timeline anyways in lots of field offices within US except few backlogged field offices like Dallas etc. 

Yeah I think you are right, that's also why I couldn't find much info on the forum or any forum before.

The "expedition" here used in 319B doesn't really refer to the processing time, on the contrary we were told that this will not expedite the processing time.

It's the applying timing can be expedited- 3/5 year rule and continuous residency etc. is waived, the applicants can apply as soon as they satisfy the 319B criteria.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
5 hours ago, klmnl2000 said:

@Qian, so where did you get this information:  "if you have reached 90 days, or have pending i751, you will have to do ROC first"? I've applied for naturalization under 319 (b) online but have to lift conditions within 90 days but haven't submitted i751 yet, I'll submit it sometime at the end of 90 days period. 

It’s in the USCIS policy manual Chapter 5 re 319B. Best of luck! 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5

Spouses who Must Have an Approved Petition Prior to Naturalization

In all cases, a CPR applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage must have an approved petition prior to naturalization if the CPR:

• Has a pending petition to remove conditions at the time of filing the Application for Naturalization; or

• Reaches the 90-day period to file the petition to remove conditions prior to taking the Oath of Allegiance. [5] 

8 hours ago, Qian said:

It’s in the USCIS policy manual Chapter 5 re 319B. Best of luck! 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5

Spouses who Must Have an Approved Petition Prior to Naturalization

In all cases, a CPR applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage must have an approved petition prior to naturalization if the CPR:

• Has a pending petition to remove conditions at the time of filing the Application for Naturalization; or

• Reaches the 90-day period to file the petition to remove conditions prior to taking the Oath of Allegiance. [5] 

But it also states that: 

"2. Conditional Residents Filing as the Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Employed Abroad

A spouse of a U.S. citizen employed abroad based on authorized employment is not required to have any specific period of residence or physical presence in order to naturalize. [9] Consequently, a CPR spouse is not required to file the petition to remove conditions if the spouse files his or her naturalization application before he or she reaches the 90-day filing period to remove the conditions on residence. [10] 

I filed the N400 petition before the 90-days filing period to remove the conditions. Somehow Chapter 5 B and C seem controversial to me.

Timeline
3 hours ago, klmnl2000 said:

But it also states that: 

"2. Conditional Residents Filing as the Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Employed Abroad

A spouse of a U.S. citizen employed abroad based on authorized employment is not required to have any specific period of residence or physical presence in order to naturalize. [9] Consequently, a CPR spouse is not required to file the petition to remove conditions if the spouse files his or her naturalization application before he or she reaches the 90-day filing period to remove the conditions on residence. [10] 

I filed the N400 petition before the 90-days filing period to remove the conditions. Somehow Chapter 5 B and C seem controversial to me.

I think the confusion comes from “ the time of filing” and “ the time of taking the oath”.

This part below describe when one must have an approved ROC

B. Spouses who Must Have an Approved Petition Prior to Naturalization

Well, maybe just wait to see what they say. 

Edited by Qian

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your post Qian,

I understand post naturalization process is complete the applicant spouse would resume at job location with 30-45 days. But do they have to stay there for whole period of time i.e. if the assignment is for a year, for a whole year? Can they not come back to US and resume their job/work/business?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.