Rusk Marcotte

K1 visa I thought they took in order !

70 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I more of liken it to a massive grocery store with a hundred checkout lanes. Some go faster than others. Some people choke up the line with slow or insufficient payment. Sometimes something doesn't scan and everybody has to wait longer.

There's always another line going faster than yours. There's always another line going slower than yours.

Don't focus on the other lines. Your turn will come.

Great analogy. Except when you move your cart to the checkout line that was moving fast and then all of a sudden it slows down. :P

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

4 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Hi I thought they took in order ? I understand military and special cases ! But not a whole bunch of them ! I am trying to understand the process ! Of Igor’s timeline 

Each case is unique and different.  Some people send 2000 pages of chats, some only send what is required. There are many parameters that impact the speed of processing petitions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes , but I want to know if I did everything wright filling that book of our life ! Lol ! I know once I get pass this then it would fly from there ! My opinion only ! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

I know they look for prostitution in the fake relationship for the women to get here ! 

Actually at 129F stage they do not much care about the beneficiary, they mostly care about you, and your record. It mostly just going through the checklist. Since your beneficiary is in Ukraine, you will probably get copy of approved 129F, and see exactly what they checked. 

This was recent write up. https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/15/green-card-immigration/  Doesn't apply to K-1 but still gives you an idea. Just bunch of government bureaucracy. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Yes , but I want to know if I did everything wright filling that book of our life ! Lol ! I know once I get pass this then it would fly from there ! My opinion only ! 

There's the rub, the "book of your life " is not required for petition approval and one of several reasons things can bog down 

YMMV

Timeline

Well if they won’t let my wife back into the USA if she goes visits her daughter then I will sell everything and move to her ! I am in the point of life I do not care where I live ! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Well if they won’t let my wife back into the USA if she goes visits her daughter then I will sell everything and move to her ! I am in the point of life I do not care where I live ! 

Wife?  Wife and K-1 are oxymoronic 

YMMV

Timeline

Then why ask you for all that info ! Just name date of birth social security and address is all they need ! Why make you jump through hoops a letter from her a letter from me did we meet in person this is nonsense then ! By what you are saying ! Lol 

Timeline

Yes I was writing that if you have all the appropriate cards to go in and out of customs and you are already married and they won’t let you back in the country ! I would move to her my wife ! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Interesting thought.  It has probably crossed the minds of many people over the years.

I think the uscis should have far more transparency.  I have come across uscis 'apologists'  at this site but that government agency sticks out like a sore thumb.

6 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Yes I was writing that if you have all the appropriate cards to go in and out of customs and you are already married and they won’t let you back in the country ! I would move to her my wife ! 

Why would that happen?  

12 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Wife? it states on your VJ profile you filed for a K1 fiancé visa... if you got married, you've applied for the wrong visa...

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.