changbaihou

Processing Times (I-751/I-751A) for Nebraska Service Center (LIN-xxxxxxx)

1,230 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, LarryH said:

As of writing this, I have no idea whatsoever of when, or even the whether I will be approved. I just have immense believe.

Most of the extra steps I took in compiling this was to the benefit of others, and hopefully this helps other people on here who need a little info on part of the process that I found out.

1/10/2018: Date of initial i751 filing

2/05/2019: Date at which my file was transferred from CSC to Nebraska.

2/10/2019: Received the notice of action about transfer.

2/15/2019: I decided to create USCIS online account on old and new sites.

2/27/2019: Action was taken on my case. As to what action exactly, it didn’t state. At this point I had the case tracker app and was tracking about 6 cases around mine that were submitted on my same date 1/10/2018 and also transferred to Nebraska. Some of these cases said that action taken on this date was updating fingerprint and name information.

3/06/2019: I joined VJ on this date and read some more information. Based off of what I read I decided to just file a service request about not receiving my notice of action about the transfer to try to get movement in my case

3/08/2019: I filed a SRC (service request) that I hadn’t gotten my Notice of Action of my case being transferred.

3/20/2019: I received a response saying my case was transferred to Nebraska on 2/05/2019, and they are unable to reprint another notice of action. However, I should use this response as a notification of that transfer. All transfer would be dealt within 60days if no further information is required from applicant.

In between this time all the 6 cases around mine that I was tracking on the app tracker got approved and disappeared. I was beginning to feel very down and terrified.

4/08/2019:  I decided to call USCIS# 800-375-5283 (1,1,2,2, #) to speak to customer care. Asked that I be transferred to Tier 2 officer. I said about not receiving my NOA of transfer, but received service response saying case was transferred to Nebraska and quoted the line that said, The letter said that “Transferred cases will be adjudicated within 60 days if no further information is needed”. Since this was the 61st day I was just following up. The tier 2 lady was very nice, and she opened my file, was looking through and told me that everything is okay so far and there haven’t been any issues so I’m fine. She then said they are going to next send my info off for background check. I thank her and then hang up.

4/12/2019:  I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy about not receiving NOA and quoting the 60day rule in the service response. Since this was the 65th day I was just following up. Tier 2 officer told me to hold and came back saying they moved my case into background check on 4/10/2019. I thanked him and hang up.

4/16/2019: I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy about not receiving NOA and quoting the 60day rule in the service response. Tier 2 officer told me my case was pending for officer review/adjudication. And next thing might either be a transfer to local office for interview, or approval.

4/22/2019: I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy. Tier 2 officer told me my case was pending for officer review/adjudication. And next thing might either be a transfer to local office for interview, or approval.

4/26/2019: I received new card is being produced notification.

My conclusions:

1.       It is easier to get tier 2 officer to give you more information than necessary if you’ve filed a service request earlier and quote something they stated in there as a reason for you following up

2.       There’s no exact order in which cases are adjudicated as we all know by now. In my own opinion:

3.       After cases are transferred, and a lower level officer quickly skims through to identify any pertinent missing documents, and then rfe’s are issued to get those out of the way.

4.       The remaining cases are then sent to be reviewed by another officer, and if there’s a tentative approval they are sent for a background check. I figured this from my first conversation with the Tier2 lady when she said everything looks okay on you file from what I’m looking up on here, so the next thing will be a background check.

5.       Once the background check comes in (usually within 4 to 5days), then a final supervisor looks over on the recommendation of approval from prior officer and then gives final approval. This also might explain why approvals come in a bunch on a day. I figured this when I called the 2nd time to talk to Tier2 agent. He was giving me very generic answer about your file is pending for officer review and depending on what happens it might either be adjudicated or sent to local office for interview. This usually takes between 7-10 days I believe

How did you manage to talk to a Tier 2 officer? I just called them today, trying to use your same tactics just don’t exactly know if the person I talked to was Tier 1 or 2. 

They only said “Everything looks okay here from what I can see it just sometimes takes some time”. 

On 5/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, changbaihou said:

I agree with you that the key point is how many staff was assigned to the I-751 processing in each service center, which is difficult to be figured out.

An assumption that I did not calculate was that each center has different geographic immigrant populations. Notably, CSC and VSC jurisdiction has more immigrant population due to economy in general than Nebraska and Texas albeit Texas might has more Mexican population. 

I am going to write a letter to senator from my state that if he has a chance to preside committee, I would like to know the numbers and what is USCIS's response with follow-up when it comes to I 751. 

Pre-Trump era, USCIS used to host open house (at least CSC and VSC) annually, whose leadership team in service center introduced themselves and gives a general overview of their mission with Q&A session followed by individual question, which was a great opportunity to ask this type of specific question. But starting 2018, USCIS no longer hosts open houses any more. 

15 hours ago, UsGer said:

How did you manage to talk to a Tier 2 officer? I just called them today, trying to use your same tactics just don’t exactly know if the person I talked to was Tier 1 or 2. 

They only said “Everything looks okay here from what I can see it just sometimes takes some time”. 

Whenever the Customer rep picks up you can request to be transferred to a Tier2 officer, and after askingyou a few questions they will transfer the call. And as i mentioned, the easiest way to get to talk to a tier2 and also get relevant information from them is when you've put in a service request prior. It could be about anything at all; You can even say you didn't receive a notice of your transfer etc etc and once they reply to that service request, whenever you call you have a solid reason for your call. Note that they try as much as possible to weed out the 90% of calls that are about case status so don't go that route. 

Again, put in a random service request today, they'll reply in about 7-10days and from there on anytime you call you use that as a valid reason for your follow up. And act dumb and stupid but never mention case status. Just say I put in a request and was following up on that since I haven't heard anything yet etc etc

On 5/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, bigjailerman said:

We have been waiting for an extension letter for our 14 yo dependent i751A following receiving my wife's extension for her i751 and it never arrived. We did call and get a number for  request, an officer was assigned but it never happened. Yesterday we called again to follow up and it was suggested to file an InfoPass to go to Philadelphia local office to get his passport stamped to remedy this situation without much wait as his green card expires on May 7. We have an appointment for Monday morning. We will followup here after the visit.

How about your infopass? Did you got the stamp on passport or extension letter?

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 4/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, LarryH said:

As of writing this, I have no idea whatsoever of when, or even the whether I will be approved. I just have immense believe.

Most of the extra steps I took in compiling this was to the benefit of others, and hopefully this helps other people on here who need a little info on part of the process that I found out.

1/10/2018: Date of initial i751 filing

2/05/2019: Date at which my file was transferred from CSC to Nebraska.

2/10/2019: Received the notice of action about transfer.

2/15/2019: I decided to create USCIS online account on old and new sites.

2/27/2019: Action was taken on my case. As to what action exactly, it didn’t state. At this point I had the case tracker app and was tracking about 6 cases around mine that were submitted on my same date 1/10/2018 and also transferred to Nebraska. Some of these cases said that action taken on this date was updating fingerprint and name information.

3/06/2019: I joined VJ on this date and read some more information. Based off of what I read I decided to just file a service request about not receiving my notice of action about the transfer to try to get movement in my case

3/08/2019: I filed a SRC (service request) that I hadn’t gotten my Notice of Action of my case being transferred.

3/20/2019: I received a response saying my case was transferred to Nebraska on 2/05/2019, and they are unable to reprint another notice of action. However, I should use this response as a notification of that transfer. All transfer would be dealt within 60days if no further information is required from applicant.

In between this time all the 6 cases around mine that I was tracking on the app tracker got approved and disappeared. I was beginning to feel very down and terrified.

4/08/2019:  I decided to call USCIS# 800-375-5283 (1,1,2,2, #) to speak to customer care. Asked that I be transferred to Tier 2 officer. I said about not receiving my NOA of transfer, but received service response saying case was transferred to Nebraska and quoted the line that said, The letter said that “Transferred cases will be adjudicated within 60 days if no further information is needed”. Since this was the 61st day I was just following up. The tier 2 lady was very nice, and she opened my file, was looking through and told me that everything is okay so far and there haven’t been any issues so I’m fine. She then said they are going to next send my info off for background check. I thank her and then hang up.

4/12/2019:  I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy about not receiving NOA and quoting the 60day rule in the service response. Since this was the 65th day I was just following up. Tier 2 officer told me to hold and came back saying they moved my case into background check on 4/10/2019. I thanked him and hang up.

4/16/2019: I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy about not receiving NOA and quoting the 60day rule in the service response. Tier 2 officer told me my case was pending for officer review/adjudication. And next thing might either be a transfer to local office for interview, or approval.

4/22/2019: I called back to Tier 2 officer again using same strategy. Tier 2 officer told me my case was pending for officer review/adjudication. And next thing might either be a transfer to local office for interview, or approval.

4/26/2019: I received new card is being produced notification.

My conclusions:

1.       It is easier to get tier 2 officer to give you more information than necessary if you’ve filed a service request earlier and quote something they stated in there as a reason for you following up

2.       There’s no exact order in which cases are adjudicated as we all know by now. In my own opinion:

3.       After cases are transferred, and a lower level officer quickly skims through to identify any pertinent missing documents, and then rfe’s are issued to get those out of the way.

4.       The remaining cases are then sent to be reviewed by another officer, and if there’s a tentative approval they are sent for a background check. I figured this from my first conversation with the Tier2 lady when she said everything looks okay on you file from what I’m looking up on here, so the next thing will be a background check.

5.       Once the background check comes in (usually within 4 to 5days), then a final supervisor looks over on the recommendation of approval from prior officer and then gives final approval. This also might explain why approvals come in a bunch on a day. I figured this when I called the 2nd time to talk to Tier2 agent. He was giving me very generic answer about your file is pending for officer review and depending on what happens it might either be adjudicated or sent to local office for interview. This usually takes between 7-10 days I believe

Hi LarryH...

I'm curious if you have any details about the background check you mention in #4 and #5 above? What is it? Who does it? What are they looking for? Thanks, 

David

N-400 Timeline

• 2020.03.08 -- Naturalization filing window opened
  • 2020.03.09 -- N-400 filed and feed paid online
  • 2020.03.14 -- Email/Text notifications received that biometrics appt scheduled
  • 2020.03.14 -- NOA of case receipt received via USPS
  • 2020.03.20 -- Biometrics appointment notification received via USPS
  • 2020.03.30 -- Received email notification that biometrics appt scheduled for April 2 canceled due to Covid19
  • 2020.04.02 -- Biometrics scheduled for 1:00 PM canceled due to Covid-19
  • 2020.08.07 -- Myuscis update: biometrics being reused
  • 2020.08.14 -- NOA of biometrics reuse received via USPS
  • 2020.09.30 -- E-notifications received that interview has been scheduled
  • 2020.11.05 -- N-400 interview scheduled for 12:45 PM
  • 2020.11.05 -- Citizenship approved and oath administered! 

ROC Timeline

• 2019.03.08 -- ROC 90-Day Filing Window Opened
  • 2019.03.08 -- Mailed 1-751 and G-1145 to Phoenix (via UPS)
  • 2019.03.12 -- 1-751 and G-1145 delivered to Phoenix (via UPS)
  • 2019.03.12 -- 1-751 official submission date
  • 2019.03.15 -- I-797 (NOA 1)  LIN=Nebraska Service Center
  • 2019.03.18 -- Text message notification received: file receipt confirmation || Check for application + biometrics fees processed
  • 2019.03.18 -- NOA1 received via USPS (18-month Green Card extension)
  • 2019.09.06 -- I-797C NOA Biometrics Appointment notice date
  • 2019.09.13 -- I-797C NOA Biometrics Appointment notice receive (via USPS)
  • 2019.09.20 -- Biometrics (walk in) … originally scheduled for 2019.09.26 @ 9:00 AM 
  • 2020.03.10 -- E-notification that interview appointment scheduled
  • 2020.03.16 -- Interview appt notification receive via USPS
  • 2020.04.14 -- Interview scheduled for 7:30 AM canceled due to Covid-19
  • 2020.05.22 -- App status updated "New Card Is Being Produced"  and will be mailed
  • 2020.05.22 -- App status updated "Case Approved"
  • 2020.05.26 -- I-797 NOA received via USPS Approval Notice
  • 2020.05.27 -- App status updated to "Card Was Mailed to Me"
  • 2020.05.28 -- App status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"; USPS tracking app shows expected delivery date of June 1, 2020
  • 2020.05.29 -- Permanent Green Card received via USPS Priority Mail

AOS Timeline

• 2016.12.30 -- AOS, EAD, and AP applications delivered to Chicago PO
  • 2017.01.21 -- NOA1's received via USPS for I-485 (AOS),  I-131 (AP), and I-765 (EAD)
  • 2017.02.24 -- Biometrics Appointment
  • 2017.04.20 -- AOS & EAD approved; NOA2's received via USPS on 2017.04.23
  • 2017.04.29 -- EAD & AP combo card received
  • 2017.06.06 -- AOS approved!
  • 2017.06.10 -- 2-YR Green Card received

K-1 Visa Timeline

• 2016.04.18 -- I-129F Received by USCIS
  • 2016.04.20 -- I-129F NOA1
  • 2016.06.29 -- NOA
  • 2016.08.15 -- Bangkok Embassy received our case from NVC
  • 2016.08.23 -- Packet 3 sent to Embassy in Bangkok
  • 2016.08.26 -- Packet 4 email received from Embassy
  • 2016.09.05 -- Medical exam @ 10:30 AM @ BNH
  • 2016.09.07 -- Interview @ 7:30 AM...Visa approved
  • 2016.09.09 -- Visa Received
  • 2016.10.02 -- Entered USA (POE LAX)
  • 2016.11.18...Our Wedding Day 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mydy said:

Well now there’s an update on my case

Nebraska is now Requesting for Additional Evidence 😢  This is so frustrating.

Is it wise to give them a call or should I wait for the letter? I just wanted to know as early as now so I can prepare the documents that they needed.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:08 AM, NDB052714 said:

Hi LarryH...

I'm curious if you have any details about the background check you mention in #4 and #5 above? What is it? Who does it? What are they looking for? Thanks, 

David

The details are all found on here: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-b-chapter-2

It may be a little outdated though but that gives a fair idea of what exactly goes on.

Mydy, I am sorry you got a RFE request. On the bright side though Nebraska is processing March/April cases already. Took them 1 month to move from January cases to March/April cases. Things seem to be picking up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, changbaihou said:

How about your infopass? Did you got the stamp on passport or extension letter?

He received a stamp in his passport for 12 months. 

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Timeline
4 hours ago, Carlos12345 said:

What evidence did you send in the original application? Was is limited and that's why they did the RFE

I sent them our joint W2, life/health insurance, pics, credit card and other bills, updated marriage contract - I guess it is not that limited - the only thing that I couldnt provide is rent or mortgage docs - we live in my husband family home, it was given to him by his parents but they werent able to do the title transfer. And we dont have kids so couldnt provide birth certtoo.

Edited by Mydy

Timeline
4 hours ago, iceclub said:

Mydy, I am sorry you got a RFE request. On the bright side though Nebraska is processing March/April cases already. Took them 1 month to move from January cases to March/April cases. Things seem to be picking up

Yea, you’re right. At least they are working on March/April cases. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mydy said:

I sent them our joint W2, life/health insurance, pics, credit card and other bills, updated marriage contract - I guess it is not that limited - the only thing that I couldnt provide is rent or mortgage docs - we live in my husband family home, it was given to him by his parents but they werent able to do the title transfer. And we dont have kids so couldnt provide birth certtoo.

That’s a lot of evidence! I didn’t sent them enough the first time,  but of the 6 or 7 things i sent them they lost 5!! At least the rfe letter said good faith marriage insufficient evidence 

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.