F&S2018

Had interview 4/9/19 at Islamabad

23 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

so my husband had his interview at Islamabad and it went very well! He was asked a few questions and the CO was very nice. They asked him what my name was, and how we met, and asked if he had any pics of us and how often we talked. She then said ok thank you and then handed him a paper that had pick up locations and how to set up courier service and she did mention they’d email him within a couple weeks. He got no token or any slip but kept his passport just curious if anyone else went through something similar and how long it took! THANKS

The consulate kept his passport?  If so, that is a great sign!!!  

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019

2 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

Well that’s great!! 

Our status shows this now ...

3082DAA3-46A2-4271-8715-27D3DEE07B02.jpeg

Administrative Processing happens to everyone.  It could just be a few days or weeks while they print and affix the visa.   Watch for updates and status changes.   Did they actually say "approved" or just "thank you"?   Give it some time and try to relax.   

38 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Administrative Processing happens to everyone.  It could just be a few days or weeks while they print and affix the visa.   Watch for updates and status changes.   Did they actually say "approved" or just "thank you"?   Give it some time and try to relax.   

They gave him our pictures back and took his passport and his passport size photos and said thank you and we’ll send you an email with instructions about your visa and gave this.

2A025CC2-86CE-49DB-BC39-051905EF2182.jpeg

11 minutes ago, myVisaJourney said:

Maybe your husband should have asked them if they have approved the visa?

Yeah but he didn’t really get a chance and the only thing she said was everything looks good and handed him a paper on how to register for courier service for return of visa

12 minutes ago, F&S2018 said:

Yeah but he didn’t really get a chance and the only thing she said was everything looks good and handed him a paper on how to register for courier service for return of visa

So he got the visa imo

10 hours ago, myVisaJourney said:

Maybe your husband should have asked them if they have approved the visa?

Don't force CO to give you a decision at the end of the interview. CO needs some time to make decision.

Instead of asking approve or not, Ask please let me know if you need any additional documents, I will happy to provide you. Then CO will reply you with a smile on his /her face, Sure if we need anything, we will contact you.

Have a nice day.

Interview ended.

17 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

Hey everyone!

so my husband had his interview at Islamabad and it went very well! He was asked a few questions and the CO was very nice. They asked him what my name was, and how we met, and asked if he had any pics of us and how often we talked. She then said ok thank you and then handed him a paper that had pick up locations and how to set up courier service and she did mention they’d email him within a couple weeks. He got no token or any slip but kept his passport just curious if anyone else went through something similar and how long it took! THANKS

Just  keep praying that  he gets no e-mail from the embassy  till Thursday night, then you will see printed on Friday. IA

2 hours ago, paki-guy said:

Just  keep praying that  he gets no e-mail from the embassy  till Thursday night, then you will see printed on Friday. IA

I hope so inshAllah! we've been reading online about others who got no token and no 221 slip and they were told everything is ok and "looks good" and then a few days later their AP status changed to issued so we're just praying we dont have a long wait ahead 

21 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

Well that’s great!! 

Our status shows this now ...

3082DAA3-46A2-4271-8715-27D3DEE07B02.jpeg

keep checking the status.. it'll soon change from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Non-Immigrant Visa Application".. once you see that, it'll just be a day or few days until it'll say issued. Good luck!!!

1 hour ago, crazypharmtech said:

If they have kept his passport that is a good sign. Had my interview in Islamabad embassy too.  But it was in 2016 they had put me in AP for about two weeks and then issued my visa.

Oh they didn’t give u any slip or token? 

1 hour ago, MongolianPanda said:

keep checking the status.. it'll soon change from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Non-Immigrant Visa Application".. once you see that, it'll just be a day or few days until it'll say issued. Good luck!!!

Hopefully the visa is issued soon fingers crossed 🤞🏽 and leaving it up to god 

4 hours ago, crazypharmtech said:

If they have kept his passport that is a good sign. Had my interview in Islamabad embassy too.  But it was in 2016 they had put me in AP for about two weeks and then issued my visa.

Hopefully he gets his visa soon, he got no token and no 221 slip either but they did give me a sheet on registering for courier service and the lady told him we will email u for updates on ur passport/visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.