2,985 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Going there to explain the situation makes no sense, USCIS  will deny your AOS, they will not approve your I-485 based on your marriage.What you can try is to inform the officer that you will file VAWA, if you are being abused of course, and ask the officer to put your I-485 on hold, some officers accept others don't, if the officer doesn't accept to put your I-485 on hold then file a new I-485 along with your VAWA.

@sandranj 

What does it mean new card is being produced in I-360? Is that vawa approval

or is that green card if I applied for both together 

3 hours ago, Elena hope said:

Hi, I got the same one yesterday. 

I dont think its GC yet since they havent transferred it to local office or hadn’t had interview or anything.

I got mine updated in 360 too, not 765. Thats why I am confused if it means an approval. 

Possibility is that we might get EAD under c31 not c9. 

When did you file your 360? 

I filed mine in sep.2017 

so its about time but I had RFE and they received my RFE in november.2017. 

Thats why I was thinking by May this year, my case might be approved. 

Thank you

Well I heard they don’t require an interview for all cases so that can’t just be a basis. I have my EAD already so idk.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, digonyc said:

Guys, quick question.

I have a vawa approved and and EAD C31 for few months already. Waiting the interview. 

Im traveling March 29 and coming back April 7. My EAd C09 expired April 15.  8 days after my arrival. Question is, is that ok traveling with a EAD near to expiration date?

Thank you

Do not travel at all please please please do not travel if your AP is near to expire its a big risk, my lawyer strictly advised me not to travel if the AP is near to Expire as there is not conform updates on VAWA from the Govt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed along with one quoting it. Knock it off, all questions are worth respectful replies.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, xoxox said:

What is the different between DHS account and USCIS account ?

Can any one sign up for both accounts with the same email ?

That's a good question. I've signed up for both with the same email and it worked, so you go ahead.

The USCIS account is more informative for me and I can track all my cases, see the history and get updates. With DHS account I couldn't figure how I can add my case number or something as it refers me to USCIS site. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, IGIT said:

What does it mean new card is being produced in I-360? Is that vawa approval

That means most probably that your EAD card category c-31 under VAWA is being produced and therefore you can expect your VAWA case was approved, they will update you later and mail you approval notice as well. Congratulations!!!

20 minutes ago, Irynalucky said:

That's a good question. I've signed up for both with the same email and it worked, so you go ahead.

The USCIS account is more informative for me and I can track all my cases, see the history and get updates. With DHS account I couldn't figure how I can add my case number or something as it refers me to USCIS site. 

Thank you for your answer .

All respect for you dear .

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Irynalucky said:

Hello guys,

I got approved on my VAWA case. :)

I've applied on 31 May 2017, they took a sweet time on my approval, but I'm very glad this stage is over. God is good!

VAWA.png

congratulations dear 👍👍👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Modu said:

Sup... I have a pending i485 from my spouse and now am in my vawa process.. I filed vawa September 20th 2018 , and same September I had my i485 interview without my spouse , I took my vawa receipt from USCIS and also a copy of the vawa package that was filed to the i485 interview and explained to the interview officer that I was in an abusive marriage and now I have filed for vawa , I gave him the vawa receipt notice and copy of filed vawa and I told him to pls put my case in abayance /leave my i485 pending and he did left it pending.... advantages of a pending i485 is 

1) you can still apply for EAD or renewal of EAD  and get it under C09 category 

2)once ur vawa gets approved you would need to pay or reapply for another i485

3) its helps you to get ur green card faster after your vawa gets Approved due to you were previous on queue for interview b4 you went and and the i485 to be on hold or leave it pending by the officer... after vawa approved they just put you back in the queue of your interview for i485 then you go and get your green card.. this is the little I know ...

" its helps you to get ur green card faster after your vawa gets Approved due to you were previous on queue for interview b4 you went and and the i485 to be on hold or leave it pending by the officer... after vawa approved they just put you back in the queue of your interview for i485 then you go and get your green card",  this information is not correct.All cases when reach the local office will have the interview scheduled in the order the file is received by the local office,then a new AOS or pending AOS won't make any difference.

Timeline
4 hours ago, IGIT said:

@sandranj 

What does it mean new card is being produced in I-360? Is that vawa approval

CONGRATULATIONS.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
7 hours ago, digonyc said:

Guys, quick question.

I have a vawa approved and and EAD C31 for few months already. Waiting the interview. 

Im traveling March 29 and coming back April 7. My EAd C09 expired April 15.  8 days after my arrival. Question is, is that ok traveling with a EAD near to expiration date?

Thank you

Are you refering to the I-765/EAD/AP  combo card? You can't travel with an expired AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.