2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

When I went I had not filed but I told the officer that my husband was abusive, the officer was very kind and actually told me that he is gonna deny my application and I will be given  30 days to leave. But I should not leave and I should file for vawa, which I filed the same evening 

Thank you for this information. If I’ve not filed for vawa by the time am being called for a second I’ll just reschedule the interview and should have filed by the time am given a date for a second. Then I’ll come to the interview with a Vawa receipt.  

Dear @sandranj I went to the attorneys office to change address finally they listened to me that it needs to be sent to Vermont and not done online / via phone. I have one question: They set their office address as the mailing address for me when we sent I-360. It was approved in October, but the I-485 was sent with ex husband before VAWA and held until adjudication. The attorney receives all my mail, does that mean that when I sent I-360 Vermont updated the mailing address for the I-485 as well to the attorneys address when they received my VAWA petition? I don‘t know if this is clear, I am a bit confused too with this address change issue. Thank you.

Edited by staypositive

2 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

Am in the same situation now. I don’t even know when that stoke is coming. Did you file your Vawa when you went alone for your second interview? What did you tell the officer? 

Also regardless of all you've been told here, and since no two persons experience is ever the same.. Sandra is going to come across your post and set the record straight! Rest assured you'll be fine!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also regardless of all you've been told here, and since no two persons experience is ever the same.. Sandra is going to come across your post and set the record straight! Rest assured you'll be fine!

Sandra is being off great help also. Replying my messages promptly through PM. I appreciate you all 

47 minutes ago, waqasah said:

If your abuser spouse was US citizen, than you can file I-485 and Work permit I-765. along with I-360, or after if you already submit I-360...

If you have a pending I-485 previously filed by your abuser you can ask USCIS to hold it until I-360 is adjudicated, so you don't need to file a new one.

Only an LPR Spouse have to wait for the I-360 to be approved to file AOS.. because she is not immediate relative LPR spouse have to wait for priority date and visa to become available. 

51 minutes ago, waqasah said:

To file the AOS, do I have to wait for the approval of ? Right? So there will be no work permit otherwise. 

If your abuser spouse was US citizen, than you can file I-485 and Work permit I-765. along with I-360, or after if you already submit I-360...

If you have a pending I-485 previously filed by your abuser you can ask USCIS to hold it until I-360 is adjudicated, so you don't need to file a new one.

Only an LPR Spouse have to wait for the I-360 to be approved to file AOS.. because she is not immediate relative LPR spouse have to wait for priority date and visa to become available. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, staypositive said:

Dear @sandranj I went to the attorneys office to change address finally they listened to me that it needs to be sent to Vermont and not done online / via phone. I have one question: They set their office address as the mailing address for me when we sent I-360. It was approved in October, but the I-485 was sent with ex husband before VAWA and held until adjudication. The attorney receives all my mail, does that mean that when I sent I-360 Vermont updated the mailing address for the I-485 as well to the attorneys address when they received my VAWA petition? I don‘t know if this is clear, I am a bit confused too with this address change issue. Thank you.

Yes, they do.

The lawyer made the request to updates the address on your new I485.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey! How are you all?

I have a quick question : I am doing my Medical on Saturday, what do I need to bro g besides my I693 form and DL and EAD and SS# Card?

i just want to have all in order, thank you in advance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello every one a very urgent question. i wanna renew my EAD C09 with advance parole based on pending I485 i read that form i-131 i765 needs fees,   

long story short . is there fees for i-131 ? and do i have to send i-131 to different offie and i-765 to vermont ? 

9 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Hello every one a very urgent question. i wanna renew my EAD C09 with advance parole based on pending I485 i read that form i-131 i765 needs fees,   

long story short . is there fees for i-131 ? and do i have to send i-131 to different offie and i-765 to vermont ? 

Hey..based on my EAD c9 category experience in renewal, there's no fee..you just renew..but some folks are saying fees were requested...I have no idea about it..as so far USCIS has not asked me to pay any fees! Both for previous renewals and most recent of February 2019! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey..based on my EAD c9 category experience in renewal, there's no fee..you just renew..but some folks are saying fees were requested...I have no idea about it..as so far USCIS has not asked me to pay any fees! Both for previous renewals and most recent of February 2019! 

Thanks .   but does the documents like i-131 should be sent to different office ? like i765 to vermont and i131 to different ?

4 minutes ago, AJJU said:

Thanks .   but does the documents like i-131 should be sent to different office ? like i765 to vermont and i131 to different ?

As long as you have a pending Vawa all roads leads to VERMONT! thankfully I learnt that here this forum is beyond awesome! Send your renewals to Vermont!

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Hey! How are you all?

I have a quick question : I am doing my Medical on Saturday, what do I need to bro g besides my I693 form and DL and EAD and SS# Card?

Bring your passport too! I’ve done my testing through my insurance, and have an appointment at the immigration doctor on Friday. 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Hey! How are you all?

If you have your immunization card bring it or anything to prove you got TDAP, MMR and VARICELLA shots. USCIS requires those 3. If not your gonna pay for those shots plus the medical fee. They provided the I-693 and your EAD is sufficient. All they need is your Alien Number which is on the EAD and valid ID. Remember to drink lots of fluid the day before and on the morning of the exam. You wanna be well hydrated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.