2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

I would advice you to read over your affadavit again cuz although they aren’t suppose to do it the officer asked me a few brain teaser of things that I wrote in my affadavit. It wasn’t a lot but just some questions and I think it was fair enough questions.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trizzle said:

I would advice you to read over your affadavit again cuz although they aren’t suppose to do it the officer asked me a few brain teaser of things that I wrote in my affadavit. It wasn’t a lot but just some questions and I think it was fair enough questions.

@Trizzle congrats! 

I thought when our VAWA cases are adjudicated and approved the nitty gritty details of our cases remains at VSC

How do the interviewing officers at the local offices get hold of our VAWA files?

weird though.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Strife said:

@Trizzle congrats! 

I thought when our VAWA cases are adjudicated and approved the nitty gritty details of our cases remains at VSC

How do the interviewing officers at the local offices get hold of our VAWA files?

weird though.

Thank you and that information is sorta false. They have the entire files in a big dark brown folder but the I-485 is on top. Plus I think our files are in the system cuz she was asking me questions from the I-485 and was using the computer at the same time 

12 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

Thank you and that information is sorta false. They have the entire files in a big dark brown folder but the I-485 is on top. Plus I think our files are in the system cuz she was asking me questions from the I-485 and was using the computer at the same time 

Good to know this from someone who has witnessed it. Also I've always suspected our files are of course duplicated..as in they have electronic and paper versions. Guess that's why you can get successive updates about files being moved from NBC to local office same day or in a space of two days LOL😂😂 it didn't fly..it has to be electronically transferred! Anyway..now we know..thanks again for the info! They all have jurisdiction over both cases but officially they would rather have us believe otherwise! Cool 😎

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

Thanks for the info! Very helpful for all of us here.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good to know this from someone who has witnessed it. Also I've always suspected our files are of course duplicated..as in they have electronic and paper versions. Guess that's why you can get successive updates about files being moved from NBC to local office same day or in a space of two days LOL😂😂 it didn't fly..it has to be electronically transferred! Anyway..now we know..thanks again for the info! They all have jurisdiction over both cases but officially they would rather have us believe otherwise! Cool 😎

True because the way how she was marking that I-485 paper and making corrections and notes as she asked the questions there is no way she was gonna put it back in the folder. I mean she literally marked up all the pages as she tick off responses and also makes notes on it as well. So I know as she made corrections and notes on the physical I-485, she input it in the computer. 

1 minute ago, Trizzle said:

True because the way how she was marking that I-485 paper and making corrections and notes as she asked the questions there is no way she was gonna put it back in the folder. I mean she literally marked up all the pages as she tick off responses and also makes notes on it as well. So I know as she made corrections and notes on the physical I-485, she input it in the computer. 

😊👍

4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

I used my congressman to expedited my EAD it was successful done in 15 days. It took longer because my EAD was in the wrong place NBC, it was a process to transfer to Vermont and then Vermont made the expedition, I went to the congress office fill out a form, bring a proof of address, My Driver License, I-797c Receipt for both I765 and I-131 AP, They inquired by phone in front of me USCIS answer that i still have until June to work, with the EAD extension, but they told the congress office that they will accept an employer termination notice to expedited my EAD. So spoke with my employer they made the letter attempt to terminated me if i don't received the EAD on June, and it work. You must have a valid reason to expedited. They are more strict right now if you  don"t have a strong reason but every office different 

Hi @FeDaniela thank you for this thorough input. I appreciate it. How long did you wait for your EAD? What specific website did you use to find your congressman? Do you live in NY? I have a job offer from the hospital plus my mom is sick. So I am really hoping that it’ll be considered. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi @lolaB998 thanks for responding. So, it worked for you? You’re so lucky! So what do you do first? Compose a letter, gather all documents and show up at your Congressman/Ombudsman’s office? So, they verify all your documents and call USCIS to ask for expedite in your behalf? 

Hey, yes it worked for me. A job offer is a very important document for the EAD expedite. My first EAD was expedited through a Congressman who sent my job offer letter to the USCIS; it took around two weeks. The second time (EAD renewal after VAWA was submitted), I contacted the Ombudsman and my employer sent him a letter asking to issue the work permit because I would lose my job if the work permit expires and they did not have anyone else who could work on the project. It took two months! I would definitely advise to contact the congressman.

First, you have to find a congressman representing your area. https://ziplook.house.gov/htbin/findrep_house Second, send them a short e-mail using a contact form on their website, describe your case when sending them this e-mail. They will also ask you to sign a privacy release form which can be found on their website. Then, after sending an e-mail, call them in a day or two if they don't get back to you! GOOD LUCK!

You can also contact the senator but they are quite busy and it usually takes more time for them to get to your case.

Edited by lolaB998

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello, 

So I have a question. I am going to apply for VAWA this week. My EAD is expiring on January 2020. Since I did not go for the interview. My i485 is gonna be deemed abandoned. Right? So how can I renew my EAD? Do I have to apply for new EAD? I am really confused. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
8 hours ago, sandranj said:

Hello, 

So I have a question. I am going to apply for VAWA this week. My EAD is expiring on January 2020. Since I did not go for the interview. My i485 is gonna be deemed abandoned. Right? So how can I renew my EAD? Do I have to apply for new EAD? I am really confused. I belong to allied healthcare and I need EAD to complete my training and certifications. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.