Mrdanks

USCIS is asking me to fill I751 (CRI-89) but I never got married....?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mrdanks said:

I’ve talked to immgrantion officers on the phone and they seem to have no knowledge of what s13 class is what I did was pay the fee for replacement card I submitted all my proof so they should be issue me something... There shouldn’t be anything stopping that simply i didn’t marry anyone in USA it’s kind of ironic an immgrantion officer who makes desions don’t have a clue about s13 class

You may need to find the relevant guidelines to show them. GBOS provided the link above to USCIS own guidelines. It's wrong but they make mistakes all the time. Is there a tribal representative that can assist you with this? You should be given a green card, you shouldn't pay fees or have to fill out a form for removal of conditions.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mrdanks said:

Under the law I’m not legally required to have a green card my 181 form alone is enough evidence  of my status in USA. But I took the time and money to get the card anyways just to establish myself more efficiently as a PR in USA. 

That's what I was trying to figure out. So you've applied for a replacement green card? And then they sent you the I751? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrdanks said:

No after I was stamped for residency that was it.. it was until recently they wanted me to fill I751 which makes no sense because I’m not married to anyone. 

Yeah, that makes no sense to me either. It's difficult to know why they've done that unless you can get to talk to someone who has access to your case. It could be they have the wrong information, it could be human error, who knows.

You can get legal advice by contacting:

American Indian Law Alliance
611 Broadway, Suite 632
New York, NY 10012
e-mail: aila@ailanyc.org

Phone: (212) 477-9100

They'll be able to advise you how to proceed.

6 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Yeah, that makes no sense to me either. It's difficult to know why they've done that unless you can get to talk to someone who has access to your case. It could be they have the wrong information, it could be human error, who knows.

You can get legal advice by contacting:

American Indian Law Alliance
611 Broadway, Suite 632
New York, NY 10012
e-mail: aila@ailanyc.org

Phone: (212) 477-9100

They'll be able to advise you how to proceed.

Thanks I’ll contact them tommorow. 

Other thing I noticed is that i paid biometric fee which shouldn’t be the case when I went to the border they already did biometric data 

Timeline
Just now, Mrdanks said:

Thanks I’ll contact them tommorow. 

Other thing I noticed is that i paid biometric fee which shouldn’t be the case when I went to the border they already did biometric data 

Keep us updated on what happens. I hope they can help you sort this out.

I have no idea about any of this and never heard of a S13 class until today (as probably 90% of USCIS officers), so I am in no position to offer any advice. The only I would say as a general caution is that notice you got about the I-751, even if it’s wrong, it has to be anwered. It cannot be ignored, otherwise it might lead to some sort of automatic rejection of some kind and then it’s a bigger mess to clean up.

11 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I have no idea about any of this and never heard of a S13 class until today (as probably 90% of USCIS officers), so I am in no position to offer any advice. The only I would say as a general caution is that notice you got about the I-751, even if it’s wrong, it has to be anwered. It cannot be ignored, otherwise it might lead to some sort of automatic rejection of some kind and then it’s a bigger mess to clean up.

Well... how can i respond to something that has nothing to do with my residency status? 

12 minutes ago, Mrdanks said:

Well... how can i respond to something that has nothing to do with my residency status? 

You respond with just that: this has nothing to do with me. I am a permanent resident because of this and this regulation and law. I do not have any condition to remove. I am entitled to full permanent resident. Make copy of the law and regulations along with the tribal Native American stuff and send all of it back to them in response to that notice.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

If I've understood it correctly, having established over 50% Canadian Aboriginal blood status automatically provides the following rights without having to take any further action, including protection from deportation -

If you were born in Canada and have at least 50% Aboriginal blood, you may be entitled to certain rights and benefits in the United States.

Once you have proven that you have at least 50% Aboriginal blood...

You have the right to:

• Cross the U.S./Canadian border freely.
  • Live and work in the U.S.
  • Be eligible for public benefits, such as Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicare, Unemployment Benefits and other Public Assistance, provided you meet the appropriate agency guidelines.
  • Register for college or university in the United States as a "domestic student" rather than as a "foreign student" (with the appropriate fee adjustment).

You do not have to:

• Be processed for an alien registration card (also known as a green card or Form I-551).
  • Obtain a work permit.
  • Register for the military.

The U.S. Government cannot:

• Deport you.
  • Exclude you from entry.
  • Deny you services.

https://www.ptla.org/border-crossing-rights-jay-treaty

Even if the USCIS representative doesn't know the information already, it's not difficult to do a little research.

Calling the misinformation line often leads to more confusion.  They're not actually USCIS officers, they're a call center who can see what you can and occasionally a bit more.  Do not expect much when calling. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/american-indian-born-in-canada indicates that you need to make an Infopass appointment at your local office and bring all of your eligibility documents to USCIS, who will then be able to process your application for a green card and a creation of record. 

I would not bother with calling them. That will likely be completely pointless, unless it's to make that Infopass. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/american-indian-born-in-canada indicates that you need to make an Infopass appointment at your local office and bring all of your eligibility documents to USCIS, who will then be able to process your application for a green card and a creation of record. 

I would not bother with calling them. That will likely be completely pointless, unless it's to make that Infopass. 

If the local office is doing InfoPass appointments. Ours doesn't do them now. 

9 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

If the local office is doing InfoPass appointments. Ours doesn't do them now.

You are mistaken. All offices continue to make Infopass appointments, it's just that at many you can no longer self-schedule them, and need to either call in or go to their web chat to make one. 

I did this just last week. 

All offices are moving to this system by the end of September 2019. 

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.