Vvee

I-130 Filers March 2019

643 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
47 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Yes, it completely depends on where you are filing from, unfortunately. I already know that I will be sent to Nebraska because that's where my husband's I-130 was processed from and where his ROC is being processed, too! I can't wait until they're both citizens and we're finished with all of this!

Oh really? I had no idea it depends on where you file. Nebraska has long processing times, right? I hope they pick up the pace. It must be really rewarding to be done with all that, I can't imagine how it must be like to do this more than once 😩 But it is worth all the hassle to be reunited 😊 Does ROC processing take long? Offtopic: I like your username, I am learning Spanish (bilingual husband) and got so happy when I saw a word I know!

Our CR-1 Timeline

• Sent 3/5/2019
  • Delivered 3/7/2019
  • NOA1 3/11/2019 (TSC)

24 minutes ago, Vvee said:

Oh really? I had no idea it depends on where you file. Nebraska has long processing times, right? I hope they pick up the pace. It must be really rewarding to be done with all that, I can't imagine how it must be like to do this more than once 😩 But it is worth all the hassle to be reunited 😊 Does ROC processing take long? Offtopic: I like your username, I am learning Spanish (bilingual husband) and got so happy when I saw a word I know!

Well, more accurately, depends on where your "home base" is; eg. I'm in Minnesota, so I am always routed to Nebraska for these types of petitions. It's true that some centers only process certain types of petitions so that doesn't apply to all cases. I used to remember all those little details when I was constantly scouring these forums during my husband's petition process, but now my memory is fuzzy about some things!

The ROC process is almost two years right now. However, since my hubby is already here, I'm much less worried about the wait time :) He also becomes eligible to apply for citizenship 90 days before his three-year stint as a permanent resident, so we will probably file that even though ROC is still pending. Many people choose to do that to shorten wait times. 

I thought I knew Spanish really well, until I actually moved to Mexico with hubby several years ago. Turns out I knew very little 😂 I have learned a lot though and absolutely love the experience!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

4 hours ago, afortunada said:

Well, more accurately, depends on where your "home base" is; eg. I'm in Minnesota, so I am always routed to Nebraska for these types of petitions. It's true that some centers only process certain types of petitions so that doesn't apply to all cases. I used to remember all those little details when I was constantly scouring these forums during my husband's petition process, but now my memory is fuzzy about some things!

The ROC process is almost two years right now. However, since my hubby is already here, I'm much less worried about the wait time :) He also becomes eligible to apply for citizenship 90 days before his three-year stint as a permanent resident, so we will probably file that even though ROC is still pending. Many people choose to do that to shorten wait times. 

I thought I knew Spanish really well, until I actually moved to Mexico with hubby several years ago. Turns out I knew very little 😂 I have learned a lot though and absolutely love the experience!

UPDATE: Well, apparently everything I used to know no longer applies, because I just received a case number which begins with YSC and is the Potomac Service Center. Interesting! I have no idea what their processing times are, so I'm excited to go check it out! Good luck, everyone!

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

I need to stay away from this thread--it's killing me waiting for our NOA1! :P

UPS delivered on the 8th... so it should be soon, right? Hah! It's only been like 3 days... How am I going to survive the next 8+ months? 😅

Good luck, everybody!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Guess I'll add to this thread so I'm not alone in waiting...

I-130 package mailed via USPS to Phoenix: 3/09/19

Package delivered (according to USPS website says): 3/12/19 

Payment cleared the bank: Not yet 😋

Processing Center: ????

Hope all goes well for everyone

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

5 hours ago, afortunada said:

UPDATE: Well, apparently everything I used to know no longer applies, because I just received a case number which begins with YSC and is the Potomac Service Center. Interesting! I have no idea what their processing times are, so I'm excited to go check it out! Good luck, everyone!

You're lucky as right now that's the fastest service center. :D

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline

I got excited to see so many other March filers, we are not alone in this 😊

5 hours ago, afortunada said:

I am happy for you, because like @JMPM said, it is the fastest at the moment. I find it very interesting things have changed so fast! Let us know what sort of changes you notice as we go along :D Good luck to you too!

Our CR-1 Timeline

• Sent 3/5/2019
  • Delivered 3/7/2019
  • NOA1 3/11/2019 (TSC)

Timeline
2 hours ago, bird&bear said:

I need to stay away from this thread--it's killing me waiting for our NOA1! :P

UPS delivered on the 8th... so it should be soon, right? Hah! It's only been like 3 days... How am I going to survive the next 8+ months? 😅

Good luck, everybody!

It should be soon! 😊 Ours was delivered last Thursday in the morning, so it took 3 business days to send us the notice. Or do they work over the weekends? 🤔 But in any case, it should be very very soon. Good luck to you too!

Our CR-1 Timeline

• Sent 3/5/2019
  • Delivered 3/7/2019
  • NOA1 3/11/2019 (TSC)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 9:59 PM, Scott001 said:

Guess I'll add to this thread so I'm not alone in waiting...

I-130 package mailed via USPS to Phoenix: 3/09/19

Package delivered (according to USPS website says): 3/12/19 

Payment cleared the bank: Not yet 😋

Processing Center: ????

Hope all goes well for everyone

Looks like credit card payment is a lot faster than check.

Timeline
4 hours ago, paulsquare said:

Looks like credit card payment is a lot faster than check.

I tried searching for a thread discussing the payment methods, but with little luck. I think my husband paid with a debit card and would be interesting to know if that makes any difference.

It has been quiet over here! Has anyone got any updates? 

Our CR-1 Timeline

• Sent 3/5/2019
  • Delivered 3/7/2019
  • NOA1 3/11/2019 (TSC)

4 hours ago, Vvee said:

I tried searching for a thread discussing the payment methods, but with little luck. I think my husband paid with a debit card and would be interesting to know if that makes any difference.

It has been quiet over here! Has anyone got any updates? 

They finally charged my credit card at about 6am PDT on 3/14, but who knows how much time actually elapsed between them having our petition in hand and then charging the card. 

Still no notification, though... Maybe it's because I put my cover letter on top of my enotification form? 😭

Timeline
18 minutes ago, bird&bear said:

They finally charged my credit card at about 6am PDT on 3/14, but who knows how much time actually elapsed between them having our petition in hand and then charging the card. 

Still no notification, though... Maybe it's because I put my cover letter on top of my enotification form? 😭

Yeah, it did say to clip the E-notification form to the front of the petition 🤔 Well, in any case, because you were charged it must mean you'll get the receipt one way or another. Probably have to wait for it to be mailed. Fingers crossed we will both get the mailed receipt next week! 😊

Our CR-1 Timeline

• Sent 3/5/2019
  • Delivered 3/7/2019
  • NOA1 3/11/2019 (TSC)

3 hours ago, Vvee said:

Yeah, it did say to clip the E-notification form to the front of the petition 🤔 Well, in any case, because you were charged it must mean you'll get the receipt one way or another. Probably have to wait for it to be mailed. Fingers crossed we will both get the mailed receipt next week! 😊

Looking at the guides again, you're absolutely right! Agh, I'm a doofus (the g1145 itself said it should be placed on top of "the first page of your immigration forms" which I presumed to mean the i-130 form itself!). Definitely going to ask the community here to check all my next steps, as I could have sworn I had the order right... It's such a shame that a tiny switch makes such a huge difference. 😣

Wellp, the wait continues! 

5 hours ago, bird&bear said:

You should still get e-notification! I also put my cover letter first, but I did indicate on the cover letter that the G-1145 form was attached. I then had my check payment as tab 2, and tab 3 contained G-1145 + I-130. So there is still hope! I didn't receive a text until a day or more after the withdrawal hit my bank account.

EDIT: Additionally, you can call in about one month after your petition was delivered to get your case number. Trust me, it feels "exciting" to have it, but it makes NO difference! Your petition is still just sitting... and sitting... and sitting... Along with the rest of ours :) So don't fret, dear!

Edited by afortunada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.