AlexKissley

I-90 denied, still have I-551 stamp, currently outside US!

41 posts in this topic

He needs to be in the USA to straighten this out not in the Phillipines. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

He needs to be in the USA to straighten this out not in the Phillipines. 

Can he still enter in the USA?

22 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

Can he still enter in the USA?

That's up to CBP, but I would not expect an issue...maybe a verbal warning not to stay abroad so much is it, if anything.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

14 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

Thank you for your reply and your time. This is really helpful. One more thing, can he reapply for gc even though it got denied just because of an RFE

Another story for his green card: he actually applied then got approved. Got his gc card but his first name on his card is wrong. They put his first name twice. So he renewed it again, then he got denied because we only sent a photocopy of the green card since we did it online. He still have the new actual green card but his name is wrong. He is still have a 10 year green card but with two first name. His first name is Karl Lawrence but in the card it says Karl Lawrence Lawrence. So he applied to get it corrected, then it was denied. 

Why didn’t he send the incorrect physical green card in? He should have sent it in . Did he respond to the RFE uscis sent to mail the physical green card or no?

Filed: Timeline

@AlexKissley - Please stop using the wording 'greencard was denied'. Its better to say I90 denied. When you say greencard denied it gives people the impression he was denied status. Based on what youve said he was not denied status but rather denied a plastic card showing he has status. Thats all a GC is- a plastic card that shows you have status. Try to think of it that someones status is a virtual thing. 

If he has a valid stamp he can use that to enter the US- remembering what was already posted about his excessive time out of the US. Once hes back in the US he should refile the I90 being extra careful its done correctly this time. If he needs help he can post here for assistance and Im sure someone will help.

2 hours ago, username_taken said:

@AlexKissley - Please stop using the wording 'greencard was denied'. Its better to say I90 denied. When you say greencard denied it gives people the impression he was denied status. Based on what youve said he was not denied status but rather denied a plastic card showing he has status. Thats all a GC is- a plastic card that shows you have status. Try to think of it that someones status is a virtual thing. 

If he has a valid stamp he can use that to enter the US- remembering what was already posted about his excessive time out of the US. Once hes back in the US he should refile the I90 being extra careful its done correctly this time. If he needs help he can post here for assistance and Im sure someone will help.

Alright! Thank you for clarification,im also confuse. Thank you for your answer.

4 hours ago, username_taken said:

@username_taken so he can reapply again for I-90? Just to clarify?

4 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

@username_taken so he can reapply again for I-90? Just to clarify?

Yup

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

23 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

“We”? You decide on what your brother does for his immigration status?

My mom, my brother & I, since he is still living with us. Supporting him financially. 

11 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

My mom, my brother & I, since he is still living with us. Supporting him financially. 

And he’s living with you in the Philippines?  It’s hard to give proper answers when facts come dribbling out bit by bit. First you said he was visiting Philippines because of family issues but if I understand correctly that the rest of you are there then what you said here means he is currently living in the Philippines? If that’s the case he is not able to meet the residence requirements for naturalization. So focus first on keeping his LPR status, which is already a problem if he’s not actually living in the US.

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 3/7/2019 at 1:04 PM, AlexKissley said:

He came back again to philippines to help me because i was about to give birth. 

This is why I assume you are living in the Philippines.

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 3/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, AlexKissley said:

He is 19. My mom just claimed her to her tax. He worked briefly when he was there for 2 months. Then went back to Philippines to help me. 

Where is your mom living? I’m confused, these posts seem contradictory. You say he’s living with your mom and you, this post makes it sound like your mom is in the US, the post above that you are in Philippines, but then you say that he lives with both of you??

Edited by SusieQQQ

11 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Where is your mom living? I’m confused, these posts seem contradictory. You say he’s living with your mom and you, this post makes it sound like your mom is in the US, the post above that you are in Philippines, but then you say that he lives with both of you??

So sorry about the confusion, we all resides in the US except for my father and my husband, im a US citizen, My brother & I came to visit my father around April only to found out he sick (cancer), so we took care of him until he passed. Then i found out im pregnant. I decided to give birth here in the philippines thats why im still here (philippines). My brother, however, came back to US after 6months. He had his green card renewal on process by then and a extension stamp. So he entered US without CBP asking. He stayed in US for 2 months then i asked him to come back to Philippines to help me. But when he got to philippines he got a letter that his I-90 application got denied. Now he is about to come back to US with just the extension stamp. My question is 1) can he still enter US? 2) can he still apply for another I-90 even though his first application got denied and we didnt appeal to re open the decision? 3) of course as said earlier he cant apply for citizenship because he needs to be in US for 90 days prior to applying, but can he apply for re entry permit, in case he wants to come visit me again? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.