35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Well they have pictures and boarding passes from i130.how they can make make a decision before you answer to there questions? So at this point why go to interview then??

It seems unfair and probably is, but have their reasons for being this way. No one can say if you will be denied or not. You know the strength of your case though. A lot of things influence the decision such as:

Are you of similar ages?

Do you share the same religion?

Have you met each others families?

How much time have you spent together in person?

Do you fluently speak the same language?

If the answer to these question do not seem good you may have more to worry about. If you feel good about these questions you can relax a little. That's just my opinion from spending a lot of time on VJ.

2 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Well as I said.i have submitted pictures and boarding passes befiore.so they have something to look at.yes we have been married for 5 years both moroccans..same realigion.i travelled every three months...

This is very good....sounds like no red flags and lots of time spent together in person.

Just now, Imigrant1974 said:

So my question is all the ppl that went to Casablanca got denied cause they didnt preload there case with evidence...??

Some, probably. Many others had other issues with either red flags or lack of evidence, not just frontloading.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Well as I said.i have submitted pictures and boarding passes befiore.so they have something to look at.yes we have been married for 5 years both moroccans..same realigion.i travelled every three months...

Honestly sounds like you have a really good case. The amount of white women you travel to Morocco and marry a 20 year younger Moroccan man on the first visit might surprise you. Seems like you have a very solid case given the details.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The most common reason for visa denials in Casablanca is usually due to the CO believing the relationship is not 'genuine'.  Not everyone in Casablanca is denied for having little evidence, but the more substantial evidence you have, the less opportunities a CO has to deny you based on the 'genuine' relationship factor. Though you can submit loads of evidence and still be denied, as there are many different factors that go into a visa approval. All you can do at this point is hope that the CO considers all the initial evidence as well as any evidence brought to the interview. Your husband should be able to confidently explain any of the relationship evidence and answer any questions the CO has. Hope it goes well for you. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

21 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Well I'm really worried now. 

Well I'm really worried now

Married for 5 years and travelling every 3 months!!! Looks like you have a very good case for visa approval. Most people file the petition soon after marriage so will have limited evidences during i130 phase and so add more during NVC stage. Looks like you already frontloaded a lot during i130. 

I say don’t be worried but have your husband bring other evidences too for the interview.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Well I'm really worried now. 

Well I'm really worried now

No need to worry, not much you can do now but hope for the best at the interview and take lots of evidence to show the CO and hope they will look at it.  How many visits did you front-load with the petition?  Passport stamps, hotel receipts, photos?  Did you front-load the petition with any co-mingling of finances, will, beneficiary on retirement plans, included spouse on health insurance, other things that a couple married for five years would have to show that the relationship is genuine?  If you front-loaded evidence of visits every three months for five years you should be fine, as time spent together is key for Casablanca interviews.  Worse case scenario, you can submit additional evidence if the visa is denied after the interview.  Good luck, and report back after the interview!

Thanks everyone.im very concerned cause he got denied first time.we didn't prepare at all.i didn't know what we were thinking in my head since we have a marriage license then he should get his visa.story short not only we didnt upload any evidence he didnt take any with him.he only took pictures .he couldn't answer a lot of question about my previous marriage. Cause honestly we never talked about it .so here we go again.we have a lot of evidence since I have been going home a lot ...this isnt easy believe me.so now that we did submitt in the the first petition and not in the nvc stage worries me a lot

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

important for Morocco

Did you marry on 1st visit?

How many times did you Visit?

How long were the visits?

Can he answer all questions about you and your family and your life in  the US?

I see from photos no big age difference so they will ask if you have previous marriage and children and do you 2 want children of your own

They will ask what his plans are for life in the US (work or study)  he needs a plan that the 2 of you are in agreement to

If the CO sees short time together ,   they will ask what he considers a stupid question

like "what did she eat for breakfast?"

Correctly answered ,  since we are 5 or more hours behind Morocco is "she is not out of bed yet because of the time difference"

even if the interview is late in the day,  the Moroccan probably hasn't been able to talk to the USC because of traveling to interview and not having use of cell phone in the embassy while waiting

some try to make up an answer thinking they need to say

these types of questions are a "search by the CO for honesty"

and that is the important issue 

he needs to be completely honest in the interview

incha yessir

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Imigrant1974 said:

Thank you adil rafa.so I shouldn't worry that I didnt submitt more evidence at the nvc stage? 

nope 

should frontload the application and as CO will see all that before the interview

He can and should take additional photos especially if any show you with his family

as being accepted by his mom especially is important

but CO probably will not ask to see them

if he showed up with none,  they would ask him to submit them thru aramex 

basically they are searching to see if he is prepared

and BTW   he should do the interview in English as he is to live here

they offer French and Arabic but like an immigrant to do English

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.