icyking10059

I129F Rejection Notice

12 posts in this topic

hello everybody, my finance received a letter and whole package from USCIS on Friday(They returned whole package back). According to the intent of the letter, it seems our case was rejected:crying:, but we still can't understand why our case will be rejected; therefore, we decided to provide the intent show up on the letter and ask for help here:

This notice is to inform you that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) rejected the application or petition ('' your case '') listed above because:

. The check or money order submitted as payment was returned by the bank or financial institution ; or

. The credit card submitted as payment was declined by the financial institution.

Because your payment was not covered by the bank or  financial institution, you must pay a 30 dollars service fee as required by section 103.7(a)(2)(i) of Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations.

Please submit the 30 dollars fee along with a copy of this notice to the address below. Do not submit any other documentation to this address or attempt to correct this failed payment with another repayment.

What should we do now:(????? USCIS returned whole package back....... but we still have the WAC case number.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

send the package back with the correct payment

it is already telling you what to do

what payment type did you send, what it correctly filled out? did you send a check, money order? did you pay with a credit card?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did you pay the fees?  The message says the rejection was because the bank did not honor your payment

Just now, aleful said:

what payment type did you send, what it correctly filled out? did you send a check, money order? did you pay with a credit card?

They also need to pay the $30 NSF fee

YMMV

23 minutes ago, icyking10059 said:

This notice is to inform you that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) rejected the application or petition ('' your case '') listed above because:

. The check or money order submitted as payment was returned by the bank or financial institution ; or

. The credit card submitted as payment was declined by the financial institution.

They told you why right there. Either your check bounced or your credit card was declined! 

All you need to do is send the whole thing back with a method of payment that will not bounce, add the $30 fee.

14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How did you pay the fees?  The message says the rejection was because the bank did not honor your payment

They also need to pay the $30 NSF fee

We paid by check. And we are sure the number we wrote down is 535 dollars....... both my fiance and I think the problem is from the check so maybe we should pay by the credit card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

First I would send the 30 dollar fee to the address on the letter Via a money order/cashier check. Get your account Cleared first. Then about a week later I would send in the I-129 again with the payment via Cashier Check. Cashier checks can't be returned for NSF, only in extreme cases will they not be honored. This way you don't have to rely on any Financial Institutions saying NSF. A cashiers check is just like sending cash, so is the Money Order. With a personal check or credit card you run the risk of those being declined. I did a Cashier Check with my I-129 ( Credit card wasn't available yet), but I just filed AOS with my credit card and the payment processed no problem. From how I read the letter they want the 30 dollar fee separate from the payment for your I-129F, and if it is one thing I have learned is follow their instructions to the letter, as they are very literal in their meaning. For example if you try to send your I-129F with the 535+30 making the check 565 they will probably reject it again for the wrong payment amount, or even if you include 2 separate checks for 535 and then 30, they will have no idea what the 30 extra is for, and reject again. These people are like robots, and do not have the ability of rational thought, they have the rules, and they follow them.

Also as a note, if you use a credit card some might decline a 500 plus dollar transaction depending on the settings on your account, so make sure the credit card knows you have a large payment posting after you mail the package. Unless you do a lot of large transactions on the card, but to be safe give them a heads up.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, icyking10059 said:

We paid by check. And we are sure the number we wrote down is 535 dollars....... both my fiance and I think the problem is from the check so maybe we should pay by the credit card

You might want to talk with your bank.  It sounds like you sent a check without enough funds in your account.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, aleful said:

But the letter says not to attempt repayment.  ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

dis they send the check back? if not they might try to cash it again, if the check was returned to them, but you do have to send the $30, the notice and the package again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, virgie6810 said:

But the letter says not to attempt repayment.  ??

Yes, they cannot attempt to fix the existing but they can begin a brand new submission

YMMV

5 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

dis they send the check back? if not they might try to cash it again, if the check was returned to them, but you do have to send the $30, the notice and the package again

Unfortunately no, they sent the whole package back without the check:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.