1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

I did my fingerprints on May 6th 2019, but still my online status is still showing "Your case was received" EAC number from April 3rd 2019. Should I be worried? As there is no other update from USCIS.

I also went for an INFOPASS appointment after (which was regarding travel, even the officer there mentioned sometimes, online updates are not up to date)

would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Varun

On 11/16/2019 at 6:47 AM, zilchfox said:

I haven’t actually received any online case updates post-biometrics, but it has been saying ‘Fingerprint Review Completed’ since Sept 21, when they first sent me a letter saying they didn’t need my biometrics (and then later scheduled me for Nov 14 2019 biometrics anyways).

I got a notice saying previous fingerprints would be used.  As of Sept 24 my online status says those fingerprints have been reviewed.  But then I got a notice to appears for a bio appointment Nov 13.  I'm confused why that is and whether I need to go.  I am just seeing this notice because I have ben working out of state.  I have tried calling USCIS, but they keep telling me tier 2 is the only one that can help and they are always too busy to take any more calls. Not sure if I should just do a walk in next week here in Cali where I'm working.  Any advice?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
21 minutes ago, cdherrera said:

I got a notice saying previous fingerprints would be used.  As of Sept 24 my online status says those fingerprints have been reviewed.  But then I got a notice to appears for a bio appointment Nov 13.  I'm confused why that is and whether I need to go. What is the address given on the ASC Appointment notice? I am just seeing this notice because I have ben working out of state. Of little concern to USCIS.  I have tried calling USCIS, but they keep telling me tier 2 is the only one that can help and they are always too busy to take any more calls. Not sure if I should just do a walk in next week here in Cali where I'm working.  Any advice?

Obviously you missed the Nov. 13 appointment. Based upon missing the Nov. 13 appointment notice, USCIS may be considering that you are abandoning your immigration application. As weird as that sounds..... Do you still have the notice that your previous fingerprints would be used? Don't lose it, make several copies of it. You need to contact a Tier 2 rep, now if not sooner. You need to get this resolved quickly before USCIS acts on the Nov. 13 appointment "no show."  If you try a walk-in, be sure to show them a copy of the Nov. 13 appointment and a copy of the other notice about your previous fingerprints being used, to illustrate your dilemma.

:time:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1 hour ago, Pitaya said:

Obviously you missed the Nov. 13 appointment. Based upon missing the Nov. 13 appointment notice, USCIS may be considering that you are abandoning your immigration application. As weird as that sounds..... Do you still have the notice that your previous fingerprints would be used? Don't lose it, make several copies of it. You need to contact a Tier 2 rep, now if not sooner. You need to get this resolved quickly before USCIS acts on the Nov. 13 appointment "no show."  If you try a walk-in, be sure to show them a copy of the Nov. 13 appointment and a copy of the other notice about your previous fingerprints being used, to illustrate your dilemma.

:time:

I read the portion of the appointment notice that said it was considered abandoning the case to not show up, so before I even saw your message I drove down to a local office and they let me come is as a walk in.  I was in and out in ten minutes.  I was a little worried because my appointment is in Texas and I am currently working in California. They said they only reason they were accepting me was because I'm out of state, but otherwise walk ins are not taken anymore. I guess that sorta worked out.. I feel better. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cdherrera said:

I read the portion of the appointment notice that said it was considered abandoning the case to not show up, so before I even saw your message I drove down to a local office and they let me come is as a walk in.  I was in and out in ten minutes.  I was a little worried because my appointment is in Texas and I am currently working in California. They said they only reason they were accepting me was because I'm out of state, but otherwise walk ins are not taken anymore. I guess that sorta worked out.. I feel better. 

Happy that it worked out for you. Unfortunately, I have seen similar folks in similar circumstances where USCIS determined that they had abandoned their case... a real bummer after all that work.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My online status finally correctly states the Nov 14 2019 date for the Fingerprint Review Completed status, as opposed to the original Sept 20 2019 date.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, zilchfox said:

My online status finally correctly states the Nov 14 2019 date for the Fingerprint Review Completed status, as opposed to the original Sept 20 2019 date.

Did you check up with them for Status change or it automatically change?

Coz I submitted on 3/29, received on 4/3 and did biometrics on 5/6. My online update still only says "Your case is received"? Do I need to do anything for this or just let it be.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, vkbruh1114 said:

Did you check up with them for Status change or it automatically change?

Coz I submitted on 3/29, received on 4/3 and did biometrics on 5/6. My online update still only says "Your case is received"? Do I need to do anything for this or just let it be.

I just kept checking each day and it finally changed today, despite being done on 11/14. I filed way back in 03/08, it took then 8 months to even schedule me for biometrics.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, Carlos Ag said:

Hi guys 

My case was received on March 29, and I got my fingerprints take on May. the actual status says ;

As may 10, 2019 we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

havent received any other notification since. 
the office I got is the California center(wac) does anyone have something similar? 

This is almost exactly my case as well.

WAC case, I-751 received on March 27, 2019.

Fingerprint Review completed "As of May 09, 2019".

No updates since, online nor by mail.

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone received more then 1 bio-metrics appointment? We received a waiver of bio-metrics letter for my wife. 2 months later we received we received a bio-metrics letter for my daughter who is 11 years old. We completed my daughters bio-metric appointment. A couple of weeks later a bio-metrics letter came for my wife. Even though we had received a waiver letter just a couple of months earlier. Now we received yet another bio-metrics appointment for my daughter. We still have the original letter with the stamp on it that shows the bio-metrics were given on Oct 9th. Technically she is not even supposed to have to provide bio metric as she is under 14. If I understood correctly. This will be the second time I have had to pull her out of school for the appointment. What the hell is going on at USCIS? This is just sloppy work even by their standards. I guess we will just show up and bring both letters. The one from last time with the stamp and the new one.

Edited by fathom500
AOS

(Day 0) Aug 3, 2016 Mailed K1 and K2's AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

(Day 1) Aug 4, 2016 Fedex tracker shows packet delivered to USCIS in Chicago at 10:27am

(Day 11) Aug 15, 2016 Received text and email acceptance notification at 11:45pm

(Day 18) Aug 22,2016 Received hard-copy NOA 1

(Day 23) Aug 27, 2016 Received biometric appointment letter via US mail.

(Day 33) Sept 6, 2016 Biometrics Complete for both the K1 and K2

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 EAD status changed to "New Card Being Produced".

(Day 102) November 15, 2016 AP status changed to "Approved".

(Day 104) November 17, 2016 EAD status changed to "Card sent via USPS".

(Day 111) November 21, 2016 EAD delivered via USPS.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, vkbruh1114 said:

Hey guys,

I did my fingerprints on May 6th 2019, but still my online status is still showing "Your case was received" EAC number from April 3rd 2019. Should I be worried? As there is no other update from USCIS.

I also went for an INFOPASS appointment after (which was regarding travel, even the officer there mentioned sometimes, online updates are not up to date)

would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Varun

Check with this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do NOT https://myaccount.uscis.gov/. You will see your case's status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ku Mưa said:

Check with this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do NOT https://myaccount.uscis.gov/. You will see your case's status

We just did the biometrics for my spouse, and we can see the review of his fingerprints status on both sites. 🤷‍♂️

Timeline
16 hours ago, Ku Mưa said:

Yes I've checked here, even though my biometrics are done on May 6th 2019, it still says case is recieved dated April 3rd 2019, hence my question.

Do I need to bother about this or just keep waiting.

58 minutes ago, vkbruh1114 said:

Yes I've checked here, even though my biometrics are done on May 6th 2019, it still says case is recieved dated April 3rd 2019, hence my question.

Do I need to bother about this or just keep waiting.

You can call USCIS Customer service: 1 (800) 375-5283 for asking about your case.  They will help you to check your case.

10 hours ago, adam2dot0 said:

We just did the biometrics for my spouse, and we can see the review of his fingerprints status on both sites. 🤷‍♂️

Sometime it will show in old site not in new site. Mine is the same too, it was showed in old website instead of new ones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.