Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,540 posts in this topic

@Greenbaum  & @Sarge2155 

According to my fiance, the officer never requested to see the binder or any of our evidence. So weird. 

I did include in the binder as well as in my initial packet (I-129F) bills/invoices for each of my trips to visit him and his name was included on some of those receipts. I included several pages of pictures of us including some with friends and family members in various places. I wrote on the back of each picture, for example - Trip 1 2/28 - 3/3 Miguel and Stephanie xyz restaurant with Miguel's Mom, cousin and sister etc etc. 

I included documents and receipts for wedding plans as well with both of our names on those invoices. 

I included w2s, tax transcripts, letter from my boss confirming my salary and likelihood of employment. 

I included 30+ pages of messages between him and I, his mom and I, his sister and I, his cousin and I. 

I also included at least 25 pages or more of screenshots of social media posts. Engagement announcements/pictures. 

Those are just a few of the things that were included in my almost 7 pound binder.  :( 

Edited by msrodriguez

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

1 minute ago, msrodriguez said:

@Greenbaum  & @Sarge2155 

According to my fiance, the officer never requested to see the binder or any of our evidence. So weird. 

I did include in the binder as well as in my initial packet (I-129F) bills/invoices for each of my trips to visit him and his name was included on some of those receipts. I included several pages of pictures of us including some with friends and family members in various places. I wrote on the back of each picture, for example - Trip 1 2/28 - 3/3 Miguel and Stephanie xyz restaurant with Miguel's Mom, cousin and sister etc etc. 

I included documents and receipts for wedding plans as well with both of our names on those invoices. 

I included w2s, tax transcripts, letter from my boss confirming my salary and likelihood of employment. 

I included 30+ pages of messages between him and I, his mom and I, his sister and I, his cousin and I. 

I also included at least 25 pages or more of screenshots of social media posts. Engagement announcements/pictures. 

Those are just a few of the things that were included in my almost 7 pound binder.  :( 

Also - they gave him back his passport and told him to send it in with the documents that they requested.  

Just to clarify - Included 3 years of tax transcripts, four years of w2s, the letter from my boss and my tax return from 2018.

Neither of us have ever been married. Neither of us have ever applied for a visa before. 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

1 hour ago, msrodriguez said:

Also - they gave him back his passport and told him to send it in with the documents that they requested.  

Just to clarify - Included 3 years of tax transcripts, four years of w2s, the letter from my boss and my tax return from 2018.

Neither of us have ever been married. Neither of us have ever applied for a visa before. 

Dominican Republic is beginning to be a little more "involved" in their cases. Your not the first that I have heard from who were required to add additional documentation to receive their visa and in the end they did pass and receive a visa. It just takes longer for DR. So remain positive and with patience.

I go back to what I tell most "the man who has the gold gets to make the rules" and you don't have the gold. So put together a neat package with every document they are asking for, create a cover letter with each of the documents listed as a checklist in the order they are within the package. PLEASE DO NOT include MORE then they are asking for. YOU DO NOT want to go there as the added document may open another can of "worms". They are not asking for the kitchen sink, just a few documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Visa in hand and flight book for Friday! ✈️🎊

@msrodriguez hang in there beautiful, it will be okay, you'll see. Have you in my thoughts and prayers ❤️

On 7/1/2019 at 8:49 AM, msrodriguez said:

You'll be ok just like @Greenbaumsaid the DR is getting a little more picky. It's just a slight hick-up is all!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Bikash33 said:

My fiancee has interview this Monday,she has all documents ready but she doesn’t have the original mrv receipt.Does this work ???

Yes

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Visa approved!!!!!! The officer didn't ask many questions nor did he ask for any documents. He just looked through the binder I provided in the original application.

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

1 minute ago, msrodriguez said:

Still waiting...... :( 

I'm here with you still waiting too!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just now, Sarge2155 said:

I'm here with you still waiting too!

the worst... 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys,  congrats to all you!! 

I'm still waitingfor an interview date from U.S. Embassy in Haiti.  

I received packet 3 and sent the requested documents on May 22nd. I'm still waiting for the embassy to send me an interview date. I see some people get a date in 10 to 15 days. 

I email them multiple times,  they said they will notify me as soon as they have the date. 

I'm worried,  what should I do?

what can possibly happen ? Is there any case that never go interviewed? Can the embassy choose not to do the interview? 

Thank you for all the reponses

36 minutes ago, Anna J1920 said:

I received packet 3 and sent the requested documents on May 22nd. I'm still waiting for the embassy to send me an interview date. I see some people get a date in 10 to 15 days. 

I email them multiple times,  they said they will notify me as soon as they have the date. 

what can possibly happen ? Is there any case that never go interviewed? Can the embassy choose not to do the interview? 

Your imagination is getting the best of you. The best thing you can do right now is take a deep breath, a few of them and calm down. Your worry is not going to speed  the process. All you can do at this point is  continue  to wait it out. Of course they are going to conduct the interview when they have an opening.

Citizenship Complete!

2 hours ago, Anna J1920 said:

Answer to your questions. No, No, No, No, No and No. Did you chrck your spam folder? We have seen notifications land there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello All,

I have a question. My fiancee has lived in Chile (for the past 5 years), but was born in Haiti. Will he be needing a police certificate/clearance from Haiti as well? Due to the unrest, it's been difficult trying to contact anyone there. Please help. I'm all ears. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.