Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,540 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mel T said:

My interview was on the 11th, I had gotten a 221 (g) but I finally have my visa today!:D:dance:  

Congratulations!!! What document were you missing to get the 221g?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
Just now, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Congratulations!!! What document were you missing to get the 221g?

Thanks. My fiance's tax transcript was missing. I thought the tax return and W2 were enough but he couldn't find the W2 before he sent the package and I didn't think to check. However on the 221g I was asked for the transcript rather than the W2.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Visa approved! Big thanks to my March family, especially @Greenbaum

You sir were an immense source of knowledge and help. As promised, wedding pics to follow in August! 

Cheers fam ❤️

2 hours ago, Mel T said:

Thanks. My fiance's tax transcript was missing. I thought the tax return and W2 were enough but he couldn't find the W2 before he sent the package and I didn't think to check. However on the 221g I was asked for the transcript rather than the W2.

Most embassies have gone to the requirement of the Tax Transcripts as they can't be forged and they contain all the information they need to adjudicate your case. I believe we will see the request for W2's go to the way side and not be asked in the P3 letters. JMHO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

36 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Most embassies have gone to the requirement of the Tax Transcripts as they can't be forged and they contain all the information they need to adjudicate your case. I believe we will see the request for W2's go to the way side and not be asked in the P3 letters. JMHO.

Yes I agree, until then it's  best to provide both W2s and the transcript to be on the safe side.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yea the lady who took my documents was trying to explain that to me but I was distracted by the fact that I was missing the document:lol:. I think she said they were in the process of switching to accepting tax transcripts. So you are probably right. 

Hi Guys, 

Our interview was this past Monday. Unfortunately, he had to attend alone as I was not able to get time off of work. It has turned into such a mess. He basically panicked at the interview and we got the dreaded 221G. Ugh. They are requesting 5 documents from us. Three of them he had right there in the binder, but his nerves got the best of him. The lady interviewing him did not even ask to see the binder? Anyway, she asked him a ton of questions and at the end she gave him the white paper.  He called me right after the interview and I told him to go back and try to show her the proof, but they would not let him. They told him he had to mail the documents in via MBE. So he went directly to MBE and sent in every single document and photo from our binder (everything but the actual binder!). The documents arrived on Tuesday. I wouldn't be too worried except for the fact that two of the five documents that the Officer requested do not even pertain to a K1 Visa!!!! 

The Officer asked for 1. Joint bank account statements and 2. Bills or Invoices with both of our names listed on them 

That's not even possible!!! I am so stressed out. I have called and emailed and called and emailed and no one will give me any information or explain to me why we are being asked for documents that pertain to a CR1. I am so worried that we will be denied because we did not send in all of the documents that the Officer requested. 

We did include a note with the packet that we sent to the Embassy explaining that we are happy to provide any documentation they request but we simply cannot supply those two documents because we are not married and he does not live here and that is the entire reason we are requesting a K1!!!!! I am feeling so stressed and a little hopeless... 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

:( @Greenbaum @Sarge2155

Edited by msrodriguez

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

15 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

Hi Guys, 

Our interview was this past Monday. Unfortunately, he had to attend alone as I was not able to get time off of work. It has turned into such a mess. He basically panicked at the interview and we got the dreaded 221G. Ugh. They are requesting 5 documents from us. Three of them he had right there in the binder, but his nerves got the best of him. The lady interviewing him did not even ask to see the binder? Anyway, she asked him a ton of questions and at the end she gave him the white paper.  He called me right after the interview and I told him to go back and try to show her the proof, but they would not let him. They told him he had to mail the documents in via MBE. So he went directly to MBE and sent in every single document and photo from our binder (everything but the actual binder!). The documents arrived on Tuesday. I wouldn't be too worried except for the fact that two of the five documents that the Officer requested do not even pertain to a K1 Visa!!!! 

The Officer asked for 1. Joint bank account statements and 2. Bills or Invoices with both of our names listed on them 

That's not even possible!!! I am so stressed out. I have called and emailed and called and emailed and no one will give me any information or explain to me why we are being asked for documents that pertain to a CR1. I am so worried that we will be denied because we did not send in all of the documents that the Officer requested. 

We did include a note with the packet that we sent to the Embassy explaining that we are happy to provide any documentation they request but we simply cannot supply those two documents because we are not married and he does not live here and that is the entire reason we are requesting a K1!!!!! I am feeling so stressed and a little hopeless... 

The CO is allowed to ask for anything that they need whether it pertains to a K-1 or not. Their job is to review the materials that you are presenting to determine that you have a bonafide relationship and not perpetuating a fraud. It's your responsibility to prove to the CO without a doubt that you are in a relationship and any document that can help either prove this to be true or not can be required of you. 

I say and tell this to many "the man with the gold gets to make the rules". In this case the gold = visa.

You both need to relax and take a deep breath. All you have to do is produce those 5 documents and they will finish adjudicating your case. Calling and emailing over and over is not going to get you anywhere but sending in the requested documents will.

Now lets hope that the 3 documents you sent in and you are missing 2 that they don't get the idea that you can't produce the others and they adjudicate your case to a final decision and you are denied. That's why I say slow down. Put together one package with all the documents requested, include a cover letter and the 221(g) and send it in. All in one neat submission.

I wish you the best.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The CO is allowed to ask for anything that they need whether it pertains to a K-1 or not. Their job is to review the materials that you are presenting to determine that you have a bonafide relationship and not perpetuating a fraud. It's your responsibility to prove to the CO without a doubt that you are in a relationship and any document that can help either prove this to be true or not can be required of you. 

I say and tell this to many "the man with the gold gets to make the rules". In this case the gold = visa.

You both need to relax and take a deep breath. All you have to do is produce those 5 documents and they will finish adjudicating your case. Calling and emailing over and over is not going to get you anywhere but sending in the requested documents will.

Now lets hope that the 3 documents you sent in and you are missing 2 that they don't get the idea that you can't produce the others and they adjudicate your case to a final decision and you are denied. That's why I say slow down. Put together one package with all the documents requested, include a cover letter and the 221(g) and send it in. All in one neat submission.

I wish you the best.

Thank you, but how can I possibly produce those documents when we are not married, we do not live together and we do not live in the same country?  That's basically setting us up to be denied and that is not acceptable. :(

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, SanjaAlex said:

Visa approved! Big thanks to my March family, especially @Greenbaum

You sir were an immense source of knowledge and help. As promised, wedding pics to follow in August! 

Cheers fam ❤️

Congrats hun!!! Cant wait to see the photos poor greenbaum is going to tear his hair out when we all start to post lol

1 hour ago, msrodriguez said:

Hi Guys, 

Ok let me give my two cents worth. I'm not even going to attempt to tell you to relax because I feel you; however, cooler heads would prevail enough said on that. Let's break this down: Did your fiance send you the 221g and did you see it? What actually did it say? What were the questions they asked him? Knowing some of the questions they asked him might give you a basis on why they are asking for the documents they are asking for. You stated that your fiance has already answered and sent in the forms and a letter to the embassy, not sure that was wise to do that fast especially if you did not see the 221g with your own eyes.

Bills and invoices surely when you went to visit your fiance you ate out at a restaurant, that would be a bill and invoice. Did you stay at a hotel together that too is a bill and invoice anything that you did together when you went to visit him  should have included both names on the receipt, bill and or invoice. Did you not include any of those in your initial petition?

Joint bank account I'm with you on that one not sure why they would ask for that when your fiance has never been to states has he? No way you can produce that one you are correct. I'm almost positive a bank in the states would not let you put him on your account without proper ID and not residing in the states. This is the reason I asked what questions they asked your fiance. I hate to say it but possibly during the line of questioning the CO got suspicious of something, perhaps asking for the joint bank account was a means to trip your fiance up, because I would think that the CO would know full well that you would not posses a joint bank account at this stage in the immigration process, again I am only speculating.

If he has already sent in the documents less the two you mentioned I am not sure what really you can do now other than hope for the best, but if you have invoices and bills since I gave you a clearer picture of what you can use then you might have to send those in also with a cover letter.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

@msrodriguezdid they keep your fiance's passport or did they return it?

Citizenship Complete!

1 hour ago, msrodriguez said:

Thank you, but how can I possibly produce those documents when we are not married, we do not live together and we do not live in the same country?  That's basically setting us up to be denied and that is not acceptable. :(

When you send back your documents with a cover letter include in the letter that you are not married and so you have not begun to co-mingle your assets. "Co-mingle" is a word that they use and understand so use it in your answer. I continue, also point out that when he arrives that you will secure a SSN for him and at that time you will put him on your bank account, charge cards, rental agreement, utilities, house mortgage etc. We will complete the marriage process and submit the AOS package within the first 90 days. This activity is based on what was contained in the 221(g) which I have not seen so I can only shoot into darkness. Produce a picture of that here with your personal information blocked out and Sarge and I can help you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

I just came out from the interview and... yes! We got approved!!!!!!!!

Send my biggest thanks to each and every of you here for your generous support and especially @Greenbaum, you made things way easier. I cant thank you enough. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.