Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, AOK said:

Just got notified that my interview has been scheduled!!! Only 5 days ago it updated to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” and now it has been scheduled! Just waiting for the letter now with the date on it. In other people’s experience how far out do they usually schedule the interviews, like when should I expect it to be - is it usually about a month away or can it be longer? I still haven’t got my EAD/AP so very very excited at the GC interview is coming up! 

I think it's usually about 1-2 months away. Mine was scheduled on May 15th (it's when the status changed online), interview was on June 24th

1 hour ago, Ghadji said:

Hi!

I am not a March Filer but I am a May one.

I had a question for those who have already had their interviews.

Our interview is 9/10 and we are adjusting from K1 and on the interview form it says to bring I-693 (medical form) unless previously submitted,

When my husband arrived in America the port of entry officer took all his medical forms and did not give anything back to him, so we are worried we are missing something.

Do we need to go and have another medical exam done here in the US before his interview, or did the port of entry already submit his I-693 when he took the sealed packet?

What did any other K visa adjusters do for this form for the interview?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Did you submit anything proving your medical/vaccinations with your AOS packet? Did you get a copy of your DS-3025 (vaccination records) at your actual medical? As far as I know either a DS3025 or I-693 is supposed to be submitted with AOS packet, but maybe I'm incorrect and bringing it to the interview is fine seeing as you were not RFEd.

In a nutshell, yes I believe you will need one of those. DS3025 if it shows all vaccinations are complete (which you should/could have received at medical separate from sealed envelope, if not you should try contacting them), or I-693 if vax weren't complete (in this case you would have to see a civil surgeon here to have that form completed). I could be off on a few details so hopefully others will weigh in as well. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

2 hours ago, Ghadji said:

Hi!

I am not a March Filer but I am a May one.

I had a question for those who have already had their interviews.

Our interview is 9/10 and we are adjusting from K1 and on the interview form it says to bring I-693 (medical form) unless previously submitted,

When my husband arrived in America the port of entry officer took all his medical forms and did not give anything back to him, so we are worried we are missing something.

Do we need to go and have another medical exam done here in the US before his interview, or did the port of entry already submit his I-693 when he took the sealed packet?

What did any other K visa adjusters do for this form for the interview?

Any help is appreciated! :)

It depends. Basically, K1 don't need to do I-693 here in the US, as long as their medical in their home country was complete. So did he get all the mandatory vaccinations back home already? Does he have a copy of DS3025 from his medical? It should show on there. 

E.g. my medical was complete with all the vaccinations back home, so I just had to submit the sealed embassy envelope at the port of entry. I have a copy of DS3025 for my own reference and I included a copy of it in the AOS package just in case but it is not necessary as they should get the same thing and more in the sealed envelope. No need to do anything else. I already had my interview and no one asked about it.

Edit: official istructions:1408249942_ScreenShot2019-08-05at10_34_27.thumb.png.99343f17cc3ae1aa12329254615679d5.png 

Edited by Michaela K.
added picture

Guys i was approved but they dint have my medical exams, if i dint find a copy they will ask me for another one i am k1 and that was even less than  a year i am so angry and frustrated :(

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

Guys i was approved but they dint have my medical exams, if i dint find a copy they will ask me for another one i am k1 and that was even less than  a year i am so angry and frustrated :(

Congratulations! How did it go? What questions were you asked?

And I hope they will find your medical as soon as possible. Don’t you have a copy of it?

They dint give a copy just the vaccination sheet and then sealed envelopessss

Sorry i will answer later i am just feeling bad and sad and God always i thing with this process

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, Cheschirecat said:

Also, our case has been updated as of 7/31 to case ready to schedule for interview  

He got his SS card today! Yippee!! 

44 minutes ago, Romei said:

Ok thanks 

Okay, I just hung up the phone. An extremely rude Tier2 woman called me back. She said she see that I requested an inquiry online yesterday but she doesn't know why because my case is not out or processing time. I was like "what are you talking about? I'm holding my NOA letter in my hand and my PD is March 6". She started to argue with me and said my Noa for the EAD is March 11. I told her that I'm looking at the website and even the egov. site says March 6. She said they have extremely high inquiry now so she can't do anything. I asked if my AOS package is already signed to an officer or is it at the basement somewhere and she said my field office hasn't sign my AOS to anyone yet.

Great, great, great...

1 minute ago, Gigi2017 said:

Okay, I just hung up the phone. An extremely rude Tier2 woman called me back. She said she see that I requested an inquiry online yesterday but she doesn't know why because my case is not out or processing time. I was like "what are you talking about? I'm holding my NOA letter in my hand and my PD is March 6". She started to argue with me and said my Noa for the EAD is March 11. I told her that I'm looking at the website and even the egov. site says March 6. She said they have extremely high inquiry now so she can't do anything. I asked if my AOS package is already signed to an officer or is it at the basement somewhere and she said my field office hasn't sign my AOS to anyone yet.

Great, great, great...

This is ridiculous , what are they trying to prove? Goddd , makes me more mad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.