Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Who did you call and what did you say? I’m at 119 days but we’ve called to ask about expediting and they just say we don’t qualify. What exactly did you do and who did you talk to!? We are desperate to get the AP in the next six weeks ugh. It seems impossible. We cannot even get them to answer today!!

Has anyone successfully called and spoke to an operator at USCIS today!?! This is so frustrating. 

I did not expedite mine. I just called them atleast 8times last week. And no one really answer. So, inquire online. Asking them why is it that my EAD status hasnt change yet 5months since I applied for AoS and 3 months after I did my bimoetrics. I receive email from them last Saturday saying that i did not apply for online case. But last monday they change my status. 

Edited by FemmeFatal

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

Timeline
13 hours ago, IandM1123 said:

Hi, how did you do the online inquiry?

Do you have an account on their new website? Myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov 

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

13 hours ago, Rylee said:

Hi March filers! Hope all is well for you guys :) I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseum already, but I'm doing a final look at our documentation to prove our bonafide relationship for our interview on Thursday. I was feeling good about it, but now that it's getting closer, I'm starting to worry we don't have a compelling case. We have:
- Lease agreement with our names on it
- Lease addendum for the puppy we adopted (& papers from the vet)
- Joint health insurance

- Joint checking account

- My credit card account with him as an authorized user

- Wedding certificate
- Weekend trips together (train tickets, hotel bookings, concert tickets)
- Plenty of photos together, text messages, etc.
- Also it's a stretch, but I was actually on Say Yes to the Dress and we'll be planning a *proper* wedding with that dress once we get the GC. Would I be able to use that?

Can you guys think of anything else to include or am I worrying over nothing lol?

Hi, we had similar items like you. In addition to that, we had each other as beneficiaries on our life insurances, his 401K.

We're planning a "proper wedding" next year as well so we had contracts with some vendors we already booked, contract from our save the dates photo session.

If you have utility, phone or internet bills with both of your names, you can bring those. If you have renter's insurance with both names, you can bring that.

Also, you can bring any mail addressed to him with your address on it showing he really lives there (I brought a mail from SS office, USPS, macys and some other stores I ordered from.)

In addition to photos, I made screenshots of any facebook/instagram posts where his family tagged me or us with comments, text messages with his mom/sister - I personally think that shows much more than just photos.

If you have also dental/vision insurance, bring those. Pretty much anything you can think of.

I think you will be fine but if you have/can get more stuff, it's always better to bring it and not need it than the other way. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

Hi, we had similar items like you. In addition to that, we had each other as beneficiaries on our life insurances, his 401K.

We're planning a "proper wedding" next year as well so we had contracts with some vendors we already booked, contract from our save the dates photo session.

If you have utility, phone or internet bills with both of your names, you can bring those. If you have renter's insurance with both names, you can bring that.

Also, you can bring any mail addressed to him with your address on it showing he really lives there (I brought a mail from SS office, USPS, macys and some other stores I ordered from.)

In addition to photos, I made screenshots of any facebook/instagram posts where his family tagged me or us with comments, text messages with his mom/sister - I personally think that shows much more than just photos.

If you have also dental/vision insurance, bring those. Pretty much anything you can think of.

I think you will be fine but if you have/can get more stuff, it's always better to bring it and not need it than the other way. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to type that up, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately most of that isn't available/doesn't apply to us, except mail addressed to him and beneficiary on my 401k. 😓 I do like the idea of the conversations with his family and vice versa, I'll definitely do that.

I'm so glad your Adjustment of Status got approved -- thank you for your advice!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rylee said:

Unfortunately most of that isn't available/doesn't apply to us, except mail addressed to him and beneficiary on my 401k. 😓 I do like the idea of the conversations with his family and vice versa, I'll definitely do that.

I'm so glad your Adjustment of Status got approved -- thank you for your advice!

When is your interview? 

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Rylee said:

Tomorrow at 10:30

Let us know how it goes!

Our's is next week. Good luck!!

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

4 hours ago, Rylee said:

We were approved during our interview this morning. The officer took wedding cards addressed to us, another copy of our marriage certificate and his I-94, proof of joint checking and savings, beneficiary documentation for medical/dental and my IRAs, proof of CC authorized user and about 20 various photos from wedding and travel with friends and family. We were interviewed together, only asked how we met and how our parents felt about the relationship. Done in about 10 minutes. 

Best of luck!

We had our interview this morning at the Wichita field office. The officer seemed to want a State ID in addition to my husband’s passport, but everything else went smoothly. They went through our application, and asked us each other’s birth dates, our address, how we met, and how long we had been together. They then kept our evidence (joint bank statement, spouse as beneficiary on AD&D and retirement savings account, flight confirmations, Airbnb confirmations, evidence for our upcoming wedding celebration with family and friends, etc). The officer recommended our case for approval. Case status just changed to ‘New Card is Being Produced.’ Was out it in about 30 minutes. Overall, we had a good and relatively stress-free experience. 🙂

Timeline
9 hours ago, FemmeFatal said:

Do you have an account on their new website? Myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov 

Yes I do. Do I hit 'send us a message' under Resources? 

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, cjelie said:

We were approved during our interview this morning. The officer took wedding cards addressed to us, another copy of our marriage certificate and his I-94, proof of joint checking and savings, beneficiary documentation for medical/dental and my IRAs, proof of CC authorized user and about 20 various photos from wedding and travel with friends and family. We were interviewed together, only asked how we met and how our parents felt about the relationship. Done in about 10 minutes. 

Best of luck!

Congratulations! So happy for you two!

Hi everyone, 

so I received a job offer today for an on-call position at my wife’s college. I was just wondering what the best way to try and expedite my case would be? Any phone numbers/preferred methods others have tried? Any help would be much appreciated. I have never had to contact anyone during the whole K1 process, I have been very lucky so far. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Becksnjessie said:

Hi everyone, 

so I received a job offer today for an on-call position at my wife’s college. I was just wondering what the best way to try and expedite my case would be? Any phone numbers/preferred methods others have tried? Any help would be much appreciated. I have never had to contact anyone during the whole K1 process, I have been very lucky so far. 

A job offer isn’t enough anymore , your circumstances need to be severe in order to get your case expedited.

I had a job offer and my husband lost his job and they still rejected it. I still haven’t received a ssn because immigration  didn’t tick a box when I entered the country so I still can’t get health insurance/open a bank account , still rejected. 

Still worth a try though +1-800-375-5283 give them you’re receipt number at the  top of your I-765 form. 

22 hours ago, Rylee said:

You're welcome and thank you! I think 401k beneficiary is valuable too because it shows an asset that has both of you on it. The mail addressed to him may seem silly and not that significant but the officer took all of it from us and you never know, it may help. Definitely doesn't hurt anything.

Also, our officer asked about car ownership/insurance in both names, which we didn't have. And he said when it comes to the evidence, it's better to see something from the whole period of marriage and not just one month prior to the interview. That people just grab bills from their counter that month instead of collecting it the whole time. So if you do the conversations or any bills/statements, try to bring one from each month or every other month to show consistency I guess. He didn't say it's bad to have something just from one month, but it makes their decision easier I think. 

Otherwise, don't worry. We had lots of stuff and I felt so nervous and worried that we don't have enough anyway. I think it's normal! I saw some people bringing much less to the interview and they got approved without any problem.

Edit: Just saw your interview is today, good luck!

Edited by Michaela K.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.