Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

Okay, great! Thank you! I am a huge stress head and I can’t stop thinking about it. I went in an hour later to give my vaccination records and I handed it to the main desk in person but I have all these ‘what if she doesn’t give it to the officer’ questions in my head. I keep thinking of worse case scenarios 😂😂😂. I’m going to have a nice cup of tea and head to the gym to distract myself

So did she give you guys an RFE?

So far no, she didn’t really gave us an answer, she said she will review it again and maybe she will approve it or she will send us a letter asking for more evidence. So it’s up in the air hahaha. So frustrating.

I also want to know why he said he doesn’t need my husband to come in with me. He just sat outside waiting for me 😂😂😂

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Just now, Pengunista said:

So far no, she didn’t really gave us an answer, she said she will review it again and maybe she will approve it or she will send us a letter asking for more evidence. So it’s up in the air hahaha. So frustrating.

I hope she approves you! Try and get your names on as much as possible together. If you need to join a club or a gym with both your names on the membership then that would be good too. I think you’ll be fine though 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sailormooon said:

I hope she approves you! Try and get your names on as much as possible together. If you need to join a club or a gym with both your names on the membership then that would be good too. I think you’ll be fine though 

Yeah I hope so too, I’m so ready for this to be over hehe, at least for now coz I know in two years I have to tackle the ROC.  I’m just tired collecting documents to show them haha.  From the time I sent our AOS, the only hiccup was I have to redo my biometrics, other than that it was smooth sailing, no RFE or RFIE, so we went to the interview feeling confident, I mean nervous but confident about our relationship.  Thank you for the vote of confidence hehe. And yes, we will try to add my name to other stuff, we talked to my mother in law and asked if we can put our names on the utility bills.  She talked about health insurance, but we told her my husband can’t add me until November of this year when the open enrollment time is.  I will let you know what the outcome is as soon as I get an update. Enjoy the gym and good luck. 

16 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

FWIW, I think the official USCIS time ranges are based on when about 50% of cases are done by for the low end and about 90% for the high end; they're very conservative. And for various reasons K-1 AOS times reported here usually are faster than the estimated time range at their field office.

As much as people say that USCIS estimates are more accurate than VJ, for us it worked out the other way. USCIS estimate for our local field office has been 7-22.5 months, while VJ has been showing around 4 months. I looked at averages for our office and also recent individual cases. Our interview is scheduled and we're in the 4 months time range so exactly what VJ shows, but almost 1/2 what USCIS shows. Let's hope it'll go faster than they say for everyone!

1 minute ago, Sailormooon said:

CASE UPDATED!!!!! NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED!!!!!!! WOHOOOO IM SCREAMINGGGGGG

Congratulations! You must be so relieved :)

Filed & Mailed I-129f:                           13th Feb. 2018

Packet Delivered:                                  16th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Text & Email:                               20th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Hard copy Received:                  24th Feb. 2018

I filed adjustment of statues for my birth father 2 and half months ago (03/18/19) and today he was approved for his green card, I was shocked to find out they just approved him without interview or anything else. We thought he was going to be approved first I-751 and between 6 months or more his green card. Very good news 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, paulsquare said:

image.png.2ca6e3bc3fd6fd423423262d33b288bd.png

Finally! Status changed yesterday! Pittsburgh filer.

Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. Hopefully mine will update in few days.

So what’s the next step after the green card? Is it valid for two years?

1 minute ago, Pengunista said:

Yes it is. Do you know the ROC? Removal of condition

Oh yes! And is that a green card for 10 years? When can we apply to become a US citizen?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sailormooon said:

Oh yes! And is that a green card for 10 years? When can we apply to become a US citizen?

Yes it’s for them to give you 10 years green card. You’ll have to file I-751 90 days before your two years green card expires. You can apply for Citizenship 3 years from the time you got your green card, I think. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.