JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, waiver_req said:

Be aware this may backfire. I would suggest check with an attorney first

It could be, who knows...

I did check with my attorney before doing it, she thought it could be helpful. 

2 hours ago, waiver_req said:

Be aware this may backfire. I would suggest check with an attorney first

You can read through USCIS former adjudicator Q&A at https://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a/

Search for "congressional inquiry". Getting the house representatives or senators involved can be an appropriate action for cases that are overdue.

Hi I confirmed that DOS received my documents for J1 waiver on Sept. 6 from the fedex tracking. I called emabassy and they confirmed they sent NOC to DOS at Sept. 6. I received my copy of NOC after Sept. 20 from the embassy. However the DOS was not updating their website, so I email them 10 days ago and today they replied they didn't receive NOC yet. I contacted embassy and they said they will fax it again. My question is that ok if embassy fax it to DOS or they need to mail it using a tracking system? Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA.

1 minute ago, AN204 said:

Hi I confirmed that DOS received my documents for J1 waiver on Sept. 6 from the fedex tracking. I called emabassy and they confirmed they sent NOC to DOS at Sept. 6. I received my copy of NOC after Sept. 20 from the embassy. However the DOS was not updating their website, so I email them 10 days ago and today they replied they didn't receive NOC yet. I contacted embassy and they said they will fax it again. My question is that ok if embassy fax it to DOS or they need to mail it using a tracking system? Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA.

DoS advice you should wait at least a month before checking. I guess a month from Sept 6 is still a couple of days away.

3 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

DoS advice you should wait at least a month before checking. I guess a month from Sept 6 is still a couple of days away.

3 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

Thats not the concern. DOS reply back my email and said they didn't received the NOC from my embassy yet, thats why they are not updating the case. Although embassy sent it on Sept. 6. So my question is can my embassy fax the NOC to DOS?

Just now, AN204 said:

No, nothing is updated.

That also confirms my initial comment. When I sent my application in August. It arrived in Missouri on the 6th, DoS cashed the check on the 7th. Embassy sent NOC electronically on August 7th. The first update came on August 27th without my NOC despite being sent on August 7th. I believe before they update your NOC, they will update your application 1st.

My NOC was updated on August 28 a day after.

Give a week more before you panic.

4 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

That also confirms my initial comment. When I sent my application in August. It arrived in Missouri on the 6th, DoS cashed the check on the 7th. Embassy sent NOC electronically on August 7th. The first update came on August 27th without my NOC despite being sent on August 7th. I believe before they update your NOC, they will update your application 1st.

My NOC was updated on August 28 a day after.

Give a week more before you panic.

Thank you. Will update here.

1 minute ago, j1waiver2019 said:

Finally DOS has sent favourable recommendations today.

Here is the timeline for DOS. Hopr it help others

Item                                                 Action                           Date
Recommendation                          Sent                             October, 03 2019
Request for Sponsor Views        Sent                               September, 04 2019
Sponsor Views                             Received                        September, 03 2019
No Objection Statement             Received                       June, 30 2019
Fee                                                 Received                        June, 13 2019
Form DS-3035                              Received                       June, 13 2019
Form DS-2019                              Received                       June, 13 2019
Passport Data Page                    Received                       June, 13 2019
Statement Of Reason                 Received                        June, 13 2019

2 hours ago, Abayomi said:

Hey guys. Has anyone got any new notice recently. It's like everything just went silent at DoS. My document status has been updated since August 28 and nothing has changed since then.

Any news of the latest trend.

My last update was September 24 with a fav recommendation. I still didn’t receive a USCIS receipt for the waiver.

I tried calling USCIS to get my receipt number, and the attendant asked me to wait in line, and went silent for one full hour, at which point I hung up the call... 

I will try calling USCIS again this week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.