JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Bogie said:

So that means my lawyer dnt kno what the hell dem doing. They keep messing with 

You should follow up with your country's embassy. On the initial DS-3035 packet, there is a barcode page that needs to be sent to your embassy. Make sure that they have received that page along with any necessary documentations that your embassy needs. 

2 minutes ago, PK_ said:

You should follow up with your country's embassy. On the initial DS-3035 packet, there is a barcode page that needs to be sent to your embassy. Make sure that they have received that page along with any necessary documentations that your embassy needs. 

What if i take my case from my lawyer how much will it cost mi for u guys to do it.i already have my i130 approved 

2 hours ago, Bogie said:

What if i take my case from my lawyer how much will it cost mi for u guys to do it.i already have my i130 approved 

For DOS, there are no additional fees beyond the initial fees at the beginning of the process. Your embassy may charge some fees to produce the no objection statement. Overall, it's up to you.

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I want to thank this group to help me to deal with my stress and anxiety! I have been following the group since the beginning of the year... only getting ready for my process.

The DOS received all my docs, including the No objection statement (based on Brazilian government funding) on August 28th (I submitted on August 2nd). I will complete 11 weeks waiting for my favorable recommendation in the next Wednesday. And I am freaking out! I reviewed all messages of this forum today and most of people got the FR in less than 3 months. Should I send a inquiry in two weeks, when I will complete 12 weeks of process (since the update docs)?

Edited by WaiverBR

Timeline
4 minutes ago, WaiverBR said:

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I want to thank this group to help me to deal with my stress and anxiety! I have been following the group since the beginning of the year... only getting ready for my process.

The DOS received all my docs, including the No objection statement (based on Brazilian government funding) on August 28th (I submitted on August 2nd). I will complete 11 weeks waiting for my favorable recommendation in the next Wednesday. And I am freaking out! I reviewed all messages of this forum today and most of people got the FR in less than 3 months. Should I send a inquiry in two weeks, when I will complete 12 weeks of process (since the update docs)?

Same here amigo, sent the documents mid September, only appeared on their system beginning of October, NoS was sent/received, but still waiting. Osso...

4 minutes ago, WaiverBR said:

Hi Everyone!

You can open an inquiry when your case completes 16 weeks after they receive your NoS.

My case has been pending for 17 weeks now. I opened an inquiry last week, but they haven't replied to me yet. 

13 minutes ago, nelsonspbr said:

Same here amigo, sent the documents mid September, only appeared on their system beginning of October, NoS was sent/received, but still waiting. Osso...

So interesting, I am not Brazilian but I live in Brazil. I believe you are in the US with either FAPESP or CNPq. I do not have any government funding from Brazil. Interesting, I was not subject to the 2 year rule until I asked for an advisory opinion and Dos changed my skill code due to the name of my research unit and made me subject to the 2 year rule based on skills code.

Application was received August 6, cheque cashed August 7, Brazilian embassy in DC sent NOS on August 7, first update was August 27 and NOS updated on August 28. Since then, it has been showing pending and I am also worried but sending a inquiry now will only come with a response that it is still within normal time.

I am even more worried because, I believe my case should be straight forward because 1.) I was not subject to the 2 year rule 2.) I asked for advisory opinion and I was subject to it based on skills list. Showing DoS has probably done all necessary research on my case during the advisory opinion and should be able to make a conclusion faster.

But I think we should just wait until 16 weeks probably and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Abayomi said:

So interesting, I am not Brazilian but I live in Brazil. I believe you are in the US with either FAPESP or CNPq. I do not have any government funding from Brazil. Interesting, I was not subject to the 2 year rule until I asked for an advisory opinion and Dos changed my skill code due to the name of my research unit and made me subject to the 2 year rule based on skills code.

Application was received August 6, cheque cashed August 7, Brazilian embassy in DC sent NOS on August 7, first update was August 27 and NOS updated on August 28. Since then, it has been showing pending and I am also worried but sending a inquiry now will only come with a response that it is still within normal time.

I am even more worried because, I believe my case should be straight forward because 1.) I was not subject to the 2 year rule 2.) I asked for advisory opinion and I was subject to it based on skills list. Showing DoS has probably done all necessary research on my case during the advisory opinion and should be able to make a conclusion faster.

But I think we should just wait until 16 weeks probably and hope for the best.

Thank you @Abayomi! We have the exactly same timeline! Hope we get good news soon! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hi All,

I have applied for J1 waiver (No objection). I sent my documents on September 9. These were updated as received on Oct 1. 

My embassy sent NOS to DOS on September 26. It has been more than a month and I am still waiting for the NOS update. 

Is there anyone in same situation?  

Thanks in advance!

Got my I-797C notice from USCIS, and I am waiting for the final approval notice from USCIS. The forum really helps me a lot and share my timeline here: 

Background: J-1 post-doc since 2017, programs with no government funding 

Reason to apply for waiver: change status to H1B (approved, consular processing)

Home Embassy: 

2019-07-17: filed petition for no objection statement

2019-10-02: embassy sent out no objection letter to DOS

DOS: 

2019-07-17: sent out application documents via USPS Priority Express (overnight)

2019-07-18: package arrived at DOS office via tracking number 

2019-07-22: checked being cashed

2019-07-31: DOS status updated received fee, DS2019, DS3035, passport page, statement of reason

2019-10-28: DOS status updated received No Objection Statement — 4 weeks after home embassy sent the letter

2019-10-31: DOS status updated recommendation letter sent

2019-11-08: received recommendation letter copy in my mail box -- normal stamp 

USCIS:

2019-11-12 morning: call USCIS at 800-375-5283 to check receipt number -- give your full name, A-number/SSN, date of birth, current address, mention filed I-612 form. The agent suggested to call them between 8 am to 11 am ET and asked for tier 2 officer for help. Call them one week after DOS sent out the FR. 

2019-11-12 afternoon: received the I-797C in my mail box. case was received on 2019-11-07 and process at another office in USCIS.

Good luck to everyone ! 

13 minutes ago, WAIVER_2019 said:

Got my I-797C notice from USCIS, and I am waiting for the final approval notice from USCIS. The forum really helps me a lot and share my timeline here: 

Background: J-1 post-doc since 2017, programs with no government funding 

Reason to apply for waiver: change status to H1B (approved, consular processing)

Home Embassy: 

2019-07-17: filed petition for no objection statement

2019-10-02: embassy sent out no objection letter to DOS

DOS: 

2019-07-17: sent out application documents via USPS Priority Express (overnight)

2019-07-18: package arrived at DOS office via tracking number 

2019-07-22: checked being cashed

2019-07-31: DOS status updated received fee, DS2019, DS3035, passport page, statement of reason

2019-10-28: DOS status updated received No Objection Statement — 4 weeks after home embassy sent the letter

2019-10-31: DOS status updated recommendation letter sent

2019-11-08: received recommendation letter copy in my mail box -- normal stamp 

USCIS:

2019-11-12 morning: call USCIS at 800-375-5283 to check receipt number -- give your full name, A-number/SSN, date of birth, current address, mention filed I-612 form. The agent suggested to call them between 8 am to 11 am ET and asked for tier 2 officer for help. Call them one week after DOS sent out the FR. 

2019-11-12 afternoon: received the I-797C in my mail box. case was received on 2019-11-07 and process at another office in USCIS.

Good luck to everyone ! 

My embassy sent NOS on September 26, 2019. This is similar to you. I am still waiting for NOS update. I am worried if DOS missed by NOS ☹️.  

2 minutes ago, BL_07 said:

My embassy sent NOS on September 26, 2019. This is similar to you. I am still waiting for NOS update. I am worried if DOS missed by NOS ☹️.  

You can try to contact your embassy to check. I was also worried that they lost my NOS back then. I contacted my embassy and also DOS. But haven't got any response. From 2019-09-16 to 2019-11-14 is a long time though. I suggest you contact DOS to check. Also, did you apply for advisory opinion before? if you have another case number, DOS will link your application to your old case number. Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.