JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mrkz said:

you can call uscis and ask for your case number, usually it takes 4 days for them to receive the docs from DoS. 

If anybody is struggling with getting fav recommendation from DoS, it could make it faster if you email them and come up with some excuse for expedition.

Thank you for your quick reply. I received the hard of DOS favorable recommendation on October 25 and found they sent the fav recommendation to USCIS vermont service center on October 21. Can you tell me what will be the best number to reach vermont service center. Thank you so much.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:14 PM, J1visa said:

Congrats!! and thank you so much for sharing with us your process timeline. Omg! Your post has been so helpful. Did you already received the Favorable recommendation in your mail? 

I am just in the NOS received step... it's been 3 months now and with so many questions about what goes next for the adjustment of status.

Thank you, J1visa :) I am glad my post is helpful as many posts here were very helpful when I was awaiting for updates from both DOS and USCIS.

Do you believe that I NEVER got the hard copy of the Favorable Recommendation from DOS??!!! (so crazy, right...)

Anyway, on 10/28 I received the NOA from USCIS in my mail box, however, my first name was still misspelled. On 10/30, myaccount.uscis was updated to "Name Was Corrected", and then on 10/31 it was updated to "Case was Approved". Today I received another NOA with my correct first name. 

I can say that the whole process took exactly 4 months from the time I sent my documents to DOS via FedEx to receiving the NOA in my mail box.

Good luck with your case, very soon you will be receiving new and favorable updates from DOS and USCIS!!! 🤗

3 hours ago, LauCC said:

Hi !! Anyone with a successful result for a no objection waiver with gov funding from the residence country? 

thanks!

That is exactly my case. Beyond the “ordinary”, The DoS sent a sponsor view request to the agency that was managing my scholarship here in the US, to which the agency sent a favorable response to the DoS. After they had received such sponsor view, it took the DoS a couple of days to issue the favorable recommendation to USCIS, which then approved the waiver. 
if this sponsor agency is Fulbright, you may be out of luck since they hardly send a favorable view, otherwise speak to your agency and see what they need from you to send such favorable response. 

1 hour ago, waiver_req said:

That is exactly my case. Beyond the “ordinary”, The DoS sent a sponsor view request to the agency that was managing my scholarship here in the US, to which the agency sent a favorable response to the DoS. After they had received such sponsor view, it took the DoS a couple of days to issue the favorable recommendation to USCIS, which then approved the waiver. 
if this sponsor agency is Fulbright, you may be out of luck since they hardly send a favorable view, otherwise speak to your agency and see what they need from you to send such favorable response. 

HI, thanks for your reply... roughly how long did it take the whole process in total? It's not a Fulbright scholarship :)

12 minutes ago, Aana said:

Hello Guys,

my timeline, just for your help. Thanks and good luck. My waiver was based on two year residency on fullbright scholarship.

AD0F0040-0D4B-4E98-96D4-E2AA9E7630F5.jpeg

Hi! Thanks for sharing! May I ask why did it take so long?! A year and a half! Was anything missing? Or that’s the “usual” processing time for these cases?

We have just got favorable recommendation for a simple no-objection letter case. Here is our DOS timeline.

image.thumb.png.358c67b8dae4fef23f4f32017b1d1c89.png

2019-05-19 - Generated DS-3035 packet

2019-05-24 - Dropped USPS Priority flat rate envelope package off

2019-05-26 - USPS Package got delivered to the PO Box

2019-05-29 - Money Order was cashed

2019-06-19 - DOS status page showed items received

2019-10-03 - Embassy sent the no objection letter

2019-10-20 - No objection statement received

2019-11-05 - Favorable Recommendation sent to USCIS

48 minutes ago, Bogie said:

My documents was received on April 24 2019 until now it still saying pending anyone kno why its get frustrating 

Do they have all of the required documents? You can send them an email to ask for the status of your file. 

3 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Yes they have everything 

Screenshot_20191106-141416_Chrome.jpg

The top corner of your case says "no objection", so they need the no objection letter from your country's embassy. They will not start processing your case without it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.