JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Finally this stressful journey ends for me. USCIS case status website still shows case accepted by lockbox but I got email from myaccount dhs website and my case was approved on Sept 17. 

Final timeline: 

July 1: sent packages to DoS and my embassy with usps overnight.

July 8: Embassy sent NoS

July 16: DoS website shows first data, everything received except NOS

July 18: NOS updated

August 15: DoS favorable recommendation 

September 3: received DoS letter in mailbox

September 4: USCIS lockbox accepted my case and it was received at another USCIC office.

September 10: USCIS receipt notice in mailbox 

September 17: case was approved.

Process was mostly smooth for me except for unnecessary delay of DoS in sending my case to USCIS. 

On no. I am so sorry for you. this is my first time to see this.

Did you get approval letter from USCIS and then get this notice again?

How come they gave you approval and then went back to reopen your case?

4 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Yep, that means they’re gonna reject it and the approval was a mistake :( 

74377CCE-A6C8-491E-A4FB-0FAB25D0C297.jpeg

Edited by Laura_TW

1 hour ago, Laura_TW said:

On no. I am so sorry for you. this is my first time to see this.

Did you get approval letter from USCIS and then get this notice again?

How come they gave you approval and then went back to reopen your case?

I received the approval letter but in it it was written the DOS sent a favorable recommendation when in my case it was NOT favorable. I asked my senator to email them to double check and of course they emailed her back saying it was approved in error and they are reopening the case.
I feel like this should be illegal to play with people's future and emotions like this. RIDICULOUS. 

6 hours ago, Sunshine33 said:

Which USCIS site do you use to check yours. I read somewhere in this thread that it's more than one sites.

I know of two:

• https://my.uscis.gov/

• https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Some people have luck with one and not the other. In my case they both suck

3 minutes ago, eliottreid said:

I received the approval letter but in it it was written the DOS sent a favorable recommendation when in my case it was NOT favorable. I asked my senator to email them to double check and of course they emailed her back saying it was approved in error and they are reopening the case.
I feel like this should be illegal to play with people's future and emotions like this. RIDICULOUS. 

Now...I remember your case posted previously. 

Hope you still get approval after reconsideration.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jpgs said:

I know of two:

• https://my.uscis.gov/

• https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Some people have luck with one and not the other. In my case they both suck

Thank you, going to see if I have any luck with either of the two.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Finally this stressful journey ends for me. USCIS case status website still shows case accepted by lockbox but I got email from myaccount dhs website and my case was approved on Sept 17. 

Final timeline: 

September 4: USCIS lockbox accepted my case and it was received at another USCIC office.

Process was mostly smooth for me except for unnecessary delay of DoS in sending my case to USCIS. 

Congrats!! All the best

Timeline
12 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Yep, that means they’re gonna reject it and the approval was a mistake :( 

74377CCE-A6C8-491E-A4FB-0FAB25D0C297.jpeg

Wow!!!! This is so wrong!!!

I am so sorry. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed you get approved after this reconsideration.

13 hours ago, Sunshine33 said:

Wow!!!! This is so wrong!!!

I am so sorry. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed you get approved after this reconsideration.

No chance lol

Please allow at least 30 days for the original office that made the decision on your case to receive it from the appellate authority and to work on your case before contacting us.”

9ECEF440-D230-46BD-A83D-D37796B9608A.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Finally, my waiver is approved on Aug. 29 and they sent the notice on same day.

But... I'm still waiting for hard copy of the approval notice. It's almost three weeks from when they sent the notice.

I called to contact center several times but they always said I should wait for 30 days to ask I didn't recieve the notice.

Do you guys have any idea how to track the notice mail or how to cofirm if the mail is missing?

FYI

I sent all the waiver documents to DOS on Jan 4 and USCIS recieved my case on April 10 with favorable recommendation.

I had waited the approval notice for almost four and half months.

I couldn't wait more, so I had made inqury on "Non-Delivery of Notice" on Aug 17 because I just want to contact a person who is really handling my case in Vermont office.

They replyed on Aug. 23 that my case is still pending (need more security check?) and approved my case on Aug. 29.

I guess my case was just missing...

It looks like they don't care our case is missing or not. 

NIH has sent the sponser views in august 1st week only. But DOS has updated it received.. Now again they requested for the sponser views...???

I checked with my sponser they havent received any thing such type .. Is the tehnical glitch or the mis typo by the officer..? Sent an email to DOS on 5th Sep, havent heard back anything from them.

Request for Sponsor Views Sent September, 04 2019
Sponsor Views Received September, 03 2019
No Objection Statement Received June, 30 2019
Fee Received June, 13 2019
Form DS-3035 Received June, 13 2019
Form DS-2019 Received June, 13 2019
Passport Data Page Received June, 13 2019
Statement Of Reason Received June, 13 2019

how much time does DOS takes to reply for an email?? anybody have an idea.

Edited by j1waiver2019
photo is showing up

16 hours ago, KangM said:

Hello everyone,

Finally, my waiver is approved on Aug. 29 and they sent the notice on same day.

But... I'm still waiting for hard copy of the approval notice. It's almost three weeks from when they sent the notice.

I called to contact center several times but they always said I should wait for 30 days to ask I didn't recieve the notice.

Do you guys have any idea how to track the notice mail or how to cofirm if the mail is missing?

FYI

I sent all the waiver documents to DOS on Jan 4 and USCIS recieved my case on April 10 with favorable recommendation.

I had waited the approval notice for almost four and half months.

I couldn't wait more, so I had made inqury on "Non-Delivery of Notice" on Aug 17 because I just want to contact a person who is really handling my case in Vermont office.

They replyed on Aug. 23 that my case is still pending (need more security check?) and approved my case on Aug. 29.

I guess my case was just missing...

It looks like they don't care our case is missing or not. 

do you live in usa?

11 hours ago, j1waiver2019 said:

NIH has sent the sponser views in august 1st week only. But DOS has updated it received.. Now again they requested for the sponser views...???

I checked with my sponser they havent received any thing such type .. Is the tehnical glitch or the mis typo by the officer..? Sent an email to DOS on 5th Sep, havent heard back anything from them.

Request for Sponsor Views Sent September, 04 2019
Sponsor Views Received September, 03 2019
No Objection Statement Received June, 30 2019
Fee Received June, 13 2019
Form DS-3035 Received June, 13 2019
Form DS-2019 Received June, 13 2019
Passport Data Page Received June, 13 2019
Statement Of Reason Received June, 13 2019

how much time does DOS takes to reply for an email?? anybody have an idea.

I had written to them on 26 August to inquire about my favorable recommendation letter (it was approved on 15th). They mailed my letter the next day and I assumed they did the job and won’t bother to reply now. I received their reply yesterday only! It begins with apologizing about late reply as they have high work load and then informs me that they sent my letter on 27th. So, it took about 3 weeks for them to reply. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:57 AM, Tulip987 said:

Final timeline: 

Final update: received approval notice in mail today 😊

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.