JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mrodriguez said:

FINALLY!!!

Attaching timeline and today's notice. Both my app and the USCIS website were showing updates.

I just have to wait for the letter in my mail.

I am soooo happy this agony is over!!!

YOU ALL CAN DO THIS!!! 

IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

BE OPTIMISTIC!!!

Screenshot_20190925-184225.jpg

20190925_184711.png

Congratulations. This process is really driving someone crazy. My NOS has been received since August 28 and no update since then.

1 hour ago, mrodriguez said:

FINALLY!!!

Attaching timeline and today's notice. Both my app and the USCIS website were showing updates.

I just have to wait for the letter in my mail.

I am soooo happy this agony is over!!!

YOU ALL CAN DO THIS!!! 

IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

BE OPTIMISTIC!!!

Screenshot_20190925-184225.jpg

20190925_184711.png

Congratulations! Which website did you use to track the USCIS status? Did you receive a case number on mail, or did it just show up in whatever page you were following? 

7 minutes ago, waiver_req said:

Congratulations! Which website did you use to track the USCIS status? Did you receive a case number on mail, or did it just show up in whatever page you were following? 

I had an app on my phone and I checked USCIS case status online like........20 times a day or maybe more.

Yes, I had a case number that I got by mail from USCIS a few days after they got the DOS favorable recommendation.

I heard the web was not updated because some people got the waiver and the website did not show this. 

My app sent me a message and then I checked the USCIS website and both said APPROVED 😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, mrodriguez said:

I had an app on my phone and I checked USCIS case status online like........20 times a day or maybe more.

Yes, I had a case number that I got by mail from USCIS a few days after they got the DOS favorable recommendation.

I heard the web was not updated because some people got the waiver and the website did not show this. 

My app sent me a message and then I checked the USCIS website and both said APPROVED 😀😀😀

What magical app was that?

:D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, waiver_req said:

Dos just issued my favorable recommendation :)

waiting on USCIS now

🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊 congrats next step is super fast.

hi guys,

i've been waiting an approval notice from uscis for 13 days already, my lawyer received a courtesy copy by mail, and they assured that they will soon receive the original approval notice this week. Does it really take that long to get a mail or is it just lost somewhere? Also is it common that uscis mail a courtesy copy and original approval notice to the lawyer (g28)?

Hello guys, here is my problem...

It's being now 20 weeks since all my documents and NOS updated and no recommendation yet from NVC =(

I sent e-mails to 212ewaiver@state.gov and they only reply saying the timeline is around 17 weeks or more so my case will be processed soon.

I had already my interview for K1 Visa, they are holding my passport waiting for the final approve and I fear my time will expire without having this Waiver. There's anything else I could do? A number I could call or another e-mail? 20 weeks and no decision is just ridiculous, my personal life is all stopped and I am literaly getting sick of it

On 9/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, jtoh said:

DOS sent favorable recommendation for a No objection waiver at the end of August 2019. Processing was fast like most posters here recently (2 weeks) after they received the no objection statement from the embassy. 

However, I have not received anything from USCIS yet---no receipt number. Seems that I should have received the approval from USCIS by now based on the recent posts here. 

Anyone else in my situation?

Country of Citizenship: India

My Documents received and uploaded by DOS: 3-4 weeks after it was received by them

NOS Received by DOS: August 23, 2019 (showed up 3 days after it was sent)

DOS Recommendation Sent to USCIS: August 30, 2019

USCIS Receipt Date: September 9, 2019 (online it said received at another USCIS office)

USICS Approved Date: Sept 23, 2019 (myaccount.uscis does not have the update, just the other case status website)

More or less a similar time line compared to most people. 

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Edited by jtoh

9 hours ago, jtoh said:

Country of Citizenship: India

My Documents received and uploaded by DOS: 3-4 weeks after it was received by them

NOS Received by DOS: August 23, 2019 (showed up 3 days after it was sent)

DOS Recommendation Sent to USCIS: August 30, 2019

USCIS Receipt Date: September 9, 2019 (online it said received at another USCIS office)

USICS Approved Date: Sept 23, 2019 (myaccount.uscis does not have the update, just the other case status website)

More or less a similar time line compared to most people. 

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Have you received approval mail already?

On 9/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, Mrkz said:

hi guys,

i've been waiting an approval notice from uscis for 13 days already, my lawyer received a courtesy copy by mail, and they assured that they will soon receive the original approval notice this week. Does it really take that long to get a mail or is it just lost somewhere? Also is it common that uscis mail a courtesy copy and original approval notice to the lawyer (g28)?

I know that uscis usually uses snail mail, so it might take some time to get it... I hope you get it soon!

On 9/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, Giselle Jones said:

Hello guys, here is my problem...

It's being now 20 weeks since all my documents and NOS updated and no recommendation yet from NVC =(

I sent e-mails to 212ewaiver@state.gov and they only reply saying the timeline is around 17 weeks or more so my case will be processed soon.

I had already my interview for K1 Visa, they are holding my passport waiting for the final approve and I fear my time will expire without having this Waiver. There's anything else I could do? A number I could call or another e-mail? 20 weeks and no decision is just ridiculous, my personal life is all stopped and I am literaly getting sick of it

Have you tried getting some help from a congressman or senator?

8 hours ago, Giselle Jones said:

How do I do it?

Check who your representative is at https://www.house.gov/ and look for "help with a federal agency" at their website. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.