Thomianguy

10 ye visa process overlapping into qualifying for citizenship

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
13 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

He is just embarrassing and so are his followers. 

Yes, I know. I live in his home city and have seen and noticed his antics since the early 80s.

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/21/15

I-130 Sent: 5/03/15

NOA1: 5/08/15

NOA2 (approval): 10/26/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 11/12/15

NVC Scan Date: 12/2/15

Paid AOS fee: 12/04/15

Paid IV fee: 12/04/15

AOS & IV Package sent: 12/16/15

NVC Case Complete: 1/26/16

Interview Date: 4/27/16

Interview Result: Approved!!!

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, princeglove said:

I was in the same situation. I waited until I had my 10 years before applying for citizenship. You do have the right to apply for citizenship when your time is due even if you have not gotten your removal of conditions approved. However, the officer in charge of your case would want to find out why the rush. This will let them scrutinized your l751 thoroughly which could lead to a denial. Even though u can file the N400 now, I would advice you wait. Sometimes you gotta let USCIS know that your life doesn’t depend on them . 

I just wanted to stop by and say "Hey Neighbor".... I live in Cameron as well. 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, USC4SPOUSE said:

Just a heads up... Bozo Trump has a large following here. You wouldn't think so given the nature of this site. 🤣

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, Thomianguy said:

Use to be on the site a lot over 3 years ago. Just came back after all that time. Was not aware of the political climate, but yes, that is surprising considering his seeming displeasure with immigrants, notably from certain places and that it appears his policies have slowed the process for many of us.

The vast majority of the political commentary or banter is over in the Common Events and Hot Social Topics(CEHST) area of the forum which is primarily opinion based. Then usually it is only ever brought up in a topic is if someone brings it up like what @Thomianguy did. 

Also @USC4SPOUSE I think you doing a broad brushing of people just off of their political beliefs is pretty messed up to say the least. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The vast majority of the political commentary or banter is over in the Common Events and Hot Social Topics(CEHST) area of the forum which is primarily opinion based. Then usually it is only ever brought up in a topic is if someone brings it up like what @Thomianguy did. 

Also @USC4SPOUSE I think you doing a broad brushing of people just off of their political beliefs is pretty messed up to say the least. 

Yeah, I suck, I brought him up. Shouldn't have. Loathe that dude.

Edited by Thomianguy

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

3 minutes ago, Thomianguy said:

Yeah, I suck, I brought him up. Shouldn't have. Loathe that dude.

I understand... You know the old saying right? Opinions are like butts, everyone has one. 

My only issue with some people is that they want to have someone to blame when they did not fill out the proper paperwork or add in the required documentation. I saw this the other day on a FB site dedicated to CR1 visas. They guy was complaining about how it's the President's fault his wife got a 221G because his wife didn't have a tax transcript as part of her interview, when it says to have that. 

But seriously if I were you I would file for the ROC and then the N400 later. Once your wife has her citizenship then you won't have to go through this mess again. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I understand... You know the old saying right? Opinions are like butts, everyone has one. 

My only issue with some people is that they want to have someone to blame when they did not fill out the proper paperwork or add in the required documentation. I saw this the other day on a FB site dedicated to CR1 visas. They guy was complaining about how it's the President's fault his wife got a 221G because his wife didn't have a tax transcript as part of her interview, when it says to have that. 

But seriously if I were you I would file for the ROC and then the N400 later. Once your wife has her citizenship then you won't have to go through this mess again. 

Well, I have filled out immigration paperwork quite a few times so I know it is not an issue of mistakes on the paper work. My only problem is because trump seems to be ordering resources to do other things in immigration, it seems to be affecting the time lines of people actually waiting for their paperwork to go through.  I could be wrong, but it seems to be the case

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

3 hours ago, Thomianguy said:

Well, I have filled out immigration paperwork quite a few times so I know it is not an issue of mistakes on the paper work. My only problem is because trump seems to be ordering resources to do other things in immigration, it seems to be affecting the time lines of people actually waiting for their paperwork to go through.  I could be wrong, but it seems to be the case

To be completely honest the times have been increasing even before he took office. You should have seen it on here after the 2016 election because people were coming on here like out of the woodwork all asking about trying to make their status legalized and that was before he took office. The pace hasn't slowed down at all but increased because even more people are trying to get or stay Legal, or just forget everything and file for naturalization. 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:27 PM, NikLR said:

It doesnt reset any clocks.  N-400 is adjudicated locally and the I-751 is done at service centers.  If the N-400 comes up for interview then they have a joint interview.  Also the officers are perfectly aware of the time for ROC and dont look negatively if you dont wait. 

But when we file n-400 we won’t receive the 10-year green card and we have to wait  for the naturalization, which is around18-20 months. That’s what I mean to ‘reset’ . Anyways, it is the same time we have to wait even if we had the 10y green card (i think). 

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

1 hour ago, diane79 said:

But when we file n-400 we won’t receive the 10-year green card and we have to wait  for the naturalization, which is around18-20 months. That’s what I mean to ‘reset’ . Anyways, it is the same time we have to wait even if we had the 10y green card (i think). 

Naturalization times depend on location. It could be 6 months or 24 months from filing.  Normally about a year though which is about 9m into your ROC.  It's possible to recieve the 10 yr card before the  N-400 is adjudicated but based on current ROC timelines it's unlikely. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.