Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 minutes ago, Drenimarcus said:

Thank you! Tips on when and how to call? Going to have my fiancée call them first time tomorrow

Absolutely.  I called around 5PM CST. I waited maybe around 5 minutes.  A very nice lady picked up the phone.  I told her I received an email from NVC that they have my case.  I wanted to know if a case number has been assigned. She said it looks like case number and invoice number have been assigned. Hope it helps. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, pushok said:

Absolutely.  I called around 5PM CST. I waited maybe around 5 minutes.  A very nice lady picked up the phone.  I told her I received an email from NVC that they have my case.  I wanted to know if a case number has been assigned. She said it looks like case number and invoice number have been assigned. Hope it helps. 

Thanks! Wish you luck in the rest of your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

P3 Letter from Consulate

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNE59CSXcFjVhiBa3tLYFclDtj3f0nCp/view?usp=sharing

Starting 1/2019 Indonesia requires the Tax Transcript and not the 1040.

Thanks @Greenbaum we got that ready 😊

17 minutes ago, Kate41 said:

How long it takes for embassy to response back about 221 (g) ?

Nobody knows because each embassy is different. We have seen within the week of receipt and we have seen over a year. Pretty much hard to pinpoint an accurate answer to your question. I'd suggest you locate other threads where others from your country are talking about the process. Try the "Forums" tab above and scroll down 3/4 of the page to locate.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 minutes ago, pushok said:

Since we have our case number. Can I (petitioner) fill out DS 160 now? 

You are one of the most active members here pushok and it bogles my mind that you don't know the answer to that question. I have stated as well as others that YES you can complete your DS-160 after you have your case number. Sorry, but I have answered this questions at least 10 times today and hundreds of times throughout this and other threads over the course of months if not years. :D The answer was and still is:

YES you can complete your DS-160 after you have your case number

31 minutes ago, tirac said:

Thanks @Greenbaum we got that ready 😊

Have you tried your sub-forum for answers from those from your country who would have first hand knowledge?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Though we should clarify for @pushokas well as anyone else, because he asked specifically as the petitioner..

The answer is yes, you may do the DS160, but no, you may not sign it on behalf of the beneficiary. Fill it out, enter your information in the "were you assisted in completing this form" section, then send your spouse the login information so he/she can sign it.

Though it's highly unlikely they would check, it's been stated that DoS can see the location where the DS160 was signed and it could cause problems if it wasn't signed in the United States and not your spouse's country. I know VPNs can spoof location, but I've never seen mention of using VPNs to assign you a VPN from their country in the event that you wanted to break the law and sign it for them.  I think discussing that might be breaking VJ ToS anyway, so we'll avoid getting into that any further....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, vjscorp said:

i hope this is not how far the interview dates are! 😭😭😭😭😭

I just entered the confirmation of the payment receipt and it's giving me this date May 9th. This far out. Can anyone suggest if you are India K1?

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.49.01 PM.png

Sadly, that's probably correct. Kyiv is regarded as always having record early interviews and even there it's already into the first week of April. I'd grab one of those May 9th appointments while you have the chance, you can always attempt to reschedule to an earlier date later but once the slots are gone, they're gone, and you don't know what day the next ones will be. 

35 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You are one of the most active members here pushok and it bogles my mind that you don't know the answer to that question. I have stated as well as others that YES you can complete your DS-160 after you have your case number. Sorry, but I have answered this questions at least 10 times today and hundreds of times throughout this and other threads over the course of months if not years. :D The answer was and still is:

Have you tried your sub-forum for answers from those from your country who would have first hand knowledge?

@GreenbaumI like you! :) and I do know the answer. I just wanted to make sure if anyone had a different experience. 

Thank you @JMEngland for clarifying my question. 

However, jokes aside it must be annoying seeing the same questions asked over and over again. @Greenbaumperhaps admin can delete my question. 

Edited by pushok

19 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Though we should clarify for @pushokas well as anyone else, because he asked specifically as the petitioner..

The answer is yes, you may do the DS160, but no, you may not sign it on behalf of the beneficiary. Fill it out, enter your information in the "were you assisted in completing this form" section, then send your spouse the login information so he/she can sign it.

Though it's highly unlikely they would check, it's been stated that DoS can see the location where the DS160 was signed and it could cause problems if it wasn't signed in the United States and not your spouse's country. I know VPNs can spoof location, but I've never seen mention of using VPNs to assign you a VPN from their country in the event that you wanted to break the law and sign it for them.  I think discussing that might be breaking VJ ToS anyway, so we'll avoid getting into that any further....

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Omg! I’ll have my fiance call them tomorrow too. Noa2 date is 2/28. 😱😱😱

2 hours ago, hato2207 said:

My case is Ready in HCM, vietnam. Shipped day at 19 March as you guys mentioned. 😍

20190321_103046.jpg

That’s good! So excited for youuuu! 👏🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Does the case usually show Ready when it's delivered to the Embassy, or when it's delivered and gets registered? It's 4 day.weekend in my country from today. will it probably show Ready on the 1st working day after the weekend even if it's delivered tomorrow, for example?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.