EllisAndRenz

Fees everywhere ... now BPI

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, gregcrs2 said:

Curios as to how much money was requested to open a bank account.

None.  She asked me if she really needed it.  She said "Find out if it's true so we don't mess this up."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, EllisAndRenz said:

It might not be a P3.  It might just be a letter they sent.  I didn't see it yet. That could be mis-terming it.

I've been scammed by a cop down there for money for some violation I didn't do.  I wouldn't put it past people to scam her.  But that's my question right:  Are these "fees" legitimate or a scam?  I'll follow up to see if they were paid.  But ...

The embassy communicates via email if they have an email for either of you 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

It might not be a P3.  It might just be a letter they sent.  I didn't see it yet. That could be mis-terming it.

I've been scammed by a cop down there for money for some violation I didn't do.  I wouldn't put it past people to scam her.  But that's my question right:  Are these "fees" legitimate or a scam?  I'll follow up to see if they were paid.  But ...

The fees are NOT legitimate.  

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

The embassy communicates via email if they have an email for either of you 

It was on the status that they sent it in the mail.  So I believe the US Embassy web site.

Timeline

Yea embassy rarely communicates with the beneficiary, it's up to them to follow through with the process and complete requirements. They don't "nudge" them along... but if they did it would be email most likely as was noted above.

All these "fees" just aren't right. Yes people get scammed in the Philippines, it can happen... but everyone, everywhere, at every step in the process is scamming her? Unlikely. 

But again, in the overall sense of it, still this is small money compared to what's coming later hah.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

It was on the status that they sent it in the mail.  So I believe the US Embassy web site.

I believe what I actually experienced.  Embassy EMAIL!

image.thumb.png.07ddafa4c430207d34e5b409d763f30b.png

YMMV

10 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

None.  She asked me if she really needed it.  She said "Find out if it's true so we don't mess this up."

Fees is not legitimate..the only time the k1 visa need to pay is when their application is ready..bpi might charge for service fee but its not that much..i think its not even a hundred pesos?

The only mail i received from embassy is some applications that my fiance "now husband" sent together with 129f but they sent it after i got approved. They rarely communicate with the beneficiary. 

Ask your fiance what she received in the mail/email.. it might a nvc letter or something and she just misunderstood whats on it?

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I believe what I actually experienced.  Embassy EMAIL!

image.thumb.png.07ddafa4c430207d34e5b409d763f30b.png

I think thats what she received.

I received that email too after i scheduled my interview(but dont follow how i schedule my interview because i was just lucky,im not supposed to do it) 😂😂

Edited by icanbenobody

1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

No she doesn't need a bank account.  Mine did set one up and it was cheaper for me to put money from the US into that account.

To quote my asawa "Welcome to the  Fee-lippines"

Kano tax...:-))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

45 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Have her produce the receipts.   

🍿 'eating popcorn and watching..'

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

If @payxibka is right and thats what your fiance received then its completely normal. 

Question is: why did your fiance go to bpi and knows about this fees without reading the instructions on how to pay her visa application in bpi?

Take note: it called MRV slip that she needs to download and print before she could go to bpi and pay for visa application.

I hope she didn't ask one of her neighbor about this process because usually neighbors are smart ### they know everything but to ruin things.

Timeline
1 minute ago, icanbenobody said:

If @payxibka is right and thats what your fiance received then its completely normal. 

Question is: why did your fiance go to bpi and knows about this fees without reading the instructions on how to pay her visa application in bpi?

Take note: it called MRV slip that she needs to download and print before she could go to bpi and pay for visa application.

I hope she didn't ask one of her neighbor about this process because usually neighbors are smart ### they know everything but to ruin things.

Yes, I had her go to print the slip.  Then she went to BPI bank to pay Visa application.  They took the slip.  They took the money.  They charged an extra "fee" for taking the money (which she had and didn't ask me for).  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

I think thats what she received.

I received that email too after i scheduled my interview(but dont follow how i schedule my interview because i was just lucky,im not supposed to do it) 😂😂

Neither one of us got an e-mail in spite of email being on file.  I think that's the letter she got.  I'll have her photo and send it to me.  

I just learned how to schedule from the embassy web-site and we did that.  

Timeline

there could be confusion between the market exchange rate and the Embassy exchange rate which is "paddded" to include any "fee" for BPI

One thing I have learned is that ALL filipinos know exactly what the peso/dollar rate is on a daily basis

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

One thing I have learned is that ALL filipinos know exactly what the peso/dollar rate is on a daily basis

lol That is very true :lol:

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.