EllisAndRenz

Fees everywhere ... now BPI

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, EllisAndRenz said:

I ship a package (at expense) and there is a fee at the door for delivery.  (1000 peso).  The embassy ships her P3 packet, and they charge fee for delivery (500 peso). 

She pays Visa fee at the bank, and the bank charge her 500 pesos. 

Why so many fees?

Also the bank teller told her she needs to open a bank account or they will deny the visa.  (She doesn't have a bank account)

Do I need to have her open a bank account?   Why was none of this ever explained before?  (I am very concerned about this bank account requirement)

Wanna chipped in my experience when we did the process mid of 2018, after NOA 2 my now husband sent me a door to door package I did not pay anything to received it. I did not have a bank account at BPI, I just went to the bank there’s a Kiosk machine to select the transaction I want to do it printed a que number, then I wait to be called, I paid the interview fee without any extra service charge. 

We got the P3 via email then a little over a week and a day after I had my interview I got the P3 by mail its the same welcome letter like what’s on the email only difference is there’s a copy of some pages from I-129F (I believe it’s the page one with the stamp approved and some other stamp and 3 other pages), I did not pay anything when I received it from the delivery guy. 

Did your fiancee asked for receipt when she paid those amount mentioned? 

I’m sorry to hear you guys had to deal with this, I know it’s concerning.

Like what the rest had already mentioned and you are also aware there are other fees coming soon. 

I think it is worthy to say if you guys opted to get the passport with the visa delivered home she does not need to pay anything to 2go.

Also take note she needs to attend a seminar at CFO it only cost Php 400.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.