17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you for your story and congratulations on your visa.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Congratulations dear. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, its good to know. like you said, its a case by case scenario, if you didn't prepare a good package from the beginning you turn to have a stressful experience at the interview.

Congratulations, my husband and I didn't front load during USCIS stage just civil documents, thanks for the information. Will definitely front load at the NVC stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Paa Qwesi said:

I seriously have much to say but i will try and keep it simple. To us believers, we know and acknowledge God in all we do and at the right time it will surely happen.

I have been so anxious and couldn't understand why even date for interview could take a whole 3months but it finally came on the 17th of December,2018.

My appointment was scheduled for today 17th January, 2019 and i went with all my documents and album.

This is what i think. You are approved or denied even before you get there and so me i think filing and front loading is key.

I got to the embassy at 5:45am (Interview time was 8:30) and it was like i was the first to be hanging around. At exactly 7:00am we were all lined up and marched to the gate for inspection of our appointment letters. We went through the scanning and into the consulate. We plenty rough and funny enough it was the old women who were getting the Visa's....lol.

Fast forward, i was called to the counter to present my documents.

She asked for

1. Original Birth and marriage certificate, Police report

2. Proof of relationship (Pictures/Financial transaction/Tickets) which is all she took and rejected the pay stubs, Wedding cards, whatsapp chats and social media print out that i did.

I went back to join another queue for the interview and the lady called.

CO: Can you please raise your right hand?

Me: Right hand raised

CO: Do you promise/swear that all the information you have given are true?

Me: Yes

CO: Who is petitioning for you?

Me: My wife (I mentioned her full name)

CO: Have you traveled outside Ghana before?

Me: No

CO: Do you have a child?

CO: Does she have a child?

CO: Can i see your left fingers?

Me: I raised them.

(She nods seeing my ring)

CO: Can you place them on the machine for a scan?

Me: I did

Co: Congratulations, i'm gonna issue you the Visa. All instructions are on this paper. Go for it at the DHL Office within 2-3weeks.

Whaaaaaat! That's it? Hmmmm.

In as much as people share their experience, if what i experienced is anything to go by, then this Youtube videos i kept watching about peoples experiences really affected me. Sleepless nights, studying the documents like i'm going to write my final paper at school. Chai.

So this is my story and what i think. If your case is genuine, just make sure you get the right documents. Just use the check list, pray to God to guide you and sleep. No need to be scared of anything. They are not there to refuse you. A woman almost collapsed right behind me cos of what she had been told. Her Son was trying to calm her down but still and i told her, they need to place the Visa in her Passport and that why they called her to come with her passport so she shouldn't be afraid. She heaved a sigh and guess what? The CO was smiling with her when it was her turn.

Relax guys. Nothing to be scared of if your marriage is genuine and your documents are intact.

ALL GLORY TO JESUS. My prayers is with those of you going. Thank you to all who supported me on this journey.

Congratulation!!!! To God be the Glory 

Timeline

As i always say with God on your side there is nothing to fear if u have genuine marriage. I didn't front load or side load and was only asked just 2 questions and was approved. The atmosphere at the embassy is relaxing , was nervous before entering but when I entered and saw how the place was all my anxiety and nervousness went away .The environment is not intimidating. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Adutwum said:

As i always say with God on your side there is nothing to fear if u have genuine marriage. I didn't front load or side load and was only asked just 2 questions and was approved. The atmosphere at the embassy is relaxing , was nervous before entering but when I entered and saw how the place was all my anxiety and nervousness went away .The environment is not intimidating. 

You are right. The atmosphere is relaxing.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

I feel better now...u have given us hope...thanks for sharing..welcome to the USA!

Awwww i'm glad my post did and that's what you should have. Blessed are those who put their trust in God. Do your part and leave the rest to God.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Congratulations on getting your visa and best wishes is reuniting with your significant other soon and I wish you success in your life in the USA.

That said I want to point out that everyone’s experience is different. Someone will front load and not be successful, someone will present only two documents and be successful. And contrary to what you said, some consular officers are looking for any flimsy opportunity to refuse you. That is the reality, not all human beings are good or kind.

You were blessed. We Christians call it grace, and everyone’s grace is different. Many people have genuine marriages and are true Christians but get rejected, so it is not guaranteed. The Lord says he causes it to rain on both the righteous and unrighteous.

Enjoy your blessings.

Edited by HonoraryCitizen

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.