14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if I can just include the first page of our joint bank statement or do I have to include the whole statement including expenses/deposits? 

Generally the whole statement so they can see that the account is actually being used jointly.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Yikes. 

I guess that's a good thing since my packet is looking a bit thin.

Thank you so much.

Btw, I'm a bit worried that I don't have as much evidences as other members here after checking out the mega thread.

Here's what I have for my contents section:

Contents:

• Original Bank of America Cashier’s Check in the amount of $680.00 for the payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee.
  • Original Form I-751 filled and signed by A. G. J and J.G. J..
  • One copy of A. G. J's Green Card; Front and back. (2 pages)

Enclosed are the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• One copy of A G. J’s Philippine passport with current stamps. (2 pages)
  • One copy of A G. J’s California Identification Card indicating our current address of residence; Front and back. (2 pages)
  • One copy of A G. J’s Social Security Card; Front and back. (2 pages)
  • One copy of our son’s, F G. J, American passport with current stamps. (2 pages)
  • One copy of our son’s, F G. J, Social Security Card; Front and back (2 pages)
  • One copy of our son’s, F G. J, Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  • One copy of our son’s, FG. J, Philippine Certificate of Live Birth. (4 pages)
  • One copy of our Marriage Certificate for J and A J.
  • One copy of the driver’s license of J. G. J and California Identification Card of AG. J indicating our current address of residence.
  • One partial copy of our joint tax return for 2017; indication of joint account. (3 pages)
  • One partial copy of our joint tax return for 2016; indication of joint account. (4 pages)
  • Partial copy of our joint bank checking account for December 2017- January 2018 and November 2018- December 2018; indication of joint account. (2 pages)
  • Partial copy of our joint bank checking account for December 2016- January 2017 and November 2017- December 2017; indication of joint account. (2 pages)
  • Copy our son’s Notice of approval for a California State Preschool; indication of joint account.
  • Copies of our Notice of approval for Medi-Cal Health Insurance; indication of joint account.  (2 pages)
  • Photo Collages of our family vacations and bonding (23 pages)

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise us if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed personal information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Definitely include all transaction pages from all joint bank and credit card statements. Our ROC was a couple of years ago so things might be different now but we got an RFE and I think not sending the transaction pages was probably one of the reasons. 

As for not having as much as other people, you can only send what you have. Of course sending every page of every monthly statement will definitely be a good start.

Best wishes!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

One suggestion would be to use tax transcripts instead of tax returns.  Not sure why you'd send in a partial return instead of the full thing.  Do you have any leases?  Joint financial liabilities or assets?  Other joint insurances (car, renter's, etc)?  Those are solid proofs.

I actually didn't send my full bank statements, so hoping I don't get an RFE for just sending the first page of each.  There's not really any way to see who is actually completing any of the transactions on them though, so I don't know what that would reveal.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

8 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

One suggestion would be to use tax transcripts instead of tax returns.  Not sure why you'd send in a partial return instead of the full thing.  Do you have any leases?  Joint financial liabilities or assets?  Other joint insurances (car, renter's, etc)?  Those are solid proofs.

I actually didn't send my full bank statements, so hoping I don't get an RFE for just sending the first page of each.  There's not really any way to see who is actually completing any of the transactions on them though, so I don't know what that would reveal.  

Shows the account is being used period vs just sitting there without activity.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 1/15/2019 at 1:13 AM, Justin Jamandre said:

I was wondering if I can just include the first page of our joint bank statement or do I have to include the whole statement including expenses/deposits? 

You MUST include transaction information. They actually say it in instructions. That's the whole point.

Timeline
21 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

Ok, that does sound better. The reason I thought just the first 2 pages of my tax packet was because I asked my preparer  what part I would need that shows both my wife and my own  name. She told me the first two pages.

22 minutes ago, Justin Jamandre said:

Now I'm assuming that everyone here has submitted their tax transcripts and not just  the 1040?

You either submit your tax return transcripts OR your entire tax return including all schedules and w2 etc.. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You either submit your tax return transcripts OR your entire tax return including all schedules and w2 etc.. 

Yikes.. I may want to wait 10 days for the transcript.. 

My wife really wants to mail the package asap but I'm trying to tell her to wait until I can confirm all the correct information first.

This forum is really a blessing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Justin Jamandre said:

Yikes.. I may want to wait 10 days for the transcript.. 

My wife really wants to mail the package asap but I'm trying to tell her to wait until I can confirm all the correct information first.

This forum is really a blessing.

You can download your tax transcripts in five minutes online. Register for an account on irs.gov and they will let you download copies of the transcripts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.