dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, G502 said:

Hi,

all my documents been accepted on SEAC page. Haven’t received documentary qualified email. Called NVC they can’t tell me anything just that I’m under administrative process, didn’t know you get background check at this stage 😣🤔

I think you’ll receive it the same time you’ll receive you interview letter. 

The NVC received our case on the 3rd Dec 18, we are coming up on 8 weeks waiting on Monday. I phoned the NVC today, choosing option 2 and asked for my case number. I got through after hour and the operator said your case is being electronically processed and she was unable to provide a case number. She stated I need to chose option 5 and she transferred my call, after waiting in another phone queue, I got through to operator who said I would receive a welcome pack by either post or email but he did not provide a case number. Has anyone struggled in obtaining their case number? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, OET said:

The NVC received our case on the 3rd Dec 18, we are coming up on 8 weeks waiting on Monday. I phoned the NVC today, choosing option 2 and asked for my case number. I got through after hour and the operator said your case is being electronically processed and she was unable to provide a case number. She stated I need to chose option 5 and she transferred my call, after waiting in another phone queue, I got through to operator who said I would receive a welcome pack by either post or email but he did not provide a case number. Has anyone struggled in obtaining their case number? 

I am curious please and I would like to ask because I have been seeing this electronic processing thing for a while now. How is it different from the uploading of documents on the ceac website? Is it the same thing or it's different? If it is, is that not what almost every case is required to do lately? And if it is not same as uploading documents on the ceac website, then how is it being processed? I have googled, it appears the same 

23 minutes ago, OET said:

Yess im going through the same thing, NVC received my case December 4, 2018 and still no case number. I’ve caled almost every day and nothing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Itstyme said:

I am curious please and I would like to ask because I have been seeing this electronic processing thing for a while now. How is it different from the uploading of documents on the ceac website? Is it the same thing or it's different? If it is, is that not what almost every case is required to do lately? And if it is not same as uploading documents on the ceac website, then how is it being processed? I have googled, it appears the same 

Hey there.  A nvc agent stated that not cases are done electronically.  Depending on your embassy, i guess.  Electronic processing is done by the ceac website, mail processing is by sending the docs to there NH mailing address and email processing u r provided with an email address to email your docs to that address.  All this can be found  here.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, OET said:

I think you should call back later tonight.  I have a timeline calendar and based on it. Persons with receipt date should be getting invoice # today.  Besides, they usually tell u to wait until the 8weeks and he never told u that he said you should be receiving an email etc. It means they are probably in the final stage of completing your case id

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

Hey there.  A nvc agent stated that not cases are done electronically.  Depending on your embassy, i guess.  Electronic processing is done by the ceac website, mail processing is by sending the docs to there NH mailing address and email processing u r provided with an email address to email your docs to that address.  All this can be found  here.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Thank you. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, josie125 said:

If i were you, I would only pick one person as my joint sponsor to make it easier for you and for NVC. Pick one person who has enough for both the beneficiary and their dependants included.

The joint sponsor (i864 FORM, NOT including your household memebers) alone has to make the income amount.

You, yourself can only combine your income (i864A FORM) and your household income together and if you all reach the amount including the beneficiary, you DO NOT need another sponsor.

Keep in mind you also have to file i864 yourself even though you don't make enough. 

Oh okay thanks.

Me and my household members can indeed reach the minimum amount, by using our assets.

My uncle can reach the minimum with his income (quite easily too as he does very well). 

Which would you go with?

Edited by catmonkey

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, catmonkey said:

Oh okay thanks.

Me and my household members can indeed reach the minimum amount, by using our assets.

My uncle can reach the minimum with his income (quite easily too as he does very well). 

Which would you go with?

I would use my uncle since he can reach it by himself, but the end decision is your own! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, OET said:

We are the same NVC receive date as you, I have been calling everyday, I called yesterday and got the same standard "it can take up to 8 weeks". This morning at 8:30 EST we got the email with our case number! So hopefully you hear something later today or tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, cc13 said:

We are the same NVC receive date as you, I have been calling everyday, I called yesterday and got the same standard "it can take up to 8 weeks". This morning at 8:30 EST we got the email with our case number! So hopefully you hear something later today or tomorrow. 

Ah congrats, Thanks for letting me know. Good luck on the next step. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, kateree11 said:

Heyy, Is that timeline some what accurate on when we should receive NVC case number ? 

May you please check when does it say I should receive my case number from NVC , my receipt date is December 4,2018. 

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I haven't been wrong thus far. Your receipt date would be tomorrow.  

Edited by Marie85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.