2,003 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

You would need to call USCIS, provide them your A-number, and then they should be able to provide you your case number.

Thank you for your response. I sent them email instead of calling. Maybe I'll call them in few days if they didn't reply on my email.

ROC Timeline:

01/28/2018 - Sent I-175 Packet to Dallas Lockbox

02/01/2019 - Case was received 

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but it looks like some of us got 18-month extension letters first and some got biometric letters.

Does that mean not everyone will need to do biometrics? Or just that our service centers aren't booking the appointments as quickly?

ROC

1 hour ago, uppercasedee said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but it looks like some of us got 18-month extension letters first and some got biometric letters.

Does that mean not everyone will need to do biometrics? Or just that our service centers aren't booking the appointments as quickly?

We should all get both extension notices and biometrics appointment letter (usually in that order) at some point. It is my general observation that Vermont Center has been quick in sending biometrics appointments but lagging on extension notices. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Divya MV said:

Hi everyone,

We filed ROC for my husband on 1/26/19. It was accepted on 2/1/19 with a text that said I-797 notice to follow. We are planning on traveling in April but according to infopass, the two offices in New York that are available for us do not take appointments at this time. We don’t want to travel unless he has a I-551 stamp in his passport. Has anyone been able to get the stamp prior to the GC expiring?

We mailed on 1/14/19 tracked the arrival to the facility on the 16th and haven’t heard since (no electronic notice, nor check has been cashed). We too have a trip booked for April. I would love to know what everyone else might be doing. His GC expires April 7, so we have to get his passport stamped before we travel or else we just can’t leave. 

Hope we get some clarity soon! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, tortugarouge said:

We mailed on 1/14/19 tracked the arrival to the facility on the 16th and haven’t heard since (no electronic notice, nor check has been cashed). We too have a trip booked for April. I would love to know what everyone else might be doing. His GC expires April 7, so we have to get his passport stamped before we travel or else we just can’t leave. 

Hope we get some clarity soon! 

I would definitely call them.  At the very least, the check should have been cashed.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tortugarouge said:

Everyone seems to have received very quick responses. We filed 1/14 and nothing yet. Check also hasn’t been cashed. I’m getting nervous as we have a trip planned in April. 

I filled on 1/11 received on 1/14 got text message from USCIS on 1/18 with EAC receipt no.Cheque cashed on 1/21. Still waiting on NOA and biometric letter

1 hour ago, tortugarouge said:

Everyone seems to have received very quick responses. We filed 1/14 and nothing yet. Check also hasn’t been cashed. I’m getting nervous as we have a trip planned in April. 

58 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

I filled on 1/11 received on 1/14 got text message from USCIS on 1/18 with EAC receipt no.Cheque cashed on 1/21. Still waiting on NOA and biometric letter

I got delivery confirmation on 1/12 and haven't received anything yet either. (I don't have a case number yet because I'm a dunce and forgot to fill out the G-1145... <_< )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
11 minutes ago, leroyleviticus said:

I got delivery confirmation on 1/12 and haven't received anything yet either. (I don't have a case number yet because I'm a dunce and forgot to fill out the G-1145... <_< )

You better call USCIS representative and ask for case no

1 hour ago, tortugarouge said:

Definitely don’t go out of the country without I-551 stamp. A family friend went without it and showed the NOA for this petition and they wouldn’t let her on her connecting flight back to the US. They said the NOA paper was not enough proof. She had to go back to the country she started from and go to the embassy to get I-551 stamp. After she got it, they allowed her to transit back to the US. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Divya MV said:

Definitely don’t go out of the country without I-551 stamp. A family friend went without it and showed the NOA for this petition and they wouldn’t let her on her connecting flight back to the US. They said the NOA paper was not enough proof. She had to go back to the country she started from and go to the embassy to get I-551 stamp. After she got it, they allowed her to transit back to the US. 

Yikes - what a nightmare.  

I would think that’s more of an issue that they were not familiar with the process.  The entire purpose of the extension letter is to bypass having to get the stamp.

I cross back and forth into Canada (by land border) frequently, and I haven’t had to show my passport coming back into the U.S. in a LONG time.  They only ever want the green card. 

13 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Yikes - what a nightmare.  

I would think that’s more of an issue that they were not familiar with the process.  The entire purpose of the extension letter is to bypass having to get the stamp.

I cross back and forth into Canada (by land border) frequently, and I haven’t had to show my passport coming back into the U.S. in a LONG time.  They only ever want the green card. 

I think it must be easier when you’re coming from Canada. This family friend was connecting through Dubai and they refused to let her clear and board. 

20 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

I will definitely try and get ahold of them this week. I am not too worried about it (yet) but getting there 😄

51 minutes ago, Divya MV said:

That's crazy! 😱

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charming12 said:

The mail came...I didn’t include the biometric fee. I’m the real dunce here! Just to be extra careful: is it one check (680) or two separate checks (595+85)? I believe it’s just one but now I have to dig around to be sure. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.