2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, prenouveau said:

So they do not consider losing your driving license and/or your job, an emergency?

Job is emergency if your employer requires proof of your legal status but most employers comply with Everify now and it’s unlikely that they will ask you to present any proof of your legal status. Driving licences is an emergency as well if you it is lost or you have to renew it I believe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Quick Update: California Service Center - Los Angeles Local Office jurisdiction

Two failed attempts to get infopass appointment for a stamp in the passport since the extension letter expired last month (late July). I had previously called about 2 weeks before it expired and just called again today. At this point, we're literally almost a month away from the case being considered outside normal processing times and I'm sure glad we didn't apply for citizenship or else we'd probably have to wait even longer before they take action.

With the anticipated furlough though... who knows if they'll increase the processing times by next month. Keeping fingers crossed and just gonna have to wait it out one more month and hopefully file the Service Request or go thru Ombudsman/Senator. One month to gooooo... 🤞😅

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Timeline

Hello friends, I hope all of you doing great and staying healthy. So today, I got an email that my N-400 status has been updated to interview scheduled. I was in The middle of a meeting and literally pissed my boss to walk out of it so I can check the status online 😆 My USCIS account page has update that my interview is scheduled and I will receive a letter in the mail soon. I think I will be able to access the letter from my USCIS account as well like others before. Now I’m secretly nervous too because my I/751 is still pending. I hope they do combo interview. In update it says that I should bring appointment confirmation letter, GC and other valid ID (DL, State ID etc.). My I-751 was transferred after a week of me filling my N-400, congressman although no help in reality at least confirmed to me that they checked with USCIS that I will have combo interview (3 months ago). Finally feeling excited and thrilled to be honest. Most importantly thank you all for your support and guidance, I will keep you all updated throughout the process for upcoming weeks 😊 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

Hello friends, I hope all of you doing great and staying healthy. So today, I got an email that my N-400 status has been updated to interview scheduled. I was in The middle of a meeting and literally pissed my boss to walk out of it so I can check the status online 😆 My USCIS account page has update that my interview is scheduled and I will receive a letter in the mail soon. I think I will be able to access the letter from my USCIS account as well like others before. Now I’m secretly nervous too because my I/751 is still pending. I hope they do combo interview. In update it says that I should bring appointment confirmation letter, GC and other valid ID (DL, State ID etc.). My I-751 was transferred after a week of me filling my N-400, congressman although no help in reality at least confirmed to me that they checked with USCIS that I will have combo interview (3 months ago). Finally feeling excited and thrilled to be honest. Most importantly thank you all for your support and guidance, I will keep you all updated throughout the process for upcoming weeks 😊 

Congratulations on your good news. Hope everything goes well for you. Keep us posted please and good luck on your interview.

WAC Filer
01/30/2019 Applied for I751

05/03/2019 I751 Biometrics done

10/25/2019 I751 was transferred 

10/29/2019 I751 was transferred 

01/30/2020 Applied for N400 Electronically

02/14/2020 I751 was transferred to NBC 

02/18/2020 N400 Biometrics done 

02/28/2020 I751 interview scheduled
03/31/2020 I751 interview canceled 
04/01/2020 I751 interview ready to be scheduled
07/23/2020 I751 was transferred

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
12 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

So checking your email was more important than a meeting? Pissing off your boss is never a good thing, especially when this was not an emergency. You could have easily checked your email after the meeting.

Timeline
8 hours ago, BT1453 said:

Congratulations on your good news. Hope everything goes well for you. Keep us posted please and good luck on your interview.

Thank you so much, I will keep everyone updated.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jakelake said:

So checking your email was more important than a meeting? Pissing off your boss is never a good thing, especially when this was not an emergency. You could have easily checked your email after the meeting.

Hello, yes it was very important for me. Specially when I’m waiting to hear back something for years. We have loss of our loved one in the family and I couldn’t go just because I cannot travel with expired extension letter and everything is closed in my home country to get anything that can help me getting a Stan, tried that already. I was excited and happy that I will soon be able to see my family and be with them when we all need each other the most. I understand your concern but I’m leaving my current job for better opportunity that was offered to me next month. I had 0 issue pissing my boss off because his cut throat leadership is the reason I’m leaving.

6 minutes ago, Nathpuria said:

Hello, yes it was very important for me. Specially when I’m waiting to hear back something for years. We have loss of our loved one in the family and I couldn’t go just because I cannot travel with expired extension letter and everything is closed in my home country to get anything that can help me getting a Stan, tried that already. I was excited and happy that I will soon be able to see my family and be with them when we all need each other the most. I understand your concern but I’m leaving my current job for better opportunity that was offered to me next month. I had 0 issue pissing my boss off because his cut throat leadership is the reason I’m leaving.

Oh, you dont even have to explain how you felt when you received the mail! I would scream in the middle of the meeting!!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Aibgokce said:

Oh, you dont even have to explain how you felt when you received the mail! I would scream in the middle of the meeting!!!

Haha 😂 I believe you. It has been bumpy road for all of us. Let’s finish strong. I was not hoping to hear anything from them for at least 6 months.

Just now, Nathpuria said:

Haha 😂 I believe you. It has been bumpy road for all of us. Let’s finish strong. I was not hoping to hear anything from them for at least 6 months.

Yes! Ive got 19 more days to open out of processing time case, lets hope that they wont extend their processing times again. 

Hi! I called yesterday to USCIS to get a stamp to extend my 18 month extension that will expire in 30 days. I waited for maybe 1 hour on queue, and when someone answered, the representative said due to covid I would have to call 10 days before my extension expiration and they will schedule me for stamp. 

I was supposed to be scheduled for my I751 interview last April, but due to covid, it was delayed. I'm still waiting for the new schedule, hopefully, before 10 days of expiration, they interviewed me already so I won't need the stamp. 

ROC Timeline:

01/28/2018 - Sent I-175 Packet to Dallas Lockbox

02/01/2019 - Case was received 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Aibgokce said:

Yes! Ive got 19 more days to open out of processing time case, lets hope that they wont extend their processing times again. 

Good luck and I hope you will hear some good news soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today we received an email I-751 "case update".

The notice date is August 26, 2020 and says... "Your I-751 interview has been scheduled. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow instructions in the mailed notice".

We are excited to have received ANY notice at this point in our pursuit. However, since we submitted our online N-400 on July 14, 2020, we are wondering if we will actually have the I-751 interview OR will the case get transferred somewhere again with the N-400 application.

Any thoughts/responses are appreciated.

Timeline
8 hours ago, RanKan said:

Today we received an email I-751 "case update".

The notice date is August 26, 2020 and says... "Your I-751 interview has been scheduled. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow instructions in the mailed notice".

We are excited to have received ANY notice at this point in our pursuit. However, since we submitted our online N-400 on July 14, 2020, we are wondering if we will actually have the I-751 interview OR will the case get transferred somewhere again with the N-400 application.

Any thoughts/responses are appreciated.

There is a possibility that you I-751 gets completed prior to N-400 since the new application is just two months old. But I have heard on the other thread that I follow that someone with similar situation like got both of their cases approved at I-751 interview. Not sure accurate is that but either way , good luck 

Timeline

Hello everyone. I just received the letter that I was waiting for from USCIS today. My N-400 interview is scheduled on 09/29. My I-751 is still pending so I just hope  that they will do combo interview. Practicing my CIVICS questions 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.