2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
18 hours ago, sjn said:

I got the same Notification today? they transferred to new office... same reason as of Feb 14th.. 
You have any update? 

not yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Somewhere on this thread it said there was an old site and a new site for checking case status online.

Our 751 case status says nothing except case was received. Nothing else. It doesn't even mention that we did biometrics a year ago. So for one year nothing.

I think I found address for new site, but when I plugged in my username and password nothing.

Very worried about re-registering and then having no access anywhere.

Anyone have any insights about new site and old site, address for new site and how best to access new site?

Thanks.

Eric 

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19
(G-1145 Email Receipt of case #: Never Received)
1/15/19: Called USCIS and given EAC Case Number

39 minutes ago, Eric The Wait said:

Somewhere on this thread it said there was an old site and a new site for checking case status online.

Our 751 case status says nothing except case was received. Nothing else. It doesn't even mention that we did biometrics a year ago. So for one year nothing.

I think I found address for new site, but when I plugged in my username and password nothing.

Very worried about re-registering and then having no access anywhere.

Anyone have any insights about new site and old site, address for new site and how best to access new site?

Thanks.

Eric 

Old site - https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do?appReceiptNum=YSC1990396870

New Site- https://myaccount.uscis.gov

Login details for both are created differently. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

i751 initial review  ???

and stuck while when i look case tracker all cases between my numbers getting approved 

this process is pain and stressful ...

just to renew my gc this headaches thats too bad 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, mseck8688 said:

i751 initial review  ???

and stuck while when i look case tracker all cases between my numbers getting approved 

Some of us filed early to mid 2018 with no movement at all whatsoever so I'd say your case is actually going fast compared... 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, mseck8688 said:

i751 initial review  ???

It’s not “just to renew”... it’s removing conditions on your residency by proving your marriage was in good faith and not just for immigration benefits.  So yes, it’s a burdensome filing, and time consuming, but you knew going into this process what it was going to be.  And you’re in a much better position than many other people who are still separated from their loved ones.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, sjn said:

Bud, what was informed in the physical notice? did you get it? 

yes I did get it and all they mentioned about fast processing as a reason for transfer of my case

On 2/16/2020 at 2:33 PM, Cryssiekins said:

So yes, it’s a burdensome filing, and time consuming, but you knew going into this process what it was going to be. 

Depends on a case. Had I known that ROC would have taken so long, I would have waited on getting my green card. I had a H1B visa and could have applied later and gotten the permanent green card. At that time USCIS did not have this terrible backlog and even the IO said "I am sorry that your card is going to be conditional, but do not worry it is a very simple process to remove the condition". Wrong. I would recommend that CR6 filers file later and get their permanent card. My 485 adjustment took 9 month. ROC is already over a year and the n-400 will take longer than 1 year since NYC is terribly backlogged. We had a very straightforward case, yet every step has been very lengthy. 

7 hours ago, aroabi said:

Depends on a case. Had I known that ROC would have taken so long, I would have waited on getting my green card. I had a H1B visa and could have applied later and gotten the permanent green card. At that time USCIS did not have this terrible backlog and even the IO said "I am sorry that your card is going to be conditional, but do not worry it is a very simple process to remove the condition". Wrong. I would recommend that CR6 filers file later and get their permanent card. My 485 adjustment took 9 month. ROC is already over a year and the n-400 will take longer than 1 year since NYC is terribly backlogged. We had a very straightforward case, yet every step has been very lengthy. 

Most people's ROC has been 12 - 18 month on average.  I don't know why you were expecting something different.

AOS: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131   ( 128 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 12/08/2016 [ Day -002 ] Medical Exam Done
  • 12/10/2016 [ Day 000 ] AOS package mailed out by USPS flat rate ( I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 )
  • 12/12/2016 [ Day 002 ] Delivered and signed by R. Mercardo
  • 12/22/2016 [ Day 012 ] Checks cashed by USCIS Chicago
  • 12/28/2016 [ Day 018 ] Received text & email e-Notices of acceptance
  • 01/03/2017 [ Day 024 ] Received hard copy NOA1 ( Received Date - Dec 13, Notice date - Dec 23 )
  • 01/07/2017 [ Day 028 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice date: Dec 31 2016 )
  • 01/17/2017 [ Day 038 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/09/2017 [ Day 089 ] Received letter of interview appointment scheduled Apr 6
  • 04/03/2017 [ Day 114 ] Received notice that EAD / AP card was being produced via text and email
  • 04/06/2017 [ Day 117 ] Went to Scheduled Interview. I-485 Approved same day
  • 04/07/2017 [ Day 118 ] Received hard copy notice that EAD / AP card was being produced
  • 04/15/2017 [ Day 128 ] Received EAD / AP and Greencard on the SAME DAY

ROC: I-751  ( 374 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 01/21/2019 [ Day 000 ] ROC package mailed out by UPS due to gov shutdown ( I-751, sent 20 days late )
  • 01/23/2019 [ Day 002 ] Delivered to Lewisville TX and signed by Edwards
  • 01/29/2019 [ Day 008 ] Check cashed by USCIS Dallas
  • 02/01/2019 [ Day 011 ] Received NOA I-797 receipt # EACxxxx ( Received Date - Jan 23, Notice Date - Jan 28 )
  • 02/25/2019 [ Day 035 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - Feb 15 2019 )
  • 03/04/2019 [ Day 042 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 01/23/2020 [ Day 367 ] I-751 Approved and card ordered. ( Mailed out Jan 27 2020 )
  • 01/30/2020 [ Day 374 ] New Greencard Delivered

Naturalization: N-400  ( 439 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 02/06/2020 [ Day 000 ] N-400 submitted online ( Eligible 1/5/2020 ). Fee paid by Credit Card.
  • 02/08/2020 [ Day 002 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - 2/7/2020 )
  • 02/27/2020 [ Day 021 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/16/2021 [ Day 404 ] Letter for Interview Appointment
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Interview at Mount Laurel, NJ ( Completed )
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Oath Ceremony ( Completed )

5 hours ago, johhny5 said:

Most people's ROC has been 12 - 18 month on average.  I don't know why you were expecting something different.

I was expecting something different because it was not 12-18 month when I made a decision to do the i-485 and even when I filed the i-751. And it can go over 18 month for some applicants. USCIS keeps adding months to their processing time. Not all, but a lot of CR6 cases are straight forward. A lot of the applicants have been in the US for many years, have a steady employment history have valid work visas, and have undergone a stringent interview process with the IO just 2 years ago.  USCIS needs some major reforms.

Again CR6 filers unlike CR1 have the choice not to go through ROC at all. Had I known that USCIS could not effectively manage the workload, I would have skipped the ROC altogether. I regret going through ROC. It was a stupid thing to do on my part.

Edited by aroabi

30 minutes ago, aroabi said:

I was expecting something different because it was not 12-18 month when I made a decision to do the i-485 and even when I filed the i-751. And it can go over 18 month for some applicants.

ROC have been 12- 18 months for close to 2 years now and yes it can even go longer for some but 12 - 18 month is the AVERAGE like I said.

Again CR6 filers unlike CR1 have the choice not to go through ROC at all. Had I known that USCIS could not effectively manage the workload, I would have skipped the ROC altogether. I regret going through ROC. It was a stupid thing to do on my part.

Dude I have no idea what you are talking about.  Being a CR6, you only get a 2 year conditional greencard.  Your conditional permanent resident’s status is valid for only two years and cannot be renewed. You must file a petition to remove conditions on permanent resident status, or risk losing your lawful status.   And if it is a lawyer who told you that, I suggest getting a new one.

If you received your conditional permanent resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or being admitted to the United States as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (and then marrying the U.S. citizen), your conditional permanent resident’s status is valid for only two years and cannot be renewed. You must file a petition to remove conditions on permanent resident status, or risk losing your lawful status.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/remove_conditional_status

AOS: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131   ( 128 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 12/08/2016 [ Day -002 ] Medical Exam Done
  • 12/10/2016 [ Day 000 ] AOS package mailed out by USPS flat rate ( I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 )
  • 12/12/2016 [ Day 002 ] Delivered and signed by R. Mercardo
  • 12/22/2016 [ Day 012 ] Checks cashed by USCIS Chicago
  • 12/28/2016 [ Day 018 ] Received text & email e-Notices of acceptance
  • 01/03/2017 [ Day 024 ] Received hard copy NOA1 ( Received Date - Dec 13, Notice date - Dec 23 )
  • 01/07/2017 [ Day 028 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice date: Dec 31 2016 )
  • 01/17/2017 [ Day 038 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/09/2017 [ Day 089 ] Received letter of interview appointment scheduled Apr 6
  • 04/03/2017 [ Day 114 ] Received notice that EAD / AP card was being produced via text and email
  • 04/06/2017 [ Day 117 ] Went to Scheduled Interview. I-485 Approved same day
  • 04/07/2017 [ Day 118 ] Received hard copy notice that EAD / AP card was being produced
  • 04/15/2017 [ Day 128 ] Received EAD / AP and Greencard on the SAME DAY

ROC: I-751  ( 374 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 01/21/2019 [ Day 000 ] ROC package mailed out by UPS due to gov shutdown ( I-751, sent 20 days late )
  • 01/23/2019 [ Day 002 ] Delivered to Lewisville TX and signed by Edwards
  • 01/29/2019 [ Day 008 ] Check cashed by USCIS Dallas
  • 02/01/2019 [ Day 011 ] Received NOA I-797 receipt # EACxxxx ( Received Date - Jan 23, Notice Date - Jan 28 )
  • 02/25/2019 [ Day 035 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - Feb 15 2019 )
  • 03/04/2019 [ Day 042 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 01/23/2020 [ Day 367 ] I-751 Approved and card ordered. ( Mailed out Jan 27 2020 )
  • 01/30/2020 [ Day 374 ] New Greencard Delivered

Naturalization: N-400  ( 439 DAYS )

Spoiler
  • 02/06/2020 [ Day 000 ] N-400 submitted online ( Eligible 1/5/2020 ). Fee paid by Credit Card.
  • 02/08/2020 [ Day 002 ] Received bio-metrics appointment letter ( Notice Date: - 2/7/2020 )
  • 02/27/2020 [ Day 021 ] Bio-metrics Appointment at Elizabeth, NJ ( Completed )
  • 03/16/2021 [ Day 404 ] Letter for Interview Appointment
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Interview at Mount Laurel, NJ ( Completed )
  • 04/20/2021 [ Day 439 ] Oath Ceremony ( Completed )

43 minutes ago, johhny5 said:

ROC have been 12- 18 months for close to 2 years now and yes it can even go longer for some but 12 - 18 month is the AVERAGE like I said.

Dude I have no idea what you are talking about.  Being a CR6, you only get a 2 year conditional greencard.  Your conditional permanent resident’s status is valid for only two years and cannot be renewed. You must file a petition to remove conditions on permanent resident status, or risk losing your lawful status.   And if it is a lawyer who told you that, I suggest getting a new one.

If you received your conditional permanent resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or being admitted to the United States as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (and then marrying the U.S. citizen), your conditional permanent resident’s status is valid for only two years and cannot be renewed. You must file a petition to remove conditions on permanent resident status, or risk losing your lawful status.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/remove_conditional_status

I agree with you that you have no idea what I am talking about because you do not understand how i-485/i751 works, and that is OK (we do not have to be experts in immigration). Most CR6 applicants are already in the USA and have a valid work/student/J1 visa. They do not need to get a green card after marriage. For example they can wait 1.5-2 years after marriage to file for i-485. When they get their green card it will be the permanent green card hence no need to do ROC. And many CR6 applicants wait to get their permanent green card  and never go through ROC. What I am saying given the backlog, it was kind of stupid on my part to get the conditional green card. I could have easily waited 6-7 month and never had to deal with ROC. Based on my experience I would recommend that CR6 filers wait. ROC is costly and time consuming, why subject yourself to that if you cab easily avoid it?  You only get a conditional green card if your marriage is less than 2 years old at the time when you get a green card.

Edited by aroabi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, aroabi said:

I agree with you that you have no idea what I am talking about because you do not understand how i-485/i751 works, and that is OK (we do not have to be experts in immigration). Most CR6 applicants are already in the USA and have a valid work/student/J1 visa. They do not need to get a green card after marriage. For example they can wait 1.5-2 years after marriage to file for i-485. When they get their green card it will be the permanent green card hence no need to do ROC. And many CR6 applicants wait to get their permanent green card  and never go through ROC. What I am saying given the backlog, it was kind of stupid on my part to get the conditional green card. I could have easily waited 6-7 month and never had to deal with ROC. Based on my experience I would recommend that CR6 filers wait. ROC is costly and time consuming, why subject yourself to that if you cab easily avoid it?  You only get a conditional green card if your marriage is less than 2 years old at the time when you get a green card.

Your explanation makes sense to me, but it doesn’t change the fact that ROC has always been another expense, another big filing, and another period of waiting.  

The original comment I made was in reference to someone who constantly complains that ROC takes so long, even though they are well within the processing times, and that there is no weekly update, as if that was ever a thing with USCIS.  You file... you wait.... you get a decision. That’s how it works.  They don’t provide a re-dates update every week bc it’s not an ongoing review process.  Anyway.

Hindsight is 20-20, so I’m sorry you opted for the path you did only to regret it, but I’m sure there were pros and cons of each route.  Processing times always seem to increase.  4 years ago when I first started down this K1 journey, the process of filing the i129F to date of entry to the US, was just over 6 months.  My EAD/AP took 100 days, and shortly after that my greencard was processed.  So yeah, depending on when you filed, it may have seemed like a good idea to do it when you did, so I wouldn’t feel too badly over that :)  I also feel is dangerous for K1’s to delay filing their adjustment solely to skip ROC bc that puts the immigrant in a terrible position after those first 90 days.  

1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

Your explanation makes sense to me, but it doesn’t change the fact that ROC has always been another expense, another big filing, and another period of waiting.  

The original comment I made was in reference to someone who constantly complains that ROC takes so long, even though they are well within the processing times, and that there is no weekly update, as if that was ever a thing with USCIS.  You file... you wait.... you get a decision. That’s how it works.  They don’t provide a re-dates update every week bc it’s not an ongoing review process.  Anyway.

Hindsight is 20-20, so I’m sorry you opted for the path you did only to regret it, but I’m sure there were pros and cons of each route.  Processing times always seem to increase.  4 years ago when I first started down this K1 journey, the process of filing the i129F to date of entry to the US, was just over 6 months.  My EAD/AP took 100 days, and shortly after that my greencard was processed.  So yeah, depending on when you filed, it may have seemed like a good idea to do it when you did, so I wouldn’t feel too badly over that :)  I also feel is dangerous for K1’s to delay filing their adjustment solely to skip ROC bc that puts the immigrant in a terrible position after those first 90 days.  

K1 is a different situation, and probably is not worth waiting, but CR6 applicants who have steady employment/student visas can easily wait. For me there was no upside. I had to terminate my H1B visa after I got the green card.

Some people will complain no matter what, but I think a lot people who complain are from metro areas. USCIS has failed to allocate their resources properly. It’s unacceptable that one applicant gets their n-400 or another application done on under 6 months while most applicants from backlogged metro areas have to wait 13-21months. We paid the same fee. If metro areas have more applicants than USCIS is getting more money from those applications and have to have more officers to process those cases. Likewise, if certain areas do not get that many cases than the offices from those areas have to relocated/rehired to the backlogged areas.

People in metro areas are getting increasingly tired with USCIS’s practices and especially their lack of transparency, and you see some of that frustration on those boards. 

For example, they approve an i-751 case under 10 months, yet another applicant that filed the same day and paid the same fee gets approved at 23rd months. And the only explanation that USCIS has is that they were in different piles or were assigned to different officers. USCIS has to organize their piles accordingly, they have to impose internal deadlines to their officers so that they process the cases in reasonable amount of time and do not seat on cases for 20 months without touching it. For example VSC is possessing a case that was filed 9 months ago yet someone who filed 17 months ago is still waiting. So you do not expect the applicant who's waiting for 17 month and is seeing people approved under 10 month get frustrated? They say they process the cases in the order they receive them but do not practice it. We understand that they have more applicants and the processing times are going to increase across the board, but they have to do better job with allocating their resources evenly to avoid this terrible backlog in certain metro areas. That is all. There are i751 cases that are stuck and the only way to move them is to file n-400. Yet in NYC it takes 13.5-21 month to process the n-400. Even between different NYC boroughs USCIS processing times differ significantly and they can't even streamline that.

Their practices cost people jobs/careers, missed moments with their families etc. For example with expired green card and pending n-400, I am less likely to take a job that requires me to travel extensively or an employment that requires me to spend significant amount of time oversees.

Edited by aroabi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.